Keyshawn Johnson is Sooooooo Overated............

STRAWDOG

JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL
Keyshawn was overrated coming out of college and he is still overrated. There must be better receivers riding the pine at Tampa Bay?? He never makes any spectacular catches nor does he do anything outstanding after the catch. In every game that I have seen him in dating back to USC, he was ALL HYPE and ALL MOUTH. He misses a high percentage of balls that hits him in his 'Iron Hands'.

"CATCH THE DAMN BALL KEYSHAWN" and run your mouth later!

If he's worth a grain of salt, he'll get to prove it this weekend. Otherwise, he will be exposed as a loud-mouthed fraud before the entire world!

Originally posted by STRAWDOG
Keyshawn was overrated coming out of college and he is still overrated. There must be better receivers riding the pine at Tampa Bay?? He never makes any spectacular catches nor does he do anything outstanding after the catch. In every game that I have seen him in dating back to USC, he was ALL HYPE and ALL MOUTH. He misses a high percentage of balls that hits him in his 'Iron Hands'.

"CATCH THE DAMN BALL KEYSHAWN" and run your mouth later!

Actually, Keyshawn is highly thought of here in TB. As a receiver, he is what he is: A big target possession receiver WHO IS THE SECOND BEST BLOCKING RECEIVER (to Jerry Rice) IN THE NFL. He caught 106 passes in 2001 and 76 in 2002 and had over 1000 yds in each season. He caught 5 TDs this year after getting only 1 last year. He's not a speed guy, but none of the Bucs receivers are...leading to the question of whether all of them will be retained during the off-season. With Gruden's more sophisticated offense, he is running clear more often than in the past. Unfortunately, the o-line does not afford him as an option incredibly often.

He will probably never be able to hold Jerry Rice's cleats in that regard.

BULLSNIT!!!!!

For the few catches that he makes............

he is "OVERHYPED"......."OVERPAID".............and......"OVERRATED"!!!! Always has been, probabaly always will be!!!!

Just one man's opinion.

Who overrates him. I never hear critics ever say anthing positive about him. As far as recievers go you hear Jerry Rice, Terrel Owens, Randy Moss, and Marvin Harrison. Then you hear about everyone else and Key fits in the next group.

When he DOES make a catch, expect him to drop to the ground. The brotha rarely gets much run yardage after a catch. He must be doin' something right though. He's goin' to the big one.

For the record, I feel he's overrated also. We will see if he will deliver on Sunday.

Back