Is Micheal Vick a Bust?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
I know it's just a pre-season game and the season hasn't even started, but did you see Micheal Vick get crushed last night?! :eek: This guys career is not getting off to a good start. Does Atlanta have a good offensive line this year? His protection sure seemed suspect. What, do they (his offensive line) think subconciously that they don't have to protect him like a pure pocket passer because he's so illussive (or was)? Looks like Atlanta is in for a looooooooooong year.

DaTruth4u said:

Let's look at this before you all try to analyze the situation.

1) Vick is just getting over his injury from last year! Even Donovan McNabb broke his ankle the year before last, he said he wasn't fully 100% until the offseason.

2) Vick has suffered a slight hamstring injury this preseason. When he did play in games, he couldn't do too much due to that injury.

3) This is the most important, in my opinion. YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT PRE-SEASON FOOTBALL!! The starters will play one quarter at the most in preseason games. Some, like Vick, won't even play after 3 or 4 series on their side of the ball (offensive or defensive). Preseason games are not for the guys you know will start. It's for the second stringers and the people below them. Preseason is for the coaches to evaluate the rookies, 3rd stringers, and practice squad people to determine where they will end up on this year's roster.
When have you all seen a starter on any team play more than a quarter on a consistent basis during preseason football?

Antroy said:
Let's look at this before you all try to analyze the situation.

1) Vick is just getting over his injury from last year! Even Donovan McNabb broke his ankle the year before last, he said he wasn't fully 100% until the offseason.

2) Vick has suffered a slight hamstring injury this preseason. When he did play in games, he couldn't do too much due to that injury.

3) This is the most important, in my opinion. YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT PRE-SEASON FOOTBALL!! The starters will play one quarter at the most in preseason games. Some, like Vick, won't even play after 3 or 4 series on their side of the ball (offensive or defensive). Preseason games are not for the guys you know will start. It's for the second stringers and the people below them. Preseason is for the coaches to evaluate the rookies, 3rd stringers, and practice squad people to determine where they will end up on this year's roster.
When have you all seen a starter on any team play more than a quarter on a consistent basis during preseason football?

,,,, ok my man,,, but just pin this one on your bulletin board. i mean, what signs of greatness has this guy shown for all the hype that he got/gets???

Have you seen any Falcons games? If you had seen some of the stuff that I've seen him do, this wouldn't even be a discussion. He is so far from being a bust. He's not a Joe Montana but he's no Ryan Leaf, either.

Antroy said:
Have you seen any Falcons games? If you had seen some of the stuff that I've seen him do, this wouldn't even be a discussion. He is so far from being a bust. He's not a Joe Montana but he's no Ryan Leaf, either.

sir, of coarse i have seen falcon games. also, i do believe i remember Micheal Vick and company at VaTech absolutely DISMANTLING the Crimson Tide( whom I support in the Iron Bowl against worthless Auburn) in the (then) worthless, cold-arse, miserable Music City Bowl in Nashville when he was in college. now yes, in college he was "da bomb",,, but dude, you know college and the NFL are different animals. what i'm asking you is do you think that too much is being read into his RUNNING abilities in college. I do. I think Atlanta/fans and the media(especially) are focusing too much on his ability to run and be a one man team/success. (in a way I think this is by design,,, but lest i digress into conspiracy theories and "black helicopters".) i mean,,, this guy is no precision passer, so you got to give the guy a dominant offensive line or something for crying out loud. what's up with the falcon's offensive line sir???????????????????????????????????????? :confused:

I'll admit, the Falcons do need to get an offensive line. Vick can't keep taking hits and not expect to get injured sooner or later. That's probably why he didn't play much this preseason. Everytime Vick gets hit, the entire city holds their breath. When he gets up, the entire city lets out a sigh of relief.
People are still scared of him getting injured again this year. I'm quite sure that Falcons owner Arthur Blank let it be known that Michael Vick was not to stay in for more than a quarter during the preseason.

Back