Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2018-2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Jim Hill Graduate Awarded Scholarship to Play for the Sonic Boom
Posted on June 6, 2018 by Jackson State University, Center for University-Based Development in Archives,

Walter Crockett III is a 2018 graduate of Jim Hill High School. Walter received academic honors each nine weeks of his senior year earning him scholarship offers to several universities.

In addition to being a scholar, Walter was voted the MVP of the 2018 varsity baseball team serving his team as pitcher and first baseman.

As a leader in the student government, he was voted “Most likely to become President” by his teachers and peers.

However, it was his musical talent in Jim Hill’s Band of Distinction that landed him a full scholarship and a place as a tenor saxophonist in the Sonic Boom of the South. He will attend Jackson State University in the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.

Walter is majoring in Biology, and his ultimate goal is to attend medical school at either Xavier University or University of California San Francisco.

Jim Hill Graduate Awarded Scholarship to Play for the Sonic Boom

I fully expect JSU to close their gap on SU this season with Haymer being gone.If not now, then yall will never surpass SU.

I fully expect JSU to close their gap on SU this season with Haymer being gone.If not now, then yall will never surpass SU.
How can you close the gap when the experts say JSU's ahead? Heck, The BOOM already owns Dr. Jackson any how.
It's Bama State who can close the gap on southern since Haymer's gone and you might not be able to do that.

How can you close the gap when the experts say JSU's ahead? Heck, The BOOM already owns Dr. Jackson any how.
It's Bama State who can close the gap on southern since Haymer's gone and you might not be able to do that.

This has nothing to do with ASU. We are discussing SU and JSU...JSU didnt own Dr.Jackson but it was a close battle until Haymer took over and just lapped yall. And who says JSU is ahead? lmao

I actually like JSU but yall arent better than SU. This is yall's year to pass them,

This has nothing to do with ASU. We are discussing SU and JSU...JSU didnt own Dr.Jackson but it was a close battle until Haymer took over and just lapped yall. And who says JSU is ahead? lmao

I actually like JSU but yall arent better than SU. This is yall's year to pass them,
With you, a hornet sucking up to another school other than your own says that it has something to do with Bama State.
You're entitled to your opinion, even if it is seriously flawed.

With you, a hornet sucking up to another school other than your own says that it has something to do with Bama State.
You're entitled to your opinion, even if it is seriously flawed.

Im a realest. ASU had a couple down years, but with the smaller band we had last season, things are starting to turn around and we'll be back up top again.
Jackson has always been 2nd or 3rd best in the SWAC with us, SU, or TxSU taking the top or #2 spot.

JSU had a really good season last fall band wise and if they can continue to build off that and catch SU slipping under new direction, yall might be tops till we can return to the throne.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That’s a lie. JSU & SU has always been top dawgs.

Dude, I know now you're delusional. Hahahaha!!! Is Bama State in the NCAA hall of fame? Hell to the naw!! Not even close.

The “real” world huh? LMFAOOOOOO

ASU gets more love from the high school kids and more kids want to march with us than the Boom. Yall got a nice lil band but outside of Mississippi nobody really checking for yall except for the drum majors. In GA, high school kids still wish to march with us, FAMU and Cookman. Yall dont even have a footprint in the biggest and best talent area in the country! There are tons of ASU, FAMU and BCU alumni teaching here but you rarely see a JSU influenced band! just facts

I havent even been keeping up with band world in a few years cause everyone has fallen off to me, but I just looked at clips from the JSU-ASU game this past season and we shitted on yall.

....I havent even been keeping up with band world in a few years cause everyone has fallen off to me, but I just looked at clips from the JSU-ASU game this past season and we shitted on yall.
FINALLY...the truth comes out. You acted like you were a band expert and come to find out you don't even keep up with band news?! Come on man!!

No... we owned Jackson. The only year they came close was 2012 but Taylor hit them with a smooth drill...

ASU gets more love from the high school kids and more kids want to march with us than the Boom. Yall got a nice lil band but outside of Mississippi nobody really checking for yall except for the drum majors. In GA, high school kids still wish to march with us, FAMU and Cookman. Yall dont even have a footprint in the biggest and best talent area in the country! There are tons of ASU, FAMU and BCU alumni teaching here but you rarely see a JSU influenced band! just facts

I havent even been keeping up with band world in a few years cause everyone has fallen off to me, but I just looked at clips from the JSU-ASU game this past season and we shitted on yall.

Its plenty of JSU influenced bands in ATL. smh NAME ONE influenced by BAMA State? BAMA State is influenced by FAMU so go have a seat.

If the Stingettes weren’t apart of the band, ASU would not even be noticed.

Really bruh? JSU got in SU's azz twice last year... starting in New Orleans.
man please SU came to Jackson last season and sent yall home with your tail between your legs

No... we owned Jackson. The only year they came close was 2012 but Taylor hit them with a smooth drill...

lmao
SU been busting JSU ass for damn near 30 years!

Its plenty of JSU influenced bands in ATL. smh NAME ONE influenced by BAMA State? BAMA State is influenced by FAMU so go have a seat.

plenty of ASU educated directors in Fulton and Clayton . We are influenced by NOBODY! we have our OWN style and traditions unlike JSU who copied their marching style and everything else from Alcorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back