It's hard to beat "boomer sooner" homecooking @ their place man!

Panther88

Banned
We could've kicked the living daylights out of OU. Homecourt cooking is a mofo. I swear to you, RR was just STANDING and ol' boy (#34 big clumsy-boy) jumped into him and they called a foul on RR. On RR's final foul, he was rebounding and a guy LITERALLY had his arm. He SWUNG the same captive arm to get ol' boy off of his arm during a rebound. RR is dayam near 280 lbs, so, if you a buck-fiddy, you're gonna' do a superman impersonation (fly). Ol' boy from OU flew. The CLOSEST ref called a foul on the OU player. The crowd started boo'ing and threw a temper tantrum (along w/ Kelvin's arse LOL) and the refs had a conference. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwww isht!!!!!! LOL Here we go w/ THIS mess. They ADDED a "flagrant" foul to RR and that was his FIFTH and bam! Out of the game. Our 2nd big-man fouled out a few minutes later. <b>That's when OU made their <u>run</u></b>. :shame: Our center @ that point was a forward. :smh:

Don't let the final score fool you; nor don't let Hollis Price's points (which over half came w/ just under 2:54 to play) fool you either! OU had their STARTING 5 out on the floor w/ just over 1 minute to play while we'd cleared our bench. They made that "serious" :rolleyes: run w/ just under 2 mins to go in the game w/ their starting 5. :emlaugh: Hollis scored only 3 points from the start of the game until about mid-way through the 2nd half. All-American shut down! LOL

Those boomer sooners DID NOT know where PV was when we got there. They certainly made it a point to find out where it was before most of us PVers left. LOL :D Based on what I saw (no smack), mail the SWAC trophy to PV. The coach that we have is da'bombino and has the guys playing <b>good</b> team ball. Mind you, our "full" team isn't due to arrive until January, so..... :smh: @ the rest of the SWAC.

This won't be pretty folx. AAMU, AlaSU, AlcSU, and TxSU are our only oppenents this fall.

From ESPN.COM

Prairie View makes it close against Oklahoma

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECAP | BOX SCORE | GAME LOG
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- Given a chance to redeem himself, Hollis Price came through for No. 8 Oklahoma.

Price scored 13 of Oklahoma's final 18 points Saturday night, leading the Sooners to a 75-63 victory over Prairie View A&M in a game that left winning coach Kelvin Sampson seething.

''I thought the toughest team, the best-coached team, the team that played like the game was really important to them, was Prairie View,'' Sampson said.

The Panthers, with just eight scholarship players, used a 9-0 run at the start of the second half to take a 40-38 lead and stayed within a basket or two most of the rest of the way before the Sooners (3-1) finally broke away in the closing minutes.

<b>Prairie View shot 53 percent, but was outrebounded 50-25. Their two biggest players, Chris Garwood and Roderick Riely, each fouled out.</b> <font color=red>If we don't stay healthy, we won't be a formidable force! We're a totally different team w/out those two.</font>

''They wore us down, obviously, pounding the boards,'' coach Jerome Francis Jr. said. ''We're trying to establish a new perception, a new image of Panther basketball, and we've got a lot of basketball to play.''

Ebi Ere, who along with Price scored 16 points, had two baskets and an assist during a 9-0 run that gave the Sooners a 55-48 lead with 8:42 left. But Prairie View rallied, with a free throw and basket by Malachi Thurston and a jumper by Gregory Burks making the score 55-53.

It was a 57-54 lead when Price returned with about seven minutes left. He promptly scored on a baseline drive, then hit a 3-pointer in transition for a 62-54 advantage.

With the score 63-58, Oklahoma went on a 12-2 run that included two 3-pointers and a follow shot by Price.

''I just wanted to help my team,'' Price said. ''I knew I wasn't playing good. Coach made a decision to sit me down, and once I got in I had something to prove.''

Price wound up 6-of-14 from the field after going 1-for-7 in the first half. Ere was 8-of-20. Point guard Quannas White was 0-of-10.

Sampson said the Sooners, who reached the Final Four a year ago, ''remind me of fat cats. They've got pretty good lives right now, they're kind of satisfied with what's going on and their play.''

He clearly was not.

''I didn't like our defense. I didn't like our guard play,'' Sampson said. ''We've got to get better in every area. We've got to get a lot more focused on what we're doing.''

Thurston scored 16 points and Burks 15 for Prairie View.

Jabahri Brown grabbed 13 rebounds for Oklahoma, and Kevin Bookout and Ere had eight each.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Oh yeah, if Cooper, Thurston, Riley, and Burks do not receive all-SWAC recog @ the end of the year, well.... :smh:mad: The SWAC.

Thurston shall be newcomer of the year. I know USC is seething. LOL

So you went to see them up there in OK?

They are playing team ball and Francis got them believing. Look at the win over UH last week and a close game against a top ten opponent. Just wait till we get TAMU next sat. They will hit the road from there until mid Jan and they will be seasoned vets ready for SWAC play.

remember we lost a 6-9 freshman recruit to Miami after he signed with us, he would have helped. The other 6-8 kid should be back after the break. We had a tough 6-5 kid who would have helped but he vanished mysteriosly.

I hate to jump ahead but I already see we will have to go out and get big guys next year. We will have to replace Burks also but guards are easier to find than a tough 6-9 kid who can rebound.

as for this year, if we are the SWAC's ninth best team according to the polls, than I hate to see the other eight ahead of us. :rolleyes:

Good job PV.

I think the SWAC is going to much improved this year. Obviously the preseason picks are off mark. PV, TXSU, and I think even ole SU are all going to much better than last year. Miss Valley looks like they may make some noise. Alcorn we already know will be good. Bama State and AAMU will be tough. The only team I have not heard much about is JSU. Stoglin is in the last year of his contract and he has to produce or else he is gone. So I expect JSU to be tough as well. I hope all these close games and wins mean the SWAC is back. I am encouraged at what I am hearing. Good luck to PV versus A&M.

I know we will lose a lot of the $$$ games but we have to win against teams on our level. We have to defeat the Jacksonville States, SW Texas', the Lamars, etc.

Alcorn got a big win but turned around and lose to Jacksonville State.

Alabama State loses to a bad FAMU team and UAPB still sucks and looks to be stronger than their football team or the second straight year.

one more A$$whippin game for AAMU and I think we can compete with everybody else. I still expect Mississippi State to beat AAMU by about 40. After that we have two MEAC teams, MO B and SSU left on our non conferencee schedule. I still got mixed reviews about AAMU's team. I saw them give up a 20 point lead against Skegee with 10 minutes left in the first half. Pettaway doesnt stress blowin out teams like he did back in the SIAC days when we use to win by 40. He CLAIMS he now sees how it feels when we are on the other side of the lopsided defeat. We still dont have a big man. I am already looking foward to next year when Mike Ford is eligible and Mike Davis comes back to Da Hill. We picked up Mike Ford on a PRAYER. He had committed to University of Memphis, but got homesick while attended one of the nations top basketball prep school in Boston). He came home and enrolled at AAMU the second week of school and is practicing with the men's squad. He is a partial qualifier (had grades but not the ACT score) so he can practice but cant play till next year. HE DOMINATES PRACTICE and is TWO times better than any player on AAMU team.

I cant judge this team until about 3 more weeks... Looks like PV is STRONG. They scare me more than any other team in the SWAC. I love watching PV play. Hopefully Pettaway still has their number. Good Luck on the rest of your season UNTIL you play the dawgs. lol

Prairie View Makes it close against Oklahoma

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- Given a chance to redeem himself, Hollis Price came through for No. 8 Oklahoma.

Price scored 13 of Oklahoma's final 18 points Saturday night, leading the Sooners to a 75-63 victory over Prairie View A&M in a game that left winning coach Kelvin Sampson seething.

''I thought the toughest team, the best-coached team, the team that played like the game was really important to them, was Prairie View,'' Sampson said.

The Panthers, with just eight scholarship players, used a 9-0 run at the start of the second half to take a 40-38 lead and stayed within a basket or two most of the rest of the way before the Sooners (3-1) finally broke away in the closing minutes.

Prairie View shot 53 percent, but was outrebounded 50-25. Their two biggest players, Chris Garwood and Roderick Riely, each fouled out.

''They wore us down, obviously, pounding the boards,'' coach Jerome Francis Jr. said. ''We're trying to establish a new perception, a new image of Panther basketball, and we've got a lot of basketball to play.''

Ebi Ere, who along with Price scored 16 points, had two baskets and an assist during a 9-0 run that gave the Sooners a 55-48 lead with 8:42 left. But Prairie View rallied, with a free throw and basket by Malachi Thurston and a jumper by Gregory Burks making the score 55-53.

It was a 57-54 lead when Price returned with about seven minutes left. He promptly scored on a baseline drive, then hit a 3-pointer in transition for a 62-54 advantage.

With the score 63-58, Oklahoma went on a 12-2 run that included two 3-pointers and a follow shot by Price.

''I just wanted to help my team,'' Price said. ''I knew I wasn't playing good. Coach made a decision to sit me down, and once I got in I had something to prove.''

Price wound up 6-of-14 from the field after going 1-for-7 in the first half. Ere was 8-of-20. Point guard Quannas White was 0-of-10.

Sampson said the Sooners, who reached the Final Four a year ago, ''remind me of fat cats. They've got pretty good lives right now, they're kind of satisfied with what's going on and their play.''

He clearly was not.

''I didn't like our defense. I didn't like our guard play,'' Sampson said. ''We've got to get better in every area. We've got to get a lot more focused on what we're doing.''

Thurston scored 16 points and Burks 15 for Prairie View.

Jabahri Brown grabbed 13 rebounds for Oklahoma, and Kevin Bookout and Ere had eight each.

Yep Fiyah. Me and pantherprowl (and some others) made the trip. Too close to Dallas not to attend. Also, we'll be there to witness our beatdown of texas a&m next weekend!

I tried calling you to give you some scores as the game wore on. Believe me bruh, the game was VERY CLOSE until our big men fouled out (and we were STILL in the game @ that point). OU amazed me keeping their starting 5 in the game w/ only 20-30 seconds to go (they were up by 11 or so I think at that point). Francis had cleared our bench w/ about 1:34 to go in the game (concession) and Sampson didn't do likewise. Hollis Price got 2 3s in the game @ that point (stat building I'm sure). Attempted to make the victory look that much "better" I assume. :shame: on OU.

At any rate, we'll do well in the SWAC this fall. The kids believe and know Mr. Francis system. I guess that it also doesn't hurt to have an asst coach who played on those natl' champ teams of univArkansas from back in the day either! LOL

Blu, I heard about the 6-8 kid who can "jump out of the dome" LOL joining in Jan along w/ 2 others who also add mad skillz. Man, I'd really hate to see Francis leave us. :( We finally have (and actually had when Elwood was there) Div I talent coupled w/ a Div I coaching staff! :tup:

Lastly, Tulsa BACKED out of their game w/ us! LOL They are officially off of our schedule! ROTF :lmao: Scary sonz-a-britches! :shame: They're currently ranked #24 in the natl' poll. I would've LOVED to seen us play them and win. :tup:

Lastly, Tulsa BACKED out of their game w/ us! LOL They are officially off of our schedule! ROTF :lmao: Scary sonz-a-britches! :shame: They're currently ranked #24 in the natl' poll. I would've LOVED to seen us play them and win. :tup: [/B]

how did you hear about that?

Originally posted by Panthro
Yep Fiyah. Me and pantherprowl (and some others) made the trip. Too close to Dallas not to attend. Also, we'll be there to witness our beatdown of texas a&m next weekend!

I tried calling you to give you some scores as the game wore on. Believe me bruh, the game was VERY CLOSE until our big men fouled out (and we were STILL in the game @ that point). . :tup:

I was listening to the internet broadcast of the game and they were saying the same thing. Some strange calls on our team when were up down the stretch. That technical call on Riley was ridiculous and that hurt us, along with the other big man fouling out right after that. Home court advantage, could you imagine us winning that game and then winning against TAMU on sat.......TAMU looked pretty good themselves yesterday.

Texas A&M Next Week - Lets Do This

Panthro, Don't know if I know you but I definitely thinking about flying down to the PV / Tex A&M game. Will the students show up. I know not last year but the year before I flew down for an Alcorn State game and the dome was like Banks library. No passion. Man we need to fill up the dome like it is a TSU game and give the Aggies a piece of our foot as we kick them back up the highway. I do not like A&M. Also if we win it bodes well for our RPI since they beat LSU who PV plays later in the season.

I should have made that trip down to OU but a 5 hr road trip from KC by myself was kind of tight just coming back from vacation.

I am also thinking about making the roadtrip to Southern since I have a hive of relatives in Baton Rouge.

Also heard A&M wanted out of TV because they were afraid of the loss. Don't know if I believe that, but this is what I heard.

As far Francis, the way to keep him will be to build the program with financial backing, i.e. $$$$$

KCPVPanther
PV 87-92
Class of 92
"When the Hill was nothing nice"

Re: Texas A&M Next Week - Lets Do This

Originally posted by KCPVPanther
I know not last year but the year before I flew down for an Alcorn State game and the dome was like Banks library. No passion. I do not like A&M. Also if we win it bodes well for our RPI since they beat LSU who PV plays later in the season.

I went to that game versus Alcorn too !! unfortunately the game was played during XMAS break that is the reason for the low turnout !!!! Even though this is the 1st ever PV basketball day game that I will attend I think it would be ok!!

luckily, our home games fall when kids are at school this season. When we play ASU and SU, it'll be early Jan. and they'll be the ones without the crowd.

our first game of the 2nd semester is on jan. 11 against tsu.

Dahill, I'll be able to see aamu this weekend. The lack of big men is a problem we have also.

even though we played OU tough I want to see how we fare against the rest of the competiton. I can't predict swac title yet because things can happen.

Panthro, the 6-8 kid who can jump played last year.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Texas A&M Next Week - Lets Do This

Originally posted by KCPVPanther

As far Francis, the way to keep him will be to build the program with financial backing, i.e. $$$$$

I agree 100%.

Originally posted by Blu Panther
luckily, our home games fall when kids are at school this season. When we play ASU and SU, it'll be early Jan. and they'll be the ones without the crowd.

our first game of the 2nd semester is on jan. 11 against tsu.

Dahill, I'll be able to see aamu this weekend. The lack of big men is a problem we have also.

even though we played OU tough I want to see how we fare against the rest of the competiton. I can't predict swac title yet because things can happen.

Panthro, the 6-8 kid who can jump played last year.

are you going to Bham for the Heritage Classic (I believe that is the name of it). I just may make that trip to Bham. Do you know how much tickets are?

Back