JSU Facility Renovation Update

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I'm sure the state isn't doing shat about it yet either smh

It's some finger pointing with Corps of Engineers and the state regarding who should do what and pay for it. As far as residence halls, Jones and Boley were closest to the ravines and they were torn down/in the process of being demolished (and weren't being threatened like Student Health Center/the old ROTC buildings by erosion). But currently, no major academic/residence facility is threatened.

The Corps did some erosion mitigation along the Bluff in front of the administration building and extending a little past Harding. That was done when I was in school, and now trees have grown on that rock and earth fixture they put there ...

Last edited:
@NastyD what's the completion date for the new facility? Didn't mean to derail the original intent informing of the great news from JSU but we all know that those who require attention have to be acknowledged first. lol

@NastyD what's the completion date for the new facility. Didn't mean to derail the original intent informing of the great news from JSU but we all know that those who require attention have to be acknowledged first. lol

The turf should be finished within the next few weeks. I haven't heard a deadline on the football complex. @ColdBlooded do they have a completion date for that yet. I know the locker rooms etc will be upgraded.

The turf should be finished within the next few weeks. I haven't heard a deadline on the football complex. @ColdBlooded do they have a completion date for that yet. I know the locker rooms etc will be upgraded.

Initial completion for the football complex was end of summer but it got pushed back a few months because of some things that were added. Should be ready by the end of the year for sure

With coach Prime and Ashley heading it w/ the prezo's blessing(s), I seriously expect nothing short of top-notch locker-room/respite room appeal. I'm sure it will be something great.

Did you see where FAMU renovated their locker-rooms as well? It's an arms race we collectively were late to participate in so I expect others to follow quickly.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
With coach Prime and Ashley heading it w/ the prezo's blessing(s), I seriously expect nothing short of top-notch locker-room/respite room appeal. I'm sure it will be something great.

Did you see where FAMU renovated their locker-rooms as well? It's an arms race we collectively were late to participate in so I expect others to follow quickly.

Tried to told them! The arms race has begun in Division I HBCU football ...

Yea the renderings I saw of ours..all I can say is... man lol. That thang gone be niiiccce 😆

Yea I saw fam upgrades as well. I hear gram is building an indoor practice facility. The race is definitely on.

Wait mane... smh How is one gonna' build/upgrade an athletic venue when your library has a leaky roo... ??? A few buildings are in dire straits of repai... ??? (not towards JState, but a few of the "others" who are hood-rich)

:(
Temporary sacrifice … build your athletics and money to come in for other things will fix a library, build new dorms etc… if your big three (baseball, basketball, football) are fairing well… money is there… now how it’s managed is another conversation.

Politics. Now that it’s out there, SU’s tivwr front about to look like downtown BR 😎.
That was indeed the very idea behind the exposure: to force (embarrass) the state to come up with that $32M to stop the erosion. Now, the SU riverfront will end up looking like the one in downtown BR.

Back