JSU football stadium study among state budget items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of Hispancs get to America from those dire poverty conditions in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador as well as Mexico and have the audacity to exhibit racist attitudes towards Black Americans. Additionally, they are "wet-backing illegally across the Texas border by the thousands, and headng straight for Houston and other prosperous areas of Texas and urban America. The Feds estimates that approximately 13M are in the U.S. illegally, but I persopnally would put that number at more than 20M. They (the browning of America) are the reason for the Republicans' recent moves moreso than are Black Americans.
We’re seen this influx of immigrants before in our history.

If Jackson want to build this stadium. Why don't use some of the students from another HBCU's Engineering program to find a site from the school, and go from there...

We have to start putting up our own money and using our resources. WHITE PEOPLE ARE NEVER GOING TO PLAY FAIR.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
If Jackson want to build this stadium. Why don't use some of the students from another HBCU's Engineering program to find a site from the school, and go from there...

We have to start putting up our own money and using our resources. WHITE PEOPLE ARE NEVER GOING TO PLAY FAIR.
I agree that "White People are Never Going To Play Fair"............But Black Folk pay Taxes in Good Ole Mississippi as well. J-State deserves better!

I agree that "White People are Never Going To Play Fair"............But Black Folk pay Taxes in Good Ole Mississippi as well. J-State deserves better!

Bingo. As public STATE institutions, it's literally the law for them to do so (hence why a lawsuit will eventually happen. We can see they won't just do right even with laws and settlement guideliens right there in their face)

Nothing like an on campus football game atmosphere especially for a school like jsu with a large fan base. Just imagine the excitement and atmosphere of 15,000 - 20,000 tailgaters outside and 40,000 inside the stadium on campus.

I mean, if JSU is serious about an on-campus stadium. They are going have to be creative.
I think the University already has an on-campus area for future construction in mind as mentioned in some of the previous posts. Also, JSU has been concerned about certain areas adjacent to campus and the JSU Development Fund did purchase a number of abandoned homes and in cooperation with the City of Jackson (if I'm not mistaken) had them demolished and the lots cleared. Efforts by previous Administrations, i.e., President Mason, to acquire some properties of concern near the campus were blocked by legislation and in the concern about community PR those efforts were abandoned.

Nothing like an on campus football game atmosphere especially for a school like jsu with a large fan base. Just imagine the excitement and atmosphere of 15,000 - 20,000 tailgaters outside and 40,000 inside the stadium on campus.
Would someone tell that to TSouU. Alcorn Alumni was planning a tailgate for the ASU/TSU game, only to be notified last week, the parking lot was not available for tailgating. Even though we had one the last time we played here. Geeez.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Would someone tell that to TSouU. Alcorn Alumni was planning a tailgate for the ASU/TSU game, only to be notified last week, the parking lot was not available for tailgating. Even though we had one the last time we played here. Geeez.

They may say that but most of the time you can just show up and set up. I know a few people did that for our game against them. It also could be a way they are planning for some of that area if the Astros are still in the playoffs.

I was told that by someone, but we have a large group, with caterers, etc. would be over 200 people. I may just do as you stated and bring my own. Hmm, think I will call my alumni/classmate who works in the Athletic department at TSU and get his suggestion.

One large issue that came up when they built their sports and convocation center is the people that were displaced. I haven't been to the campus in a number of years, but I am sure that is still the case.
I am a 1971 graduate when all games were placed on campus, the site of the convocation center was an empty field then. so no one was displaced.

I recall that too!
Yes, Probably a lot of the ones not from that generation but I remember the time took place and the Capital City Bowl was still going. On JSU was given the right to manage the stadium, not own it. Many of them say they own the stadium but cannot produce a copy of the deed.

Yes, Probably a lot of the ones not from that generation but I remember the time took place and the Capital City Bowl was still going. On JSU was given the right to manage the stadium, not own it. Many of them say they own the stadium but cannot produce a copy of the deed.
So, how can you prove what you say about the stadium? Absence of you having evidence isn't proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back