It's a Done Deal, Bama State will play on Turkey Day Against . . . .

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JROCK, show some empathy for po' TP. You know he and the rest of the Mafia just getting back to the boards. :emlaugh:

JROCK said:
"Whoop their d-2 arse!!!"

That's been quite difficult the last five or six years or so. Bama State needs to be wary of Comegy. I would not be surprised if Tuskegee wins.

Well, I read the other topic after I saw this one. I saw it but I don't read threads about other schools. You all don't interest me. The topic of this one was strange so it peaked my interest. I would not open a thread about the TDC. If I wanted to fall asleep, I would just count sheep.

Oracle said:
That's been quite difficult the last five or six years or so. Bama State needs to be wary of Comegy. I would not be surprised if Tuskegee wins.

From what I have seen of Bama State football this year, it would be hard for me to believe that they would lose to Skeegee this year. Put it this way........If Skegee get pass Bama State this year, I plan on changing my perspective about D-2 football..........I just can't see it.

JROCK said:
From what I have seen of Bama State football this year, it would be hard for me to believe that they would lose to Skeegee this year. Put it this way........If Skegee get pass Bama State this year, I plan on changing my perspective about D-2 football..........I just can't see it.

I believe that Tuskegee beat the Bees the year L.C. Cole took them to the SCG. Bama State had a pretty good team that year with Kennedy at QB. I just won't rule out the chance that Tuskegee could pick up a victory.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Oracle said:
I believe that Tuskegee beat the Bees the year L.C. Cole took them to the SCG. Bama State had a pretty good team that year with Kennedy at QB. I just won't rule out the chance that Tuskegee could pick up a victory.

Hmmmmmmmmmm,

In my mind it would be a big faux paus for ASU to take the hit this year. I find it interesting though that you think Skegee has a chance. I wish this was a televised game. I will surely be in Louisiana on Thanksgiving Day.

One thing I can say about Tuskegee is that they are not your regular D2 team. They can probably beat most of the teams in the SWAC. I dont know how good this years team is but from what I have heard they are good. They have a player to go pro just about every year and a couple are starters right now.

JROCK said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm,

In my mind it would be a big faux paus for ASU to take the hit this year. I find it interesting though that you think Skegee has a chance. I wish this was a televised game. I will surely be in Louisiana on Thanksgiving Day.

My view of the game is based purely on a recent historical perspective. Until last year, Tuskegee had won four or five in a row. They had even won games that I thought they did not have a chance to win. I just believe that Tuskegee has a feel for Bama State's game and prepares well for it. Bama State should have a better team with more depth, but that has not always been dispositive of the outcome of the game.

mighty hornet said:
It went over your head bruh.
:D

(think back to a couple of weeks ago, when I tried to get you to pontificate)

It's just that I have more to say now than I did then.

Oracle,

The past is just that . . . the past.

In 2001, Bama State did not have nearly as good a defense as we have now, especially against the run. We had Kennedy, and he did his part, but Kennedy didn't play defense. Also, Tuskegee was better then, than they are now.

Yeah, 'Skegee has only lost one game this year, but even in the games that they have won, they have given up a lot of points. Just this past weekend, they gave up 35 points in a win against Clark. :eek: If Clark can score 35 points on them, we can surely score 45 or more, especially since we average nearly 40 against some pretty decent teams in the SWAC. Bama State, on the other hand, has held every team its played, except Southern, to 23 points or less.

'Skegee had their run against Bama State.

That's over.

Deuce said:
Oracle,

The past is just that . . . the past.

In 2001, Bama State did not have nearly as good a defense as we have now, especially against the run. We had Kennedy, and he did his part, but Kennedy didn't play defense. Also, Tuskegee was better then, than they are now.

Yeah, 'Skegee has only lost one game this year, but even in the games that they have won, they have given up a lot of points. Just this past weekend, they gave up 35 points in a win against Clark. :eek: If Clark can score 35 points on them, we can surely score 45 or more, especially since we average nearly 40 against some pretty decent teams in the SWAC. Bama State, on the other hand, has held every team its played, except Southern, to 23 points or less.

'Skegee had their run against Bama State.

That's over.

You maybe be right about Tuskegee's team being weaker now than in some of the recent years. But I still think that there will be some dramatic moments during the game. Tuskegee has a real motivation to beat Bama State, especially given the events of this past week. I think a lot of this game will be played with heavy emotions, which can work to the benefit of the underdog. And you know Comegy would like nothing more than to beat the Bees, even though he would rather be in the playoffs.

Back