Is your school looking for ???

"G" Nasty

A new band director. There are several rumors flowing around about some SWAC schools looking for new band director or assistant band directors.

I heard so far UAPB, TXSU, ALASU, AAMU and Alcorn

Is this true, can someone confirm or deny it???

Originally posted by BG IS BACK
BAMA STATE....NO

I heard that Ala St. just got two new band directors is this true, i have also heard that this is Alcorn assistant director last semester, but i don't know if it is true

Originally posted by BG IS BACK
AT THIS POINT NO, IT ISN'T TRUE, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.
Okay, one of the band director is the guy from Sarah T. Reed High School in New Orleans

Originally posted by SonicBoom02
Alabama St. is getting a new director. His name is Miquel Bonds. He's coming from Sarah T. Reed HS in New Orleans.

I'VE MET THIS CAT BEFORE. HE WENT TO su. BAMA MAY BE GETTING ANOTHER SWAC ALUM AS A DIRECTOR. :shh:

HE MAY BE AN ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, NOT DIRECTOR. NOTHING HAS BEEN FINALIZED AS OF YET. AS SOON AS I FIND OUT, I'LL LET ALL INTERESTED PARTIES KNOW.

Well, I'll tell you what I heard,

I Know about North Carolina A&T- Head Position opening
I heard rumors of: Alabama State (possible assistant)
I heard rumors of: Alcorn State (possible assistant)
I heard UAPB may: Expand Staff by one person
I heard PV may be looking for an assistant

Now, that all I heard however, I will still investigate more. Some schools just hasn't posted anything up yet although by law they will eventaully have to.

Some schools that aren't looking need to be looking judging from the ish I saw this year....my school included.

I really wish we could have more directors of our staff at Alcorn, and Mr. Griffin is getting to old for this, he might be lossing a step or two. I heard our assistant was leavign as of right now he is still hear.

Yep, Alcorn State really need help. They have a nice size band and only 2 band directors. In their department, unlike others, they have one teacher per category.

One man teaches all woodwinds
One teaches low brass and percussion
One teaches high brass.

Other schools have staffs that concentrates on one maybe 2
instruments. It is surprising that they have maintained for this long but now I think it's really beginning to show. ASU is one school that use to rely on the help of students to act as aids to the directors but now, THEY NEED HELP BAD and the administration isn't hearing that. The administration doesn't care if the band sounds good or bad. As long as the band appears to be good to them, they will see that there is nothing wrong. The administration is not music literate.

Dr. Lee or Bristow want get off ther butts and hire more staff members, as a matter of fact they need to renavate the building or rebuild the hold band hall. They also need to get sponsors for the band.

Back