Is Morris Brown In the SWAC?

pbla

Focus
In the Arkansas Democrat, when they list the SWAC standings, they list Morris Brown as a member of the SWAC. Are they a probational member or what?

Originally posted by pbla
In the Arkansas Democrat, when they list the SWAC standings, they list Morris Brown as a member of the SWAC.

MAN THAT PAPER HAS ALWAYS BEEN OUT TO LUNCH.

Morris Brown attempted to gain entrance into the swac. They scheduled a lot of SWAC teams but were turned down in the end.

Lewis,

Morris Brown attempted to gain entrance into the swac. They scheduled a lot of SWAC teams but were turned down in the end.

Morris Brown College was not turned down in end by the SWAC. Morris Brown College's president Delores Croos never committed the final application the SWAC president requested to vote on Morris Brown College for membership into the conference at the SWAC winter meeting in 2000. So a vote by the SWAC presidents on the matter of Morris Brown College admittance as a SWAC member institution never took place.

I was my understanding (i may be wrong) that it was already known that the vote would be "NO", so she did not waste her time.

Lewis,

I was my understanding (i may be wrong) that it was already known that the vote would be "NO", so she did not waste her time.

That is not why she did not waste her time. But if you want to believe that is the case so be it.

Bartram,

It is my understanding that MoBrown is tops on the SWAC list of expansion teams.

Most of the SWAC presidents are interested in Tennessee State and Florida A & M. But, because of both institutions support of the NCAA Division I AA Play-offs, it is highly unlikely that these two institutions will become a member of the SWAC.

Several of the SWAC presidents supported Morris Brown College's interested in becoming a member of the conference, while several other presidents were not totally sold on having Morris Brown College has the 11th member of the SWAC.

So, I would be interested in what direction the SWAC presidents are considering now as far as SWAC expansion. I am sure much of the SWAC presidents new directives for expansion or not will be in the hands of the new commissioner to achieve.

Morris Brown just for it's location in Atlanta, will be a good addition to the SWAC. Tennessee State would be nice addition also for it's location in Nashville... but it's kind of far for travel to other SWAC schools. I wish both of those schools could be added to the SWAC.

Back