Keepsakes, memories, etc............

yvette23

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were discussing how Princess Diana's former butler is on trial for stealing some of her jewely............anyway, one of the pieces was a diamond ring that one of her past lovers (or something like that) gave her, and that she kept locked in a safe.

So the question of the day was: Do you still have anything that a past lover has ever given you; and does your present lover or spouse knows that you still have it/them?

Or do you just have a bunch of things that you just kept over the years?

Fellas, I know this isn't really your thing, but if it helps, panties and bras count as well! :lol:

I have a long list of sh*t, so I'll come back later!! :)

YEP SURE DO!
T-SHIRT WITH OUR PICTURE ON IT
BRACELET
WATCH
EARINGS

I KEEP EVERYTHING, WELL EXCEPT FOR THE LAST BREAK UP, I LET HIM HAVE HIS **** CAUSE HE WAS JUST PITTIFUL!:smh:

My ex girlfriend from college still has my high school letterman's jacket. I still want that jacket back too. I wanted to pass that on to my son one day.

O yeah I forgot, this nicca got my college ID <-------------------WTF????

I mean hell if I don't want you can I have my isht back, then the nicca made a big deal like, ok I'll put it in the mail so you don't have to call me asking for it anymore.............I'm still waiting and that was 2 years ago!
:redhot:

well i still have a ring that was given to me, and it's funny that i still have it cause it went through the storm, i threw it at him during trial and error, lost it, found it, threw it in the snow, he found it, but i still have it. i had letters that he wrote me but because i have a bad azz temper, i tore those up during a heated moment. i still have his (magic city classic) t-shirt he gave me, too. pics of us, stuffed animals he gave, candy roses, etc.

oh Ms. Sonic made me think, i still have his high school ID, lol.

I don't have anything from previous relationships. Somehow, I always tend to find those things trash/pawnshop worthy, and get rid of them ...

WELL I WAS SO HOT AT THIS ONE DUDED WAAAAAAAAAAAY BACK IN THE DAY. I SAW SOME MOVIE, WHILE IN HIGH SCHOOL (NOT WAITING TO EXHALE), AND I JUST WANTED TO BURNED EVERYTHING THIS DUDE EVER GAVE ME. I WENT IN MY BACK YARD AND SET EVERY THING IN THIS METAL PAN, LETTERS, STUFFED ANIMALS, CLOTHES, AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING----BURN BA-BIE BURN!

:( LATER TO FIND OUT MY DOG GOT AHOLD OF A PIECE OF STUFFED ANIMAL THAT WAS BURNED AND SHE DIED!:shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:
I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER FLUFFY!

R.I.P. FLUFFY!

I have a box in my closet that has all kinds of sh*t in it: I'm talking HS cap & grown, band medals, programs, autographs, old phone numbers, elementary report cards, SAT scores, etc.........

But among those things, I still have the following:

Birthstone ring (he gave it to me when I was 14 and it still fits!) and 3 teddy bears from 1st high school sweetheart;

Valentine candy box that contains love letters from HS sweetheart;

Letters sent from ex while he was stationed in the Gulf during the war;

Letters from friends during my first year in college;

Letters from friends and relatives while living in Germany (mind you, I was there from 1980-83 :eek: )

I could go on and on........I have so much sh*t that I could open up a museum dedicated to me!! :lol: Hell, I've even had the blanket that's on my bed now since I was 5! :lol:

Well, my sophmore year in college (89), my then girlfriend gave me her most prized possession (at the time). She had pledged long and hard during the Fall '89 semester, and had gotten sick, but still crossed.....She gave me her Delta Sigma Theta brick....And I got another 'Delta special' brick from three of her line sisters. And I've kept those two bricks on my dresser ever since.

My wife didn't understand the significance at first, but when she met her, she told her the story. And they became friends. So it's cool.....

:( Oh the memories......

Originally posted by yvette23
I have a box in my closet that has all kinds of sh*t in it: I'm talking HS cap & grown, band medals, programs, autographs, old phone numbers, elementary report cards, SAT scores, etc.........

But among those things, I still have the following:

Birthstone ring (he gave it to me when I was 14 and it still fits!) and 3 teddy bears from 1st high school sweetheart;

Valentine candy box that contains love letters from HS sweetheart;

Letters sent from ex while he was stationed in the Gulf during the war;

Letters from friends during my first year in college;

Letters from friends and relatives while living in Germany (mind you, I was there from 1980-83 :eek: )

I could go on and on........I have so much sh*t that I could open up a museum dedicated to me!! :lol: Hell, I've even had the blanket that's on my bed now since I was 5! :lol:

oh ok yvette...well, if you wanna break it down as such then I save everything. I still have all my stuff from high school and college. Remember those memory books we use to get in high school? We'd have everyone and their mamas sign it, along with putting any and everything in them...well, I still have mine. I still have love letters & cards from old boyfriends and ex-husband (lol), I still have old dolls, stuffed animals, blankets, etc. from my childhood, that were given to me by my mama. I keep er'thang.:D

Here we go!

Originally posted by PsiSnake

Really?

Oh hell.......... :lol:

Sweety, remember when I told you that I was a history buff and I love to keep old things?

Wait a minute........you are not suppose to be speaking to me.........it's Magic City Classic Week!! :| :lol:

Originally posted by Vinita
I don't have anything from previous relationships. Somehow, I always tend to find those things trash/pawnshop worthy, and get rid of them ...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

u too?

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

oh ok yvette...well, if you wanna break it down as such then I save everything. I still have all my stuff from high school and college. Remember those memory books we use to get in high school? We'd have everyone and their mamas sign it, along with putting any and everything in them...well, I still have mine. I still have love letters & cards from old boyfriends and ex-husband (lol), I still have old dolls, stuffed animals, blankets, etc. from my childhood, that were given to me by my mama. I keep er'thang.:D

Man, I thought I was the only one..........I also have my memory book with my prom corsages (sp ck) stuff in them.

I just recently created a college memory album; the first page has my acceptance letter to ASU; the last page has my graduation letter (you know, the letter that lets you know that you met graduation requirements), and in between are pictures of friends, family, and events during my college years.

I got most of my stuff:

-hs varsity jacket...and it still fits :lol:

- band shirts, warm-up, sweat shirt

- college ID

...to name a few

One day, my ex was wearing my band shirt :eek2:.... I was gonna scrap!! :mad: To make the story short....:idea:...figure it out yourself!! :D :dude:

Originally posted by ms.sonic96
WELL I WAS SO HOT AT THIS ONE DUDED WAAAAAAAAAAAY BACK IN THE DAY. I SAW SOME MOVIE, WHILE IN HIGH SCHOOL (NOT WAITING TO EXHALE), AND I JUST WANTED TO BURNED EVERYTHING THIS DUDE EVER GAVE ME. I WENT IN MY BACK YARD AND SET EVERY THING IN THIS METAL PAN, LETTERS, STUFFED ANIMALS, CLOTHES, AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING----BURN BA-BIE BURN!

:( LATER TO FIND OUT MY DOG GOT AHOLD OF A PIECE OF STUFFED ANIMAL THAT WAS BURNED AND SHE DIED!:shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:
I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER FLUFFY!

R.I.P. FLUFFY!

Anger management to the rescue!!

:lmao:

I got stuff too Yvette and Dtown....

I still have:

all my awards from elementary, jr high, and high school
all my school trophies
my year book
my voting ballots from all the elections I was in in high school
my high school graduation program
my prom invitations
my acceptance letter to Southern
my college graduation program that was signed by as many engineering graduates I could get a hold of

all my report cards from school and my "grades" from Southern
I still have my class ring and the little plastic bag it came in from Herff Jones and the recept that shows I paid for it.
I still have this blanket my mom bought me when I was 10. As a matter of fact, it's draped over my legs right now. :D

I still have a green with orange/yellow/lime/white polka dots all over that was given to me when I was 5 years old! :)

:)

Originally posted by Vinita

I'm with you! *singing* Memories, in the corner of my mind--at that's where they'll stay--not in my closet or nowhere else;)

Frozen flowers!!!

I kno that sounds so dumb but when a guy gives me flowers I always freeze them. Just so I can remember that he gave them to me or when I get mad I can go melt the f*ckers!

Back