Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2018-2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Flashback Friday!

"Do Whatcha Wanna"

JSU Drum Major: Access Granted:
Jackson State University Drum Major (2007-2009) Jarred Grows from New Orleans discusses his years at JSU and marching in the University's famous marching band, the "Sonic Boom of the South"

Last edited:
Flashback Friday!

Jackson State Dog Days (2005)

CSTV brings you Sonic Boom of the South, arguably the most entertaining marching band in college sports. Jackson State University is where they lay the beat down.

Sonic Boom Marching Into The Jackson, MS Battle of The Bands 2015

Battle of the Bands 2008 Part 1

I remember - Battle of the Bands 2008 Part 2

Last edited:
Flashback Friday!

Jackson State - Honda Battle of The Bands 2016

Jackson State University Marching Band - Southern Heritage Classic Parade -2016

Sonic Boom Performing at the 6th Annual Zippity Doo Dah Parade 2016

JSU - Halftime 1986 (MSVU Game)

J-Settes, Tiara Lewis, Ashanti Smith, Morgan Jackson and the Boom are featured at the beginning of the "WHEN THE BEAT DROPS" documentary. The documentary covers the origin of "Bucking" and "J-Setting." If you have Comcast/Xfinity, grab your remote and say "When The Beat Drops" to watch the documentary.

Dancer Anthony Davis is the primary subject of the film and recalls seeing the J-Settes for the first time as a member of his school’s marching band.

“To see the grace, the dynamics, the agility of these young ladies doing things that I knew that guys were not supposed to do was just extraordinary,” Davis tells City Lights host Lois Reitzes, “and I loved it from the first day that I seen it.”

https://www.wabe.org/new-documentary-gives-bucking-dance-style-the-...

Flashback Friday!

Jackson State Marching Band at Alcorn 1978

War & Thunder performing for Day of Percussion. This is the 6th annual Day of Percussion where different percussion ensembles from Delta State, USM, Miss. St and various other schools perform. WT is putting on a clinic on how/why JSU has the kind of percussion section for the Boom.

Jackson State Halftime Show vs NC A&T 2001

JSU Marching Band have you seen her 2000

Jackson State feat. Mascot 2007

Last edited:
Flashback Friday!

JSU Halftime vs. Southern 1986 - Part 1

JSU Halftime vs. Southern 1986 - Part 2

J-Settes vs Southern 1986

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Flashback Friday!

Let's Chill - Jackson State University Marching Band 2015

Here We Go - Jackson State Marching Band 2014

You Send Me Swinging - Mint Condition | Jackson State Sonic Boom of the South (2014)

Piece of My Love - Jackson State University Marching Band 2017

JSU Bones - Something in My Heart 1.24.2009

Has there ever been talks for expanding the band room at JSU? It looks small and y’all get bigger every year.

Has there ever been talks for expanding the band room at JSU? It looks small and y’all get bigger every year.

I’m sure there has been talk about it for years. It was very noticeable in ‘15 with 320 in there, but they did it. I think the focus now is raising funds from alumni and supporters for the traveling and yearly budget... since the budget was cut back a few years ago, which included scholarships after the 16 season JSU has had to adapt and ask more. I’m sure in the near future JSU will probably either renovate the band hall or just build a new one.

I thought that little number they performed starting @6:25 was particularly tight and don't recall seeing WT perform it before!

Flashback Friday!

JSU - Halftime 1978 (Grambling Game)

Jackson State Band - Just Be A Man About It - 2000

JSU Homecoming 2009 Feat. Drake

Jackson State (2014) - Smile - HBCU Marching Bands

Jackson State University - A Change Is Gonna Come 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back