J-Sette/Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-bonenupe

I have read on many post about the Dolls and the J-Settes. Teh J-Settes were on point as soon as they stepped off the bus. THey J-Settes danced the whole game. The Dolls tried to dance at halftime and then did not dance at all in the stands for the 3rd, 4th, or 5th quarters. The J-Settes are untouchable this year. What do you think?

For some strange reason FAMU comes to mind in that they do not have any dance-girls, yet the band is still respected for the type of show that has become their own. If the J-settes do have the Dolls this year, then so be it. To me, how well a Doll shakes her azz has nothing to do with the inbred hate of the band sitting across from me and my peers.

Yeah...Dolls are just a small aspect of our show. Just like the DM backbend, the first drill, the second drill, then the Dolls and then dance routine. It all comes together in the end.

I don't understand that no dancing in the stands. That's when they are supposed to work it.

Originally posted by Mom-E
For some strange reason FAMU comes to mind in that they do not have any dance-girls, yet the band is still respected for the type of show that has become their own. If the J-settes do have the Dolls this year, then so be it. To me, how well a Doll shakes her azz has nothing to do with the inbred hate of the band sitting across from me and my peers.

I don't think tbonenupe was talking about the SU band as a whole or even the JSU vs. SU matchup as a whole. I think he is strictly pointing out the Jsette - Doll matchup. Everyone knows both bands did well. And I don't think this post was about hate for SU.

:confused:

Maybe I should've said..."Yes, the J-settes are untouchable this year." But I don't believe that the majority of the band is thinking, "Dayum, I hope the J-settes don't get us again this year." That was my whole point. C'est La Vie.

Maybe I should've said..."Yes, the J-settes are untouchable this year." But I don't believe that the majority of the band is thinking, "Dayum, I hope the J-settes don't get us again this year." That was my whole point. C'est La Vie.
Don't worry about it. Comparing DD's and J-Cettes is a JSt. thing.

I LIKED TO SAY THAT THE DOLLS AREN'T THE DOLLS OF THE PAST FEW YEARS, BUT THE J-SETTES WEREN'T ON FIRE THE LAST FEW YEARS EITHER. THIS YEAR IS THE J-SETTES YEAR. I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL BANDS THIS YEAR AND BY FAR THEY ARE THE BEST THIS YEAR. IN DEFENSE OF THE DOLLS THE BEST GIRLS WERE NOT PICKED THIS YEAR. IN PAST FIVE YEARS THE DOLLS WERE ALWAYS AMONG THE TOP DANCE LINES IN THE COUNTRY. YOU CAN EXPECT A DOWN YEAR EVERY NOW A THEN. SOME OF THIS IS BECAUSE OF YOU KNOW WHO!!!!!

Originally posted by GREYSKULL89
I LIKED TO SAY THAT THE DOLLS AREN'T THE DOLLS OF THE PAST FEW YEARS, BUT THE J-SETTES WEREN'T ON FIRE THE LAST FEW YEARS EITHER. THIS YEAR IS THE J-SETTES YEAR. I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL BANDS THIS YEAR AND BY FAR THEY ARE THE BEST THIS YEAR. IN DEFENSE OF THE DOLLS THE BEST GIRLS WERE NOT PICKED THIS YEAR. IN PAST FIVE YEARS THE DOLLS WERE ALWAYS AMONG THE TOP DANCE LINES IN THE COUNTRY. YOU CAN EXPECT A DOWN YEAR EVERY NOW A THEN. SOME OF THIS IS BECAUSE OF YOU KNOW WHO!!!!!

Shidd all of it is because of you know who. How could he do so well just a few years back in '96(Kiki, Monique, Felicia, Shawn, Michelle, Katrina) and do so not well now. By that I mean not up to our extremely high standards. Second best sucks.

I was not talking about the bands. Both band did great. I was just taking the the J-Sette/Doll portion of the show out.

What's up with the Dolls only have six girls now? I liked them when they used to have at least 9 on the squad like back in 98. At the JSU/SU, there were only 5 so they didn't even look like a dance team. Plus, they really can't dance that well this year. I think that the J-Settes are definitely the best this year. And for those who have seen the Dancin Divas should agree that they are number 2.

Originally posted by Bulldog Fan
At the JSU/SU, there were only 5 so they didn't even look like a dance team. Plus, they really can't dance that well this year. I think that the J-Settes are definitely the best this year. And for those who have seen the Dancin Divas should agree that they are number 2.

You do remember the Dolls out-housing the Divas for our homecoming right? Oh, and those uniforms the Divas were wearing...looked mighty SUspect.

Just because their routine wasn't up to old DD standards doesn't mean you jump to such conclusions.

It's probably because it was SU's homecoming. Of course your fans are going to show more love. That doesn't mean that the Dolls are better

Yall talk about the Jaycettes and the dancing dolls but thats not where the greatness lies......A real woman has to be precious a real woman has to be beautiful a real woman has to be something of substance a real woman is an ASU Golden Girl.......See for yourself tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I hate people who dont tell the truth

Man theres no such thing as a BAD J-SETTE YEAR.

The J-settes have been firing the Dolls up for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS, The J-settes are an instutution do you know what those females have to go through to be a J-sette and the constant pruning. Audition: Body cuts

When you go to a game and sit close enough to the J-settes the energy is like WOW and there field routines are like Wow.

1999- SWAC Championship, THEY STRAIGHT TORE THE DOLLS OFF THE FIELD.

2000-SWOOP, Should I say more

Honesty the J-settes are powerful dancers who dont just shake there AZZ. They will FIRE any Squad Up anyday on the real if you just would be honest

THE DOLLS WILL DO THE SAME ROUTINE WEEK END AND WEEK OUT CAN WE SAY CHANGE UP OR SUNTIN. AND THERE CONSISTENTLY REPEAT ROUTINES.

OH I MISS THE CAPTAIN FROM A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, QUITA SHE WAS THAT FIRE on the REAL!!!

:redhot: :eek2:

I have to agree with Clarinet1 on this one! The Dancing Dolls do repeat routines constantly! I know I've seen that "I'm real" routine like a million times. They did it this year and I remember them doing it last year! What's up with that? It's okay to repeat every now and then, but damn! Do something different sometimes!

Sexy Settes all the way! I Love em!:love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :tup: :nod: :nod: :bowdown: :licky: :licky: :sperm: :nod2: :hat: :jump: :ebrow:

It's probably because it was SU's homecoming. Of course your fans are going to show more love. That doesn't mean that the Dolls are better

Keep in mind the Divas had on Dolls suits. The Dolls are in a longer time frame of better dancing than the Divas. I want you to do better than that.

The Doll's suits??? Nikka please. You're talking like the Dolls when in their wardrobe and gave the Divas one of their outfits. Their outfits might look similar, but it's not the DOLL'S outfits.

The Doll's suits??? Nikka please. You're talking like the Dolls when in their wardrobe and gave the Divas one of their outfits. Their outfits might look similar, but it's not the DOLL'S outfits.

Still you don't dispute the fact that the Divas have nothing on the Dolls.

i dont think the jsettes can miss with the dolls , the su dolls has been the classiest in the swac andl always well be!

holla back,
HOT BOI:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :idea: :bawling:

What's up with the Dolls only have six girls now? I liked them when they used to have at least 9 on the squad like back in 98. At the JSU/SU, there were only 5 so they didn't even look like a dance team. Plus, they really can't dance that well this year.
This gets my vote for the "dumbest thing on this thread" award.

You've basically said....because the DD's were 5 deep....they can't dance. :smh:.....so, I guess if the DD's were 20 deep.....they'd automatically get the nod every week, huh?

Some folks logic, when it comes to bands (and everything in and around bands), truly baffles me sometimes.

Originally posted by su_drummer
i dont think the jsettes can miss with the dolls , the su dolls has been the classiest in the swac andl always well be!

The Dolls are some classy-looking young ladies...
But the J-Settes ROCK!!!!! :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back