J-Sette/Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i'm actually back in my hometown (Houston, Texas) and i'm at Texas Southern. I don't dance for them but ya know, its cool. I'm gonna always love SU but ya know, a person can only take so much from people. I basically had a choice to make, whether to stay and be in the same state I was in, or leave and come home, but sacrifice the squad which I loved being on. I guess the end result was that I needed to come home. It worked out for the best because i'm really happy home. I guess I needed to get away to realize how much I loved being here.Plus, things like fighting aren't supposed to happen in college. we are supposed to be responsible,sane adults. I thought we were supposed to make the most of our freedom away while furthering our education. But some people just totally disregard that theory. Basically i just wanted to dance, and go to school. It ain't happen like that though. But on another note, I didn't want to come off all extra angry or anything but I do appreciate the fact that ya'll understand what i'm saying. I've seen the J-settes and they are good at what they do. Whatever they are doing down there in Jackson is working for them because folks seem to love them. My thing is, different doesn't mean wrong. Just because the Dolls are more technical performers doesn't make them any less of a squad. Not that there is anything wrong, but must you always shake what yo mama gave ya to be considered good? If you ask me, I think its all about being different, stepping out of the norm, and re-invented the same dance style year after year. Put it like this, if the Dolls weren't a great dance team then these kinds of topics would never be made. There are several other dance teams in the swac that no one ever really talks about and there is a reason for that. Just a thought. :)

DOLL'02

DOLL'02 Its good that your in school I can really respect that speaking as a former marching band member and college student. Since I've graduated 02' Life is much better with my degree I have a great job in Pharmaceutical Sales and I make good money. I'm sadden though that you weren't able to really enjoy being a Dancing Doll I'm sure there are some benefits that you would've liked to have. And also if you really analyze the J-SETTES they only do a couple of "shake what your moma gave you" moves and thats the famous "JSU we rock the house" and the dance move they incorporate in some of there routines that will make you say WOW. Not to DIGRESS I took my father who is in his early 50's to a Jsu game and he was like "WOW those girls are off the chain" He also said when he was in college in GRAD school that the J-SETTES were good then as well!!!:eek:

AND Jaquar05 be VERY careful, I'm a little more tactful than some of these peeps on here, some people would cut into you something serious not having any college credits and all, SOME WOULD SAY YOU DONT HAVE ANY SWAC OR COLLEGE CREDITS SO YOU DONT HAVE A VOICE which is something you will hear when you get to "SOUTHERN" I hope that you do get into Southern's band if thats your goal, but I hope you know theres no GUARANTEE!!!!!!!! THings arent' always what they seem from the outside and when you get to camp and your treated like sh*% you will see things much differently.

DOLL'02 Stay BEAUTIFUL baby I know your a tight sista and make sure you graduate, I'm happy that you had the intellect to get into school somewhere, so many of us dont realize how IMPORTANT a COLLEGE education is DONT Let NOONE fool you because you need it on the real....But maybe try out for a NBA team or NFL team squad dont waste your TALENT on the real!!!!
:eek: :eek:

I feel ya Cnet1. Anybody else would just ig the L outta me but I just felt I had to say something. I'm not going to be in Southern's band, well at least not anymore. It was a childhood goal but something went wrong somewhere down the road......long story......brings back too many memories......:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: but anyway, I see that you are a bit more tactful than most and I appreciate it and now I respect you for that reason. Oh and please believe me when I say that I know everything isn't as it seems at SU but I look at it like this; its like that everywhere, so I'm not running from it. I'm trying to prepare myself both mentally and physically for the college experience in its entirety. Besides the advice that I will ask for from time to time, If there is ANY advice that you(cnet1) or anyone else has for me please fill me in because every little bit helps and everybody needs help along the way. ;) This thread just turned into a good thing for me. Preciate ya input, Doll02. I think you are sooooo smart!!!:D

ADVICE

Just stay focused on what your goals are and have a plan a 5 year plan where do you see yourself in 5 years and write it out step by step for example
1st I want to be enrolled Fulltime next fall in college,
2nd I want to maintain a 4.0 average in college
3rd, Dont hang around dumb a** people there is no reason that you shouldn't graduate in the next 4-5 years no reason at all if you hang around dumb people you will begin to act DUMB stay positive all the time and no that NOTHING WORTH HAVING IS GOING TO BE EASY!!!!!!!!! DUMB=people who get wrapped up in things that dont have anything to do with completion of you education such as SEX, which can lead to babies etc, Drugs which can lead to addiction and other issues that you dont want in your environment. Man as a black man Myself I can truly tell you that you have to stay focused and know that being intelligent and making good grades doesn't make you soft or weak or what ever you can do it be strong and make sure you study for your finals coming up you still have to complete your high school diploma!!!!

OPINION

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D I THINK THAT THE DOLLS WERE HAVING A BAD NIGHT, AND THE SETTES HAVE BAD NIGHTS TOO. ONE THING THAT I CAN AGREE ON IS THAT BOTH DANCE LINES ARE STACKED FROM HEAD TO TOE. THE DANCING DOLLS ARE GORGEOUS. MY FAVORITE J-SETTES ARE THE FIRST TWO THAT MARCH IN BEHIND THE CAPTAIN, THE CAPTAIN, THE GIRL THAT IS THE LIGHTEST ONE ON THE LINE, AND DOOBIE, I THINK THAT IS HER NAME( NO OFFENSE):lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back