JSU & Savannah State Cracking down on Conduct and Dress Code

J-State2DaPoint

"Eye Of The Tiger"
'Indecent' Dress, Lewd Conduct Banned at JSU
By Sidney Collins -- Black College Wire

sag.jpg

Photo by Ja'Vonnie Royster/Blue&White Flash
Student in cafeteria displays underwear

Jackson State University students are expected to behave and dress in a manner that represents the university in a positive way. For the 2008-2009 school term, JSU students are being asked to heed and obey a decorum policy that was first instituted last year.

The policy which focuses on dress, language and keeping the campus litter-free, encourages students to act in a professional manner while on campus or any university sponsored event.

The decorum policy states, "Conduct which is disorderly, lewd, indecent and or portrayed on the premises of the university or at university sponsored events will not be tolerated." However, there are conflicting ideas about whether the policy is being strictly enforced.
read more here http://www.blackcollegewire.org/index.php?option=com_ywp_blog&task=view&Itemid=28&id=5602

'Get Dressed or Get Out'
By TeNaya Farmer -- Black College Wire

sagging_pants.jpg

Sagging... It is a practice that has been under attack in recent years.

On Sept. 2, members of Savannah State University's President's Cabinet approved a new dress code policy during their monthly meeting which, among other things, prohibits sagging pants on campus.

The fine in Jasper County for sagging calls for a maximum penalty of $500 and 30 days in jail. In other cities across the nation, including places such as Trenton, La., and Atlanta, Ga., there have been numerous proposed ordinances to ban the practice.

Savannah's city council joined the opposition this past August by considering a ban that could be stricter than others.

read more here http://www.blackcollegewire.org/index.php?option=com_ywp_blog&task=view&Itemid=28&id=5609

I know it's a fad fashion statement BUT I never understood why people would want mto make themselves look stupid, walking around with their pant's down to their arse and then use their hand to hold them up everytime they take a step.

That shat is bout as dumb as the PET rock yet they think it look's good.
It make them look like Idiot's and the older they are, THE BIGGER THE IDIOT THEY LOOK.

Just because you can do something don't mean you should.
Muscle shirt's are on sale everyday but you won't see my skinny arse wearing one until I do my winter upgrade. :lmao:

Back