It's a Double Double

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
thumb.1017039120.oscars_xhol407.jpg

Halle Berry and Denzel Washington wins the Best Actress and BEst Actor award for 2002.....

A first for all ages to see.

Great! Halle Berry was quite emotional, and Denzel had a more reserved approach. Nevertheless, this is a great evening for African Americans in finally getting the recognition so many have deserved. I guess I'll wash my face now.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
THIS IS GOOD TO SEE. I WISH THERE WERE MORE BLACK ACTRESSES AND BETTER ROLES.

DENZELS AWARD IS LONG OVER DUE, THIS SHOULD BE HIS SECOND FOR BEST ACTOR, HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT FOR MALCOLM X AND EVEN HURRICANE.

SIDNEY PORTIER IS A COOL CHARACTER. HE GOT AN HONORARY ONE.

I am glad Denzel finally won for best actor, but I am expecially happy for Halle Berry. I mean rolls like that for Black actresses comes along almost once in a lifetime. But what I think was really classy on Halle's part was when she said that "this moment was so much bigger than her." And then she goes on to say that, this was also for Lena Horne, Diahanne Carroll, Dorothy Drandridge, Angela Bassett, etc.

CONGRATS TO BOTH BERRY AND WASHINGTON!!!

:D :tup: :D :tup:

I want live in a world where I am judge by the content of my character and not the color of my skin....

Halle moved me to tears!

When DENZEL won, you might have thought the SAINTS had won the Superbowl--the cheering was soooooooooo loud considering there were two peopl in my house!

P.S. Denzel's awards were so long overdue! This should be, in my opinon, his third best performance... Malcome X, HURRICANE, and nowwwwww....:D

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
P.S. Denzel's awards were so long overdue! This should be, in my opinon, his third best performance... Malcome X, HURRICANE, and nowwwwww....:D

I think that he should have received an award for "Glory".

Oh, well, he should have been. I think he flavored the spot. I guess that is why he received a supporting oscar, huh?

You guys need to hear the Talk Radio stations In Houston. I believe they are trying to get the black listeners here in Houston mad. :mad: Saying.
I thought the doors for blacks are already open. Why did she make that comment. I felt it(the comment) was not necessary.
WHAT!!!!!
That mess ran me hot. I almost called in. But i know they are doing this because of ratings.

But I am still mad at some of the comments made on the shows.

:redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad:

OMG, I'm still overjoyed for the both of them

I can not begin to even explain what I'm feeling about last night. I was so moved and touched when Halle won. I cried just as much as she did. :bawling:

And Denzel......well, nuff said. :eek: It's about DAMN time.

GOD bless them both.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It's long overdue. They've raised the bar...so maybe we'll see more quality roles for our people and less CHITLIN CIRCUIT straight to video cooning movies.

Damn it's good to see people up on it!!! First golf...now the Oscars. Next is Hockey and Wall Street baby. Watch out Penn. Ave.

This is a thought

I'm listening to the radio here in DTown and Pastor Freddy Haynes is speaking; giving his daily inspirational vitamin. He's talking about the Oscars last night and he stated that Denzel should have gotten the Oscar when he portrayed "Malcolm-X" as well as "The Hurricane"......as we all agree, but he pointed out that the Academy awaited Denzel playing "A Thug" before they decided to give him the award. :idea:

What do you think about this. It is a thought, but either way, I'm happy and proud that he got it. He's so well deserving of it.

Ya know "they" only think "we" can act well in certain roles....things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Basically what happened was:

Denzel Washington: "That's the best damn thugged out actor we've seen since Wesly Snipes played that c**n in New Jack City."

Halle Berry: "Any black woman that will fugg good ole Billy Bob on the big screen should get something"

Funny how they do us isn't it?

I am glad for both of them. I didn't see Monsters Ball but I did see Training Day. The role that Denzel played was uncharacterisitic and I don't think that because it was a "thug" role he won. He made the role believable. People had probably type casted him into the good guy role, and when he came with this it was convincing, that is a true sign of a good actor. I am glad that Halle Berry put it down for the other actresses, the door has been opened. :D
Southern University

Re: This is a thought

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
I'm listening to the radio here in DTown and Pastor Freddy Haynes is speaking; giving his daily inspirational vitamin. He's talking about the Oscars last night and he stated that Denzel should have gotten the Oscar when he portrayed "Malcolm-X" as well as "The Hurricane"......as we all agree, but he pointed out that the Academy awaited Denzel playing "A Thug" before they decided to give him the award. :idea:

What do you think about this. It is a thought, but either way, I'm happy and proud that he got it. He's so well deserving of it.

Ya know "they" only think "we" can act well in certain roles....things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

I don't think his win should be minimized because he played a bad man. It's a role and a good one and his performance was superior. Some people will find something wrong with anything. I don't think we should feel askewed because he won for a role where he was a rogue cop. Because he went against his nature is what made that GOOD ACTING. :rolleyes:

I hear folk saying too that Halle only won this time because she had sex with a white man! HELP ME JESUS! The sex was not gratuitous, and the relationship between Letecia and Hank evolved naturally and rationally. I thought they were well placed characters and the storyline believable. And the comment about she shouldn't have said the door is now open was made by somebody JEALOUS. Halle was talking about the CLOSED DOOR of 74 years of awarding the Oscar to the Best Actress and never to a Black woman.

ANYWHO, I am savoring this victory! It's good to be Black in America today! Reminds me of the time that George Wallace was on the Tom Joyner Show shortly after several landmark cases against U.S. companies had been won by Blacks, and he said,

"Don't give me no bean pie, give me some apple,
Let's go rent us an AVIS rental car, drive over to Texaco and fill it up, then drive to Denny's and eat a Grand Slam!" :lmao: :lmao:

And I want to add, after we leave Denny's, let's go watch a movie! :D

Originally posted by docmump
You guys need to hear the Talk Radio stations In Houston. I believe they are trying to get the black listeners here in Houston mad. :mad: Saying. :redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad::redhot::mad:

They started it this morning on 610sports, talking about how long it took her to ger her speech. Them basteeches......:redhot:

He played against type. Hollywood likes that. Remember, Michael Douglas had been nominated before, but he didn't win until he played that ishtty arsehole in Wall Street.

I'm happy for both of them.

I loved the question that was posed to Denzel on Good Morning America this morning. They asked him if he felt this award was to make up for not having received it for the many other good acting roles he has done in the past. Of course he answered evasively at first and then went on to say something along the lines of "it was maybe just his time."
I think the outstanding performances played a role in his receiving the Oscar now, in that, this role showed the diversity of his acting skills. He had never before done a role of this sort.

I felt for Halle too, after having just watched her play in Losing Isaiah this past week. Wow, how far she has come!!!

Back