JSU president says he is in charge of athletics department

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall offense being a problem for aamu the past few years

We averaged 17ppg last year. Bottom half of the conference which was 102nd out of 123 FCS teams.

The offense was shit because SPADY, a was too busy experimenting with his nephew at QB. That boy couldnt start in the NAIA!

We averaged 17ppg last year. Bottom half of the conference which was 102nd out of 123 FCS teams.

The offense was shit because SPADY, a was too busy experimenting with his nephew at QB. That boy couldnt start in the NAIA!

Had we avg 17 we would have won 2 more games. It seems yall problem was more so with personnel at QB (coach playing his neph). Yall we're pretty decent offensively in other years. Under Chad we avg 18 and 12 points per game. A change at OC and personnel were needed

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Had we avg 17 we would have won 2 more games. It seems yall problem was more so with personnel at QB (coach playing his neph). Yall we're pretty decent offensively in other years. Under Chad we avg 18 and 12 points per game. A change at OC and personnel were needed

Spady wouldn't have averaged more points with another QB because he insisted on playing horizontal finesse football with linemen under 300lbs.

Good luck with THAT in the SWAC

Oh there is SOOOOOOOOOO much here....

"Simmons took a program that was 14-19 in the three seasons before he arrived and led them to a 21-11 record in three years before leaving for Florida A&M in December. " *smoke and mirrors*

"We had a good thing going at Prairie View," Robinson said. "But coming home and being a part of Jackson State and a bigger tradition (of a school) that really believes in the importance of athletics." *smoke and mirrors*

No digg but how can a school profess to "believe in the importance of athletics" when it sports the 7th lowest budget in the SWAC and is in the bottom 10 of all division-I schools in the united states of america?
Now you want to demean Simmon's accomplishments after all he did for PV? My, my, my.
He had the second best record in the entire SWAC over the last 3 years and PV football was exciting to watch.
Oh well....you had your time, now back to the old PV we once knew and loved.

Whatever happened to the phrase "it's good to be a Panther" cause it seems like everybody who goes there, leaves.
Yall don't have Simmons anymore, so we'll see what's up.

lol

I was gonna' type some great responses but I decided not to waste broadband and time detailing history. You, IC and OOC foes, will see the effect shortly. Hold on! It's FOREVER a great time to be a Panther!

Now you want to demean Simmon's accomplishments after all he did for PV? My, my, my.
He had the second best record in the entire SWAC over the last 3 years and PV football was exciting to watch.

We're not demeaning shit so keep fishing, fisherman. Coach Simmons went back 3-4 years earlier, while employed as an OC @ Alcorn State, and oversaw recruiting @ PVAMU and head coaching responsibilities @ PV as well. In fact, he oversaw the PV football budget while still employed @ Alcorn St. How did he do that? Doubly employed?

Do you see how ridiculous your assertions are? smgdh And please, you've seen nothing yet. WATCH what happens this fall. Y'all wanted a competitive PV; you're about to get a damned good one now. :D

Last edited:
Coach Simmons went back 3-4 years earlier, while employed as an OC @ Alcorn State, and oversaw recruiting @ PVAMU and head coaching responsibilities as well. His first and best prized recruit was that RB who gashed JSU for 215 yds in only 3.0 quarters of play during his sr yr campaign. How did he do that? Doubly employed?

Do you see how ridiculous your assertions are? smgdh And please, you've seen nothing yet. WATCH what happens this fall. Y'all wanted a competitive PV; you're about to get a damned good one now. :D
So what are you complaining about then? Simmons left PV in good shape, so why demean the man's accomplishments?

So what are you complaining about then? Simmons left PV in good shape, so why demean the man's accomplishments?

Coaches Frazier and Northern left PV in good shape. What's your point? Where is demeaning occurring? Show me. :D

Coaches Frazier and Northern left PV in good shape. What's your point? Where is demeaning occurring? Show me. :D
You stated that Simmon's 21-11 record was mere smoke and mirrors. I think he kept the program going and stable. That's more than most folks in the SWAC can say.

JRob, let me help educate you. :D

Did you know... The Texas A&M University System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $4.7 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities and seven state agencies, the Texas A&M System educates more than 152,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. System-wide, research and development expenditures exceeded $972 million in FY 2016 and helped drive the state’s economy. Did you know Prairie View A&M University is one of those 11? :D lololololololololololololololol

JRob, let me help educate you. :D

Did you know... The Texas A&M University System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $4.7 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities and seven state agencies, the Texas A&M System educates more than 152,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. System-wide, research and development expenditures exceeded $972 million in FY 2016 and helped drive the state’s economy. Did you know Prairie View A&M University is one of those 11? :D lololololololololololololololol
How long has PV been a part of this system?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You stated that Simmon's 21-11 record was mere smoke and mirrors. I think he kept the program going and stable. That's more than most folks in the SWAC can say.

Do you think the SWAC, as a whole, is(was) in a downward trend the last 4-5 years? Never thought I'd see the day when there was a 3-8 JSU team; a 1-10 UAPB; 4-7 AAMU; 4-7 sTu; 1-10 MVSU; 5-6 Bama St; ... in the same season (2016).

I do agree that he kept the program afloat, considering the over-abundance of talent that was recruited under coach Northern's tenure.

How long has PV been a part of this system?

When PVAMU was created on the EXACT same day at the EXACT same time as the big university in College Station, Tx - Texas A&M University Bryan/College Station is our sister school. However, our doors opened (officially) a few after theirs. We are the 2nd oldest public institution in Tx.

When PVAMU was created on the EXACT same day at the EXACT same time as the big university in College Station, Tx - Texas A&M University Bryan/College Station is our sister school. However, our doors opened (officially) a few after theirs. We are the 2nd oldest public institution in Tx.
So it took nearly 40 years for PV to even compete for another football title (since the 1960's) with all those millions backing up your school?
It took 40 years to get a 16,000 seat stadium with all of that financial support?
Then you just happened to get one built under Robinson's tenure, along with a nice athletic complex, yet yall say the man didn't do jack while he was at PV?!
Something's not adding up here.

So it took nearly 40 years for PV to even compete for another football title (since the 1960's) with all those millions backing up your school?
It took 40 years to get a 16,000 seat stadium with all of that financial support?
Then you just happened to get one built under Robinson's tenure, along with a nice athletic complex, yet yall say the man didn't do jack while he was at PV?!
Something's not adding up here.
Millions backing up a school that was severely (financially) neglected. Finish the sentence. There are no qualms about the historical (financial) mistreatment of PVAMU by its system, which falls in line w/ historical (financial) mistreatment of HBCUs. However, all of that was rectified in the year 1980... what? By what owning entity? ;) (hint: not the aTm-System) Also, in the state of Texas, we do NOT misuse tax $$$ slated for higher education towards "athletics." If we did, I'm sure the longhorns and aggies would have retractable roof 108K+ seat stadiums by now lol. PV's stadium work began during the tenure of Dr McClelland, under coach Frazier's initial coaching effort starting in 2004 so we didn't "happen to get one built" under your AD's watch. He just happened to be @ the right place @ the right time to smile for the photo-ops. lol

Oh there is SOOOOOOOOOO much here....

"Simmons took a program that was 14-19 in the three seasons before he arrived and led them to a 21-11 record in three years before leaving for Florida A&M in December. " *smoke and mirrors*

"We had a good thing going at Prairie View," Robinson said. "But coming home and being a part of Jackson State and a bigger tradition (of a school) that really believes in the importance of athletics." *smoke and mirrors*

No digg but how can a school profess to "believe in the importance of athletics" when it sports the 7th lowest budget in the SWAC and is in the bottom 10 of all division-I schools in the united states of america?

You are trying to apply logic to someone's PADDED resume'.

I see why they have issues over there. Logic ~ non-existent. smh
What issues? Seems like PV has issues with folks leaving left and right.
First you brag about the millions supposedly backing PV sports, then you back off when you're asked to be specific about it.
Why brag in the first place when you knew you didn't have the support to begin with? What kind of logic is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back