Jackson State vs Mississippi Valley State: Game Updates

Dude, you gonna call this one a MORAL loss too ... and y'all had the nerve to say that SU cheated Valley?

Damn defense not on the field and the stupid refs let that shat happen ...

SU Jag 79 said:
Dude, you gonna call this one a MORAL loss too ... and y'all had the nerve to say that SU cheated Valley?

Yeah, this is a moral loss. Wins against Valley don't count. We want BAMA Jelly.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SU Jag 79 said:

Well it's not the job of the refs to make Valley get on the field, it's inexcusable for a team not to be on the field for the play, thats coaching.

Late score by JSU to ice the game
JSU 31
MVSU 16

1 min left 4th qtr

SAME OLD G said:
Dude, that play could cost Totten his job at the end of the year.

Man, they can't fire Totten. They treated Dorsey like garbage trying to get Totten and most of Totten's players are Sophomores.

JaguarNation99 said:
Well it's not the job of the refs to make Valley get on the field, it's inexcusable for a team not to be on the field for the play, thats coaching.

Late score by JSU to ice the game
JSU 31
MVSU 16

1 min left 4th qtr

We just got another INT

This is the first time that we have scored 30 points in the James Bell era.

Tigerpride said:
Man, they can't fire Totten. They treated Dorsey like garbage trying to get Totten and most of Totten's players are Sophomores.

True, and his team has made obvious improvements, this is the third week they lost a winnable game. They just have to learn how to win. Granted, not having your defense on the field won't help.

Final score
JSU 31
MVSU 16

They have the players up there though ... Totten and his staff ain't worth a damn ....

They need to send his ass on and try something else.

Game Over -- JSU wins, but man, I wouldn't be asking for Bama right now. They are gonna be in a bad mood after next week.

JaguarNation99 said:
True, and his team has made obvious improvements, this is the third week they lost a winnable game. They just have to learn how to win. Granted, not having your defense on the field won't help.

Final score
JSU 31
MVSU 16

99, you could have said the same thing about J-State before this game.

They beat a team that helped them a LOT. Wish I was Jackson right now .... I know some of them beautiful J-State females will be feeling good tonight.

Well, back to SU/SDSU.

SU Jag 79 said:
They have the players up there though ... Totten and his staff ain't worth a damn ....

They need to send his ass on and try something else.

Game Over -- JSU wins, but man, I wouldn't be asking for Bama right now. They are gonna be in a bad mood after next week.

If you notice, we play up or down to our competition. We almost lost to Valley last year but then turned around and played well against the top three teams in the conference. We ran the ball all night long with freshmen and sophomores so we are still rebuilding but Bell has got to learn how to put teams away.

Tigerpride said:

I don't know about that TP. My Valley homeboy who played with Totten and Rice just told me the other day that Totten is on the hot seat and since JSU was not as strong as it used to be, that the Valley faithful pointed to the JSU and Alcorn games as almost must wins for Totten. Especially the JSU game. With the results of this game, I agree with SOG that it may have been the nail in the coffin for Satellite.

SU Jag 79 said:

*snicker* ...cute.
Play your flute today... you'll be singing a different tone next weekend...

STINGBOWL, USA!!!! :saw:

Tigerpride said:
Yeah, this is a moral loss. Wins against Valley don't count. We want BAMA Jelly.

:vomit: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aye man.... no u don't... truss me.... you dont.... :lol:

JR said:
I don't know about that TP. My Valley homeboy who played with Totten and Rice just told me the other day that Totten is on the hot seat and since JSU was not as strong as it used to be, that the Valley faithful pointed to the JSU and Alcorn games as almost must wins for Totten. Especially the JSU game. With the results of this game, I agree with SOG that it may have been the nail in the coffin for Satellite.

JR, who they gonna get at Valley?? Totten is going nowhere and there is no way that they will fire him with a Sophomore dominated team. Now, if Bell had lost tonight......... :shh:

Tigerpride said:
JR, who they gonna get at Valley?? Totten is going nowhere and there is no way that they will fire him with a Sophomore dominated team. Now, if Bell had lost tonight......... :shh:

I agree with you. But remember Valley's president is from SU.

LOL@the if Bell had lost. So are you saying he saved his job for one more week?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I need somebody to explain to me the rules regarding FG attempts. I thought once the ball was kicked, the offense gives up possession. So, when it's blocked, it would take a defensive fumble for the offense to get possession. Or, the kick is like a forward pass and you can't throw the ball (again) after it's beeen blocked.

That was the weirdest play I've ever seen and I thought the Gods were against us.

Robber said:
I need somebody to explain to me the rules regarding FG attempts. I thought once the ball was kicked, the offense gives up possession. So, when it's blocked, it would take a defensive fumble for the offense to get possession. Or, the kick is like a forward pass and you can't throw the ball (again) after it's beeen blocked.

That was the weirdest play I've ever seen and I thought the Gods were against us.
Co-sign. After that play I knew Bell was cursed. Did one of our players touch the ball after it was blocked? If they did then it was a live ball.

I'm not sure but I think that the ball has to go beyobd the line of scrimmage after it's blocked for it to be dead.

JSU/99 said:
Co-sign. After that play I knew Bell was cursed. Did one of our players touch the ball after it was blocked? If they did then it was a live ball.
No JSU player touched it after the block. The Valley holder sprinted to the ball and picked it up on a bounce. Then he turned and heaved that thang as far as he could. Straight to a Valley player.

SoloMan said:
I'm not sure but I think that the ball has to go beyobd the line of scrimmage after it's blocked for it to be dead.
So, theoretically, on a punt blocked behind the line of scrimmage, the ball can be picked up and thrown by the punting team. I know in that case they can pick it up and run with the ball, since the ball never crossed the line, but I've never seen anyone try to throw it in that situation. And that was the first pass I've ever seen attempted following a blocked FG attempt. And we blocked the crap out of the ball.

We were all saying amongst ourselves, "this is a test from God. He's testing our love for JSU." I'm going to read the Book of Job, again.

Dorsey was Valley's best coach in the past two decades....he recruited Corey Holmes but he had to sit out...the year Holmes gets eligible, Dorsey was fired and Jones gets a damn good back but does little else.

Dorsey is in Greenville coaching at the high school.

Totten is probably the dumbest coach in the SWAC. Valley had success with the run, but Totten insisted on trying to pass the ball. Aries Nelson was horrible. Every time Valley came out in the shotgun, I said a lil prayer of thanks.

Totten's brother probably deserves credit for the running success they had. And it wasn't much, basically just one dive play they ran with success all nite. That play probably accounted for 70% of their total offense. That wasn't in their playbook before this year. The last 2 years they would just spread us out in the shot gun and let the QB kill us with scrambles and quick passes. That's what we were prepared for. They couldn't do that this year.

Back