Jonathan Isaac Stands Without a BLM T-Shirt During the Anthem

pantherprowl

Based upon Jonathan’s below response to why he did not where a BLM T-shirt or stand during the anthem, he appears to be clueless. Does he not know the most white evangelists (who are supposedly follow the gospel are racist. The right wing media are now using this the sow division against the cause.

"For me Black lives are supported through the gospel. All lives are supported through the gospel," he said. "We all have things that we do wrong and sometimes it gets to a place that we're pointing fingers at who's wrong is worst. Or who's wrong is seen, so I feel like the Bible tells us that we all fall short of God's glory. That will help bring us closer together and get past skin color. And get past anything that's on the surface and doesn't really get into the hearts or men and women."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/us/nba-magic-national-anthem-trnd/index.html

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Number one, Jesus called this man a fool because he allowed the means by which he lived to outdistance the ends for which he lived. (Yes) You see, each of us lives in two realms, the within and the without.

I feel discouraged sometimes. Living every day under extensive criticisms, even from Negroes, I feel discouraged sometimes. [applause] Yes, sometimes I feel discouraged and feel my work’s in vain. But then the holy spirit (Yes) revives my soul again. "There is a balm in Gilead to make the wounded whole. There is a balm in Gilead to heal the sin-sick soul."

I asked my wife about this.

She's big into social justice activism and the BLM movement. She said that kneeling during the anthem has now become performative. When Kaepernick first did it, she said, "He was taking a risk. It meant something." Now, she said, kneeling has been co-opted and embraced by leagues to the point that the it's no longer an act of defiance.

As far as Brother Isaac goes, I don't ... uhhh ... *scratching my head in confusion*

I asked my wife about this.

She's big into social justice activism and the BLM movement. She said that kneeling during the anthem has now become performative. When Kaepernick first did it, she said, "He was taking a risk. It meant something." Now, she said, kneeling has been co-opted and embraced by leagues to the point that the it's no longer an act of defiance.

As far as Brother Isaac goes, I don't ... uhhh ... *scratching my head in confusion*

It got co-opted when Jerry Jones and them did it. Now it is just performance actorvism

As Bennett said, you can't say you (the NFL) are FOR social justice and making a difference but still blackballing the person who started it. Plus no one outside of Kaepernick and Reid lost anything because they took the shrapnel for kneeling. Most of the NFL players do it and then go on about their business

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I believe he is sincerely ignorant and Candace is conscientiously stupid (different ships same boat)......LOL

He follows her on Twitter (as well as other pundits like her) hence why I made the comparison. There are similarities

It got co-opted when Jerry Jones and them did it. Now it is just performance actorvism

As Bennett said, you can't say you (the NFL) are FOR social justice and making a difference but still blackballing the person who started it. Plus no one outside of Kaepernick and Reid lost anything because they took the shrapnel for kneeling. Most of the NFL players do it and then go on about their business

Preach. There is no sincerity in the act anymore. It's just a tolerated practice now. smh

Back