It's Basketball Season

I'll be in Waco this weekend for this game.

Don't forget it'll be on ESPN 2. Tip off is at 8:00 p.m.

We have an exhibition game tonight against the Nashville All Stars... its a group of former college players that are all from Nashville... Last year when they played Tenn State, Desmond Cambrige lit up TSU for about 40. Hopefully he aint playin this year lol.

Day and time? Too close for me not to attend.

ps
Wear your bullet proof armour up in that piece. :rolleyes: Y'all know how them peeps are in Wacko. :(

Originally posted by DAHILL
We have an exhibition game tonight against the Nashville All Stars... its a group of former college players that are all from Nashville... Last year when they played Tenn State, Desmond Cambrige lit up TSU for about 40. Hopefully he aint playin this year lol.

Tonight... AAMU put on one of their most explosive performances that I have seen since the SIAC days. This team has the potential to be VERY DANGEROUS. They go after the ball on defense and if you dont have no super tight guard then there will be turnovers all night. They basically shut down Desmond Cambrige tonite. He got his steals (thats a given) but he was forced into so many turnovers that it was pitiful. This is the SAME EXACT Nashville All Stars team that beat both AAMU us and a lot of D1 teams in pre season last year. It consist of former players from the Tennessee area. ( Vanderbilt, MTSU, UT, Austin Peay, TSU, etc) AAMU won 122-80 tonight. This years team has so much potential that it is scary.

C-LeB28,

I will probably make it down from Dallas and head home to Waco to catch this game. Where are you all planning to seat? Any particular seating section I should ask for? Hope to catch-up with you all.

TSU may get a break if these two are still sitting...

Associated Press
WACO, Texas -- Baylor played its second exhibition game Wednesday night without Corey Herring and Harvey Thomas, who still have not been cleared to play by a university compliance investigation committee.

The committee is looking into possible NCAA rules violations. Herring and Thomas also sat out the first exhibition game Nov. 4, leaving the Bears and new coach Scott Drew with just six scholarship players in uniform.

The Bears' next game is their season opener Nov. 22 at home against Texas Southern.

Baylor placed itself on a two-year probation this summer and will not play in the Big 12 tournament or any other postseason events this season. The probation followed a school inquiry that began after the disappearance and death of player Patrick Dennehy. Former player Carlton Dotson is charged with the murder and is jailed in Waco.

Former coach Dave Bliss was found to be directly involved in paying tuition costs and other expenses for Dennehy and another player. The other player hasn't been named.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
C-LeB28,

Where are you all planning to seat? Any particular seating section I should ask for? Hope to catch-up with you all.

Give me a call on my cell phone and we'll talk specifics then.

Back