JSU's top receiver injured in practice

bluphiiijsu

Creative Director
September 27, 2001

JSU's top receiver injured in practice

From staff and wire reports

Jackson State leading receiver T.C. Taylor injured his left knee and left ankle in practice Wednesday and is questionable for Saturday's key Southwestern Athletic Conference game at Alabama A&M.

Taylor caught a short pass from quarterback Robert Kent near the left sideline, and as he turned to go upfield his left leg gave and Taylor fell to the turf just in front of the defensive back who was covering him on the play.

Taylor was taken off the field on a cart and went directly to the training room.

"I tried to make a cut right after I caught it and when I did my knee buckled one way and my ankle went the other way," said Taylor, who had a big bag of ice wrapped around his left knee. "It hurts. I really don't know anything right now. But I plan on playing Saturday. I've got to."

Taylor, a 6-foot-4 senior, has a team-leading 11 catches for 192 yards and four touchdowns in the Tigers' first two games.

Oh noo!!! I hope he's okay. For his sake, not the teams. We have plenty or recievers to fill in. I just hate to see a senior get injured and miss games, especially a senior with potential to go to the next level. All this means is that now they'll double Story instead of T.C..... Either way somebody is open who can take it to the house!!!

Let's pray it's not serious. We have lost too many of our players already! Good Luck to Mr. Vick.

He should sit this one out if he is questionable. We will need him down the stretch but not this game. I just hope nothing is broken.

I can't understand.....

How can you try to look past a team.... nevermind. GR, I know you are confident, but I remember a team that came to Huntsville with the same attitude. To bad the attitude didn't match the scoreboard.

Anyway, I hope T.C. isn't hurt too bad.

Mike,

Im not looking past a&m. It would take a miracle for a&M to win this game. Im just saying that we have people behind TC that were all-state players. A healthy Michael Goss is better than a hobbled TC. TC has size, but this kid is fast.

We dont need TC to beat A&M, so we should sit him out until we play our big competitive games.

T.C. is not hurt, he will play on Sat. This is an old trick used by coaches for years. We will prepare for T.C. They will use some vinger, red clay and ice on the twist and he will be 100% before 2:00p.m. today.

No trick MD...

I got there right after they carted him off the field. I said "whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!" :bawling: :bawling:
Then I looked out there and saw #1, and my heart started beating again.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
Your top receiver averages 64 yards a game?

Hmmmmmm....

Let's see. 192 yards in two games. My math tells me thats 96 yds/game. But I went to JSU. What do I know??? But when you have as many weapons as JSU has, it gets kinda hard for everybody to get gaudy stats. You wouldn't know anything about that, though. Would you???

I know what you mean

But when you have as many weapons as JSU has, it gets kinda hard for everybody to get gaudy stats.

That's the same exact problem we're having in Blue Death valley. Now that we have a stud quarterback and five capable receivers they are all starting to eat up some of Hicks' rushing stats.

Damn this balanced offense crap. :(

Originally posted by C-LeB28
Your top receiver averages 64 yards a game?

Hmmmmmm....

Actually, Cleb....Our supposed top rec hasnt caught a TD this year. Our QB has thrown a TD to at least 4 different recs.

So tell me, which one of your awesome recs. had that big game against A&M?

Stats will kill some of you.

Actually Ready,

Our average receiver Cortez Hankton had 9 catches for 143 yds against A&M giving him a total of 17 receptions thus far with 264 yds. This equates to 88 yards per game and an average of 15.54 yards per reception.

For the season T.C. "Vick" is what... 7 for 127. I assumed you guys played three games but you had an early "bye" week.

So... my mistake JSU. T.C. averages 63.5 per game. You're right, your awesome WR is better than our average one.
Your awesome also had a tentilating 7 yrds in your demolishing of Valley. But who am I.

You are a man engulfed in meaningless stats. My leading recs and qbs are only playing 3 qrts a game, while your guy is accumulating garbage stats while being down be 3 TDs. I reckon its more important to get silly meaningless yards and lose than to win and build quality depth.

Memo to everyone on this board. If you lose a game by 2 or more TDs, and if you are down most of the game by the same amount, your stats mean nothing

You got blown out by UTEP, lost to A&M, and only scored 17 points on Mighty PV, but you want to bring up stats. Man please.

My QB throws the ball to everybody, not just one or to guys.

Memo to the "Osama" of the Smack Page:

You actually think we left Cortez in that UTEP fiasco after the 3rd quarter???

Come on now man we got some dumb coaches but they aren't complete idiots.

C-leb
The article said TC has 11 catches for 192 yds in 2 games. Now, using JSU math that's 96 yds a game. I guess you were subtracting, huh.
Since you're so hung-up on stats why don't you explain why TC is averaging 17 yds a catch while YOUR boy is averaging 15 yds a catch. Explain to me why our SLOT receiver (read, short route-runner) is averaging more than your guy.

I'm waiting.

Can you please post Kent's stats from his last Texas Southern game? What about Taylor's?

BIGCAT3000 said...
Since you're so hung-up on stats why don't you explain why TC is averaging 17 yds a catch while YOUR boy is averaging 15 yds a catch. Explain to me why our SLOT receiver (read, short route-runner) is averaging more than your guy.

I'm waiting.

According to the internet... you know the thing Al Gore invented... there's these websites that spit out up to the minute stats and what not. If my guy, (which is Hankton) has 264 yards for the season and your #1 guy (which is Taylor) has 127 yards for the season and your #2 man (Travis) has 92 yards on 8 receptions for an average of 11.5 average and your #3 man (Story) has 81 yards on 6 receptions averaging 13.5 per catch.... how does that come close to Hankton who's averaging 15.5 per catch

Taken from USA Today's website after JSU's two games:

Receiving Rec Yds Tds
Kendric Travis 8 92 2
Tc Taylor 7 127 4
Lawrence Story 6 81 0
Robert Jacobs 4 72 1
Michael Goss 3 70 1
Tim Manning 3 57 0
TOTAL 31 499 8

Taken from CNNSI's website after JSU's two games:

RECEIVING REC YDS AVG TDS
1. Taylor 7 127 18.1 4
2. Travis 8 92 11.5 2
3. L. Story 6 81 13.5 0

Taken from CNNSI's website after TSU's three games:

RECEIVING REC YDS AVG TDS
1. Hankton 17 264 15.5 1

Taken from USA Today's website after TSU's three games:

Receiving Rec Yds Tds
Cortez Hankton 17 264 1

Please explain again on how your SLOT receiver.... better yet, please explain what article you have reads TC has 192 yards???

C-Leb,

Those stats are as wrong as you thinking your team was actually going to be good this season. But hey, if your guy has more yards than T.C., more power to you and him. T.C. is leading his team to victory and chilling. Your guy is fighting tooth and nail trying to keep the score respectable.

Check this C-Leb. T.C. had 6 catches for 120 yards and 2 TDs against Howard. He scored 2 TDs against Valley and both were for more than 7 yards. You might wanna go check the white folks at the Clarion Ledger before you rely on the white boys at USA Today.

So I guess the white folks at USA Today and CNNSI are wrong huh but the sips and the Clarion are straight right?

If they are suggesting that T.C. caught 4 passes for 7 yards and 2 TDs against Valley, you dayum right they are wrong. Their own extended box score point out that T.C. had 6 catches for 120 yards against Howard. They have no extended box for the Valley game.

You figure it out, Einstein. :rolleyes:

This is S _ _.

And this is still an irrelevant discussion. Even if, and you are so terribly wrong, your stats were correct, your man's meaningless yardage wouldn't compare to T.C.'s meaningful yardage.

Since cleb is so statistically inclined, Robber, let me see if I can explain it to him.

According to the stats info on the www.swac.org site, (which we know is regularly updated) in just two games, Taylor had 11 receptions for 192 yards and 4 TDs(17.5 yds per rec). Now including this week's game, T.C now has 18 receptions for 299 yards and 5 TDs (16.6 yds per rec) and the team is 3-0, 2-0 in the SWAC.

Anything else? I thought they taught people not to believe everything the media says.:rolleyes:

C-LEB
Your Al Gore invented internet is as bad as your George Bush invented Fuzzy Math. Maybe you need another browser. Hopefully, your info is updated now to, at least, include the Valley game.

Back