Is it me or have you been seeing more sisters in the gym lately

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
The number of black women in my gym has doubled it seemed this year. I thank instagram for this trend.

I recently changed gyms, and noticed that more sistas are there. It also seems like more chicks are into fitness on IG. I guess @mankofit @Followthelita and their crew are inspiring chicks.

Man my gym is the local YMCA the sisters only do classes and machines. Some are serious some are not. I heard they be deep at ATC and Planet Fitness. Meat markets I hear. The Y has a steam room, sauna, pool, BB ect so I'll stay over there but I've heard it thick at planet fitness...

Man my gym is the local YMCA the sisters only do classes and machines. Some are serious some are not. I heard they be deep at ATC and Planet Fitness. Meat markets I hear. The Y has a steam room, sauna, pool, BB ect so I'll stay over there but I've heard it thick at planet fitness...

Planet fitness is not a gym man. Atleast they are starting though.

The sisters only want to do the classes like zumba and the elyptical while reading a book. No plyo, no weight training...No real results...

Last edited:
I was talking to this sista and she said she was an instructor @ lady fitness...do men go to lady fitness?

I was talking to this sista and she said she was an instructor @ lady fitness...do men go to lady fitness?

I am sure they do. Some want go cause they want to have sex with the women there, others go because they want to be the women there.

The sister only want to do the classes like zumba and the elyptical while reading a book. No plyo, no weight training...No real results...

Lol. We are getting some sisters putting in work at my gym. They consistent too. The trend started last fall but has really picked up this spring.

I am sure they do. Some want go cause they want to have sex with the women there, others go because they want to be the women there.

yeah, she was inviting me, but I was thinking "do men go there", I was gonna say probably a bunch of gay dudes, but
I see gay dudes in all of them.

Why is everyone so fascinated with Sisters working out? I said the same thing on FB last year after seeing one of my homegirls talk about how the Sisters at her gym work out...or don't work out, according to her. If you go to the gym and you are working out how are you able to know what everyone else is doing?!

I could see if you guys are talking about their bodies, etc. But y'all worried about what classes they talking, what machines they're on. :noidea: Why?

Can we just be?! :lol:

Don't you only go to the gym the first three weeks of January?

:emlaugh:

Naw...I just say that on FB because it amazes me how "gym rats" try to clown people trying to work out. Like they own the gym or something. :rolleyes:

And it's the first three months, punk!! :slap:

Why is everyone so fascinated with Sisters working out? I said the same thing on FB last year after seeing one of my homegirls talk about how the Sisters at her gym work out...or don't work out, according to her. If you go to the gym and you are working out how are you able to know what everyone else is doing?!

I could see if you guys are talking about their bodies, etc. But y'all worried about what classes they talking, what machines they're on. :noidea: Why?

We just be happy SS. Plus, seeing black women in spandex is a good thing. You should see how them white dudes at the gym be staring at the sisters. :lol:

I could care less about what machine they on if they actually get results. I see the same folks show up Jan -April and disappere for the rest of the year. Or you see them in a zumba class and nothing has changed. Yet those snow bunnies be all on the weights lifting and sqauting and getting in shape. Yes they too do the classes but you will see them running, plyo, legs and free weights. Sisters be avoiding those things like the plague. Not all but a lot..

I could care less about what machine they on if they actually get results. I see the same folks show up Jan -April and disappere for the rest of the year. Or you see them in a zumba class and nothing has changed. Yet those snow bunnies be all on the weights lifting and sqauting and getting in shape. Yes they too do the classes but you will see them running, plyo, legs and free weights. Sisters be avoiding those things like the plague. Not all but a lot..

So :noidea: :lol:

Why is there a need for the comparison?! :lol:

I can't tell you the number of white men I see in the gym when I go...or what exercises they are doing or machines they are on.

There are a lot of black men in there...standing in the way. Probably counting the number of black women in the gym and making a mental note of the exercises and machines we are using. :lol:

I've been a member of my local Y now for 7 years and it's not hard to see what the sisters do. I just want them to work hard or stay at home...I can't run, I can't walk, I can lift no weights it makes me look like a man.????? So eating making you look less like a women and more like..Nevermind. I'm a work in progress and I love to see sisters getting it right and tight. You don't have to be getting all the way down to skin and bones but just hitting it hard and eating right. It looks great on sisters.... It's sundress season you know!!!

I've been a member of my local Y now for 7 years and it's not hard to see what the sisters do. I just want them to work hard or stay at home...I can't run, I can't walk, I can lift no weights it makes me look like a man.????? So eating making you look less like a women and more like..Nevermind. I'm a work in progress and I love to see sisters getting it right and tight. You don't have to be getting all the way down to skin and bones but just hitting it hard and eating right. It looks great on sisters.... It's sundress season you know!!!

:shame:

Back