JSU's Greg Johnson named HC at Langston again?

I will check my sources. That would be a good move on both parties part. I heard that he did not neccessarily leave on a bad note, but it was not the best note. It is my understanding that Langston has decided to move to NCAA Division II level and join the SIAC, because at this point they could not gain enough support a momentum to join the SWAC at the NCAA Division I AA level. It is my understanding that this is still their ultimate goal.

Interesting & Intriguing!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Just confirmed it with my source.

He is back or as he stated.

"Back to the future!"

The renovation to stadium are coming along well. It is suppose to be a really nice stadium. It is my understanding they working hard to try to get UAPB on the schedule for like the first home game. Of course they want a rematch with Prairie View. I said they are the ones running scared.

Why would I bash Johnson?? I want him to stay at JSU but when you are the best DC in BCF and a NUPE, your options are endless.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Why would I bash Johnson?? I want him to stay at JSU but when you are the best DC in BCF and a NUPE, your options are endless.

:lmao:

so is JW..what???

Yeah, JSU had one of the worst defenses in the nation after JOhnson turned it around in 2002. However, we also played several games minus 8 of our original starters at times and I hate to say it, but this is not 1999 and we don't have the depth to do that. Dayum Hughes.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Yup, that's right!!!

all that time you were bashing him......

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

oh well, carry on....

uuuh no. you are wrong..that's Kelly, not JW. :p

Also, this might be a good move by Johnson. He is very well liked in Jackson...Bell is not. Johnson can always come back even if Bell gets lynched on Lynch Street.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mighty Hornet,

Jafus,
Is Langston currently Div 3?

Fair question. No, Langston University is currently a NAIA Division I institution. They are members of the Central State Football League (along with a couple PWC & the HBCU of Texas College as a first year program in the conference i.e HBCU Lincoln was a founding member of the football conference before they moved to NCAA Division II) and member of the Red River Athletic Conference (Along with several PWC and the HBCU of Paul Quinn, Jarvis-Christian, Wiley, & Huston-Tillotson).

Maybe if we get TxCollege and Langston to move up to D2, we can get UAPB and Valley to move down and then we will have a better football conference.

Maybe if we get TxCollege and Langston to move up to D2, we can get UAPB and Valley to move down and then we will have a better football conference.

You moved to Philly and got hard... :lol:

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
Just confirmed it with my source.

He is back or as he stated.

"Back to the future!"

The renovation to stadium are coming along well. It is suppose to be a really nice stadium. It is my understanding they working hard to try to get UAPB on the schedule for like the first home game. Of course they want a rematch with Prairie View. I said they are the ones running scared.

And I would bet that Greg Johnson will try to re hire his old defensive coordinator Marty Stewart from UAPB as well. But UAPB has enough D2 Teams on the schedule.

On the otherhand, this is a good move for Langston.

That deserves one HA!

I know this is not the SMACKBOARD, but JSU lost it's 2003 homecoming to whom!

PBLA,

And I would bet that Greg Johnson will try to re hire his old defensive coordinator Marty Stewart from UAPB as well. But UAPB has enough D2 Teams on the schedule.

On the otherhand, this is a good move for Langston.

True, but it is my understanding that Kentucky State roll off or at least their is serious consideration (negotiations) to replace them with Alabama A & M in the St. Louis Classic.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
PBLA,

True, but it is my understanding that Kentucky State roll off or at least their is serious consideration (negotiations) to replace them with Alabama A & M in the St. Louis Classic.

If that happens, the GATEWAY CLASSIC will be off the chain. And UAPB will have a new coach also ....man!!.:tup: :tup:

:topic:
AAMU fans if the deal is made. SAVE your money, because it is expensive as hell in those hotels and businesses around the Edward Jones Dome in St.Louis.

Back