JSU football stadium study among state budget items

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernard

THEE Realist
Mississippi lawmakers are in the final stages of the legislative session but have already approved millions of dollars for projects across the state.

Included in the budget is nearly $300 million in bond projects, ranging from museums to roads. Also, $250,000 is now set aside to study the possibility of building new football stadium for Jackson State University.

JSU plays football at Veterans Memorial Stadium. The university uses it but doesn’t own it. The state has now approved a quarter of a million dollars to study what it would cost to build a new stadium on or right near the Jackson State campus.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lEZEguWzI

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I hate our HBCUs have to deal with dsyfunctional racist Republican state governments. Texas is 65% minority but yet racist white Republicans control pratically all the economic AND political power in the state .... make it make sense. Texas hasn't elected a Democrat to state wide office since the early 1990s and even then she was basically a "Lite-Republican".

I hate our HBCUs have to deal with dsyfunctional racist Republican state governments. Texas is 65% minority but yet racist white Republicans control pratically all the economic AND political power in the state .... make it make sense. Texas hasn't elected a Democrat to state wide office since the early 1990s and even then she was basically a "Lite-Republican".
Was she Ann Richards?

We have to stop blaming everything on political aspects. Because, all white people are just the same. One party hide behind their racism, and the other just put it in your face.

I do not understand why the Mississippi State Legislature keep playing games and wasting money on new studies. The legislature knows that the University Medical Center ( controlled by Ole Miss) - which is located across the street wants the stadium property to build a major Medical Research Park and Burn center in the Southeast region. They need to stop fighting it and pass the bond issue or appropriation bill for Jackson State to build the stadium on campus.

I do not understand why the Mississippi State Legislature keep playing games and wasting money on new studies. The legislature knows that the University Medical Center ( controlled by Ole Miss) - which is located across the street wants the stadium property to build a major Medical Research Park and Burn center in the Southeast region. They need to stop fighting it and pass the bond issue or appropriation bill for Jackson State to build the stadium on campus.
If JSU wasn't an HBCU, they would have been passed legislation to build a stadium near campus, using eminent domain and every other resource available.

You already know the reason why. Them folks don't to do anything that will halfway be beneficial to primarly black people so they will continue to kick the can down the road on that stadium as long as they can.

As long as they keep the majority in the state pop and useful idiot black politicians continue to not push them, the hamster wheel will keep turning

They are actually planning on passing some Jim Crow voter restrictions bills. Since Georgia has done it. So they want to pretend they care about black people with is BS study which is a waste of money. The data shows Jackson has the largest crowds in all of FCS so it’s a no brainer to build the damn stadium they are just so damn racist to imagine the thought of black people having something nice. So this is all smoke and mirrors they are preparing to put a halt to negros voting.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Legit question: Could the city of Jackson or the counties it sit in, chip in $$$ to pay for a Jackson State stadium?
Check the news. The City of Jackson can not afford to pay for a stadium for Jackson. Because of white flight and other miscues over the years, by the City, it's tax based is greatly decreased since the 1980's. And it would not benefit Jackson to build a stadium as it would not do anything to increase revenue as it would just replace any revenue received from the current situation. However, I do believe JSU needs an on campus stadium.

Seriously though....JSU is long overdue for their own stadium and I feel Mississippi is not supplying them the stadium because they are black.....$250K...that's not even enough for dirt work.

The stadium should be on JSU's campus. It's a damn shame that they have to travel to a stadium for a home game.

Legit question: Could the city of Jackson or the counties it sit in, chip in $$$ to pay for a Jackson State stadium?
I remember JSU offered to take the money from the state as a loan and was willing to pay it back which is unprecedented what public university would offer to do that. However look at the legislative body they will try to stop permits any everything they can to prevent any dirt from being move because they are threatened that this facility will be better than Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Because they know some folks are easily sold on shiny things thus you see all them 4-7 thugs at MSU fighting at a bowl game but can’t win shit in their win conference. Yet the state of Mississippi gives them everything they need to produce this View: https://youtu.be/Bnr_wyEd3Sc
View: https://youtu.be/HaDADp9od7I

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the news. The City of Jackson can not afford to pay for a stadium for Jackson. Because of white flight and other miscues over the years, by the City, it's tax based is greatly decreased since the 1980's. And it would not benefit Jackson to build a stadium as it would not do anything to increase revenue as it would just replace any revenue received from the current situation. However, I do believe JSU needs an on campus stadium.

I can see them under appraising the site and JSU now has to accept less which doesn't help much in building an on-campus stadium in terms of cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back