Kenn, Cat Daddy, Ms. Jag4Jag, and anyone else that is or about to be laid off...

Antroy

I have seen several people saying that your misfortunes are probably a blessing in disguise. I got to thinking and I realized that some of you are in Texas. I think it might be 3 or 4 of you. I'm not sure.
Anyway, from where I am sitting, you all have one thing in common: The SWACPage! Here's where I'm going with this.

:idea:
Why don't you all get together and create your own company!! SWACPage, Incorporated!! You all could do marketing, promotions, and advertising for all HBCUs (not just the SWAC). You could make apparel for all HBCUs, promote various HBCU events across the country, and help the black schools get their name out across the country in a positive light!

It doesn't have to be that. You all can make it out to whatever you want it to be. I feel that there is an untapped market for HBCUs. I don't see HBCU products outside of campus book stores or in nearby cities (unless it's Grambling or FAMU).

I just had this idea. I don't know what it would take to actually get something like this off. I don't even know if it's a good idea. It just came across my mind while I was reading the thread about Kenn being laid off and the other posters that were or will be out of a job, too.

Like Jay-Z said, "It's just my thoughts." Keep your heads up. I'm sure you all will land a job. I hope that it's the job you always wanted to have!

That is a good Idea

And there are alot of grants out there for small start up company's. I think it will work... :)

The Ground work could start here

Of course, this is after the business has started.

Since this is the SWACPage, I think that the ground work could begin with getting the SWAC schools. I would contact each school and tell them a few things about the company, it's owners, and how the company could help the school.
I would try to get the school to sign an "open ended contract" for a year or so. The school could give the SWACPage, Inc. the exclusive licensing (sp?) rights for school appearel (t-shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, etc.), graduation invitations, promotion of official university events in major citites, etc.
The contract could be for one or two years. At the end of the contract, if the school is pleased with what they've seen, they could enter into a long term contract. If not, they can opt out with no further obligations.
After a few years, the company could expand to the other conferences (MEAC, CIAA, SIAC) and the independents. That would make it the first company that is geared towards the HBCU community. Who knows, after a few more years, the company may attract interest from one of the PWCs.

I think it could be done. It would take time and some hard work but it could be done.

Behold the power of a Mississippi education !!

Good idea Bruh, if we don't help each other out, no one else will.

That idea was just a thought that popped into my head one night. I wasn't really sure if it was a good idea or not. I guess it was.

My brain always works, sometimes!!!

Back