Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2020-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is with a heavy heart that we announce the home going of Shirley Middleton Blakely from complications with Alzheimers. Not only was she notable for being the first Director of the J-Settes but also had the foresight to abandon the batons and switch solely to dance. The JSU band program (J-Settes and Sonic Boom) vow to always uplift her legacy. You will forever remain immortal through your many contributions to our history.
Image may contain: 1 person, standingView attachment 10599
View attachment 10604
1973 Prancing Jaycettes

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N3DaUuNahc&feature=youtu.be

Tonight, the Sonic Boom is pleased to accept a generous $60,000.00 gift from NBA star and Jackson native, Monta Ellis!
We’re also happy to announce that a new giving site - specifically for the support of Boom – is here! Alumni, fans and friends can now show their support of specific sections, initiatives and priorities of the program. Help us #RaiseTheBar this year.

Set up recurring gifts or make a one-time contribution at https://app.mobilecause.com/vf/LuvDaBoom
THANK YOU, MONTA! #833 #LuvDaBoom
Image may contain: 1 person, text that says ' ANYBODY FROM JACKSON CAN TELL YOU WHAT THE SONIC BOOM MEANS TO OUR CITY. GROWING UP, KIDS EITHER WANNA BE J-5 DRUM MAJOR O J-SETTE. BELIEVE IN WHAT OR. LITTLE WITH THE BOOM AND DOING WANT TO DO WHATEVER CAN TO KEEP MAKING IT STRONGER AND GIVE MORE STUDENTS A CHANCE TO BE PART OF THAT LEGACY AND EARN AN EDUCATION. MONTA ELLIS STATE STATE RRIORS'

Last edited:
The band was awesome tonight on the HBCU Homecoming special. Small, super tight band brought it hard, JSettes - straight unreal!

Tonight, the Sonic Boom is pleased to accept a generous $60,000.00 gift from NBA star and Jackson native, Monta Ellis!
We’re also happy to announce that a new giving site - specifically for the support of Boom – is here! Alumni, fans and friends can now show their support of specific sections, initiatives and priorities of the program. Help us #RaiseTheBar this year.
Set up recurring gifts or make a one-time contribution at https://app.mobilecause.com/vf/LuvDaBoom
THANK YOU, MONTA! #833 #LuvDaBoom
Image may contain: 1 person, text that says ' ANYBODY FROM JACKSON CAN TELL YOU WHAT THE SONIC BOOM MEANS TO OUR CITY. GROWING UP, KIDS EITHER WANNA BE J-5 DRUM MAJOR O J-SETTE. BELIEVE IN WHAT OR. LITTLE WITH THE BOOM AND DOING WANT TO DO WHATEVER CAN TO KEEP MAKING IT STRONGER AND GIVE MORE STUDENTS A CHANCE TO BE PART OF THAT LEGACY AND EARN AN EDUCATION. MONTA ELLIS STATE STATE RRIORS'' ANYBODY FROM JACKSON CAN TELL YOU WHAT THE SONIC BOOM MEANS TO OUR CITY. GROWING UP, KIDS EITHER WANNA BE J-5 DRUM MAJOR O J-SETTE. BELIEVE IN WHAT OR. LITTLE WITH THE BOOM AND DOING WANT TO DO WHATEVER CAN TO KEEP MAKING IT STRONGER AND GIVE MORE STUDENTS A CHANCE TO BE PART OF THAT LEGACY AND EARN AN EDUCATION. MONTA ELLIS STATE STATE RRIORS'

I hope they use it to buy brand new silver instruments for the students that don't already have them. I HATE the mismatched colored instruments. That's a bad reflection on the program ... no one is going to take them seriously as long as they pretend it's OK. $60K in addition other payouts they got in the last year should be more than enough.

I hope they use it to buy brand new silver instruments for the students that don't already have them. I HATE the mismatched colored instruments. That's a bad reflection on the program ... no one is going to take them seriously as long as they pretend it's OK. $60K in addition other payouts they got in the last year should be more than enough.

speaking of instruments. We might need to donate our old instruments to the less fortunate & needy of 3rd ward. That would be an upgrade for this high school band shown below.
Are those stickers on that horn??? WTF?
PURE IGNORANCE is the perfect title.

View: https://youtu.be/mBkWlqbfu6c

speaking of instruments. We might need to donate our old instruments to the less fortunate & needy of 3rd ward. That would be an upgrade for this high school band shown below.
Are those stickers on that horn??? WTF?
PURE IGNORANCE is the perfect title.

View: https://youtu.be/mBkWlqbfu6c

Unlike you I'm not in denial. TSU band has been under questionable leadership for a while. We're looking for a new leader and hopefully soon things will look and sound like I expect from THE LARGEST SWAC SCHOOL.

Unlike you I'm not in denial. TSU band has been under questionable leadership for a while. We're looking for a new leader and hopefully soon things will look and sound like I expect from THE LARGEST SWAC SCHOOL.

Y’all been LARGE with a sorry band for a long time though. And nobody takes us serious but we’re voted & ranked as THEE Top hbcu band year after year.
Schools/Colleges from Texas to Illinois to Georgia copy & imitate the Sonic Boom. The Jsettes started a cultural revolution on a national level and are imitated to this day.
The 100s of talented musicians that audition for our band each year proves that we are taken seriously. The rejects/leftovers that end up in your band says that nobody takes TXSU serious. You need to worry about PVAMU. As long as they are doing what they are doing.... your band will be the misfit band.

Yet, you’re worried about our instruments... the same instruments that produce a symphonic sound. A sound that your band WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PRODUCE nor Match! You worried about the wrong thing sir/ma’am.

Y’all been LARGE with a sorry band for a long time though. And nobody takes us serious but we’re voted & ranked as THEE Top hbcu band year after year.
Schools/Colleges from Texas to Illinois to Georgia copy & imitate the Sonic Boom. The Jsettes started a cultural revolution on a national level and are imitated to this day.
The 100s of talented musicians that audition for our band each year proves that we are taken seriously. The rejects/leftovers that end up in your band says that nobody takes TXSU serious. You need to worry about PVAMU. As long as they are doing what they are doing.... your band will be the misfit band.

Yet, you’re worried about our instruments... the same instruments that produce a symphonic sound. A sound that your band WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PRODUCE nor Match! You worried about the wrong thing sir/ma’am.

To be fair I heard many people mention this as well. For the Da Boom to be such a prized part of the university and the Jxn community .... they should have the pure basics. Even my middle school bad all had matching instruments. Get in yo feelings all you want, I didn't lie ... it's a bad look. And I never said Da Boom sounded bad ... not sure why you going with your comments.

I can’t take no Texas southern fan serious after their former band director went on a band media platform to spill the beans and open the house doors for all to view the mess that is the ocean... boom will do what the boom needs too do ..., and the ocean will do ocean things... whatever that is.. @tsugraytiger stay in your lane sport... we got this...

To be fair I heard many people mention this as well. For the Da Boom to be such a prized part of the university and the Jxn community .... they should have the pure basics. Even my middle school bad all had matching instruments. Get in yo feelings all you want, I didn't lie ... it's a bad look. And I never said Da Boom sounded bad ... not sure why you going with your comments.

I mentioned it because with whatever instruments we have WE ARE THE BEST and we produce a sound that your band can only dream of.
you’re the only person that’s nagging about instruments. It’s like your 20th post in 12 months. Even folks from Southern... Alcorn... Etc (bands that matter) aren’t even complaining about it. It’s just you. Lol people don’t even quote you & piggy back off you because they don’t give a damn. I know the Sonic Boom means the world to you but you can STFU and go raise funds for that hood ass band in 3rd ward.
I could post pics of how raggedy the ocean looks but I won’t because I don’t care about HISD Bands.

Well damn! Lol

I can’t take no Texas southern fan serious after their former band director went on a band media platform to spill the beans and open the house doors for all to view the mess that is the ocean... boom will do what the boom needs too do ..., and the ocean will do ocean things... whatever that is.. @tsugraytiger stay in your lane sport... we got this...

I'm so glad Gip is gone .... the mess starts at the top which he was calling the shots. He was NEVER a good fit for the role and was a weak leader. Now watch as we flourish once again now he's gone.

#JSUVotes: Tigers, today is election day. Be sure your vote is counted!
💙

View: https://www.facebook.com/jsunaainc/videos/373320237193868/
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw47H9G2BzY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back