Is it "fair", you make the call.

GSUperTiger

The "Icon" of BCF
There are many definitions/connotations of the word "fair." However, let's focus on this context.

Just to all parties; equitable

Is having the firm of Robert "Defensive MVP" Taylor, Terrance "Silent Assasin" Dukes, and Alexis "Shinin' like a Lexus" Robinson as a LBing core just to all parties. Hell, no. Is having a front four of Willie Gray, Antwan Lawrence, Mark Hall, and Ron Johnson equitable? Huh bruh? The last time America saw a front like this was the cold front that caused havoc on the Northeast a few years ago. Hell, our second team of Dante Newell, Calvin Arnold, Booker Williams, and Lonnie Walker would start for any other team.

Is having a cornerback that will finish his career as a consensus 1st team All-SWAC selection all four years just to all parties? Calvin "Deion" Spears, Kalvin "Put a tear in ya" Pearson, Denmark "Defend you as fine as a pen mark" Reed, and Chris "Knock ya down at the line" Brown are the coldest secondary in the SWAC. Period.

Is it just to all parties for Randy "Showtime" Hymes to have a WR corp of Levi Washington, Ellis Spears, Chris Highshaw, Thyron Anderson, Tramon Douglass? Are you serious? Is it equitable to have blue-chip talent of Brad Hill (former Assumption Mustang), Kendrick Shanklin (dominated the SEC in punt returns)? Being a Grambling Tiger since birth, I can attest that the I_ _ _ of _ _ _ is back!

Is just to all parties to have Grambling's golden boy -- Doug "Coach of the Year" Williams -- to return home and bring us to another level of Greatness? The SWAC's greatest nightware has returned from the dead w/ great wrath and fiery.

I will not even comment on this upcoming class, special teams, improved O-line philosophy, etc.. all unparalled.

Clowns take heed, we are still Grambling, and you are our understudy. Believe that baby.................

<center>:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Get Ready, How's the weather in Miss?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:</center>

Is is fair for a person as nice as GSUperTiger to get his feelings hurt this football season. Bruh, I am going to feel so sorry for you.

No Pity here!

I ain't gonna feel sorry for him.
I've taken it EASY on him since 1995!
And what does he do with my kindness?
Talk too mush isssh!

Looks like someone took Get Ready Course @ summer smack school. Had that someone took my course he would have been advised to withdraw and look @ another field of endeavor.

Uuuuh 96

The weather in Miss is fine....kinda hot though, but I can deal with it. So what is going on in your neck of the woods?

What a joke....

You must have been bitten by those mosquitos up there in NY....

I guess GSUP is a victim of the "West Nile" epidemic.....:rolleyes:

One of the symptoms is hallucinations....have you been checked??

At the game this year, JSU fans should honor Clavin Spears in recognition of all the highlights he's helped our recievers provide over the past 3 years. It might be appropriate that SU does the same.

Yeah KA

Why dont we show all 12 TD passes that have been caught on Spears by JSU. I wonder if Sylvester Morris ever sent him any of that signing bonus check for all of his help. :emlaugh:

GSUper,

I'll answer your question. No, it ain't fair. Especially when a team that was still in a rebuiling year dominates the SWAC like we did last year.

It ain't fair that we don't fear a single opponent on our schedule this year.

It ain't fair that our opponents have already counted their games against us as a loss.

It ain't fair that we are I _ _ _ of _ _ _!

It ain't fair that while during our down years, we got more press for being down then the teams that were up.

It ain't fair that we are Grambling and you are the rest of the SWAC.

It just ain't fair that when a person speaks of Greatness people automatically know he is talking about Grambling.

Its not fair that GR, Robber, TP, and JST (The only people from the Mafia that matter) has to constantly look for excuse to keep Hughes around for another year.

If Spears had a dollar for everytime he got beat for a TD, he wouldn't need to get drafted

I rode through yesterday ( after going to Tech's graduation) but couldn't stick around for practice...I had to drive back to BR. My son pointed out Lonnie Walker coming out of the Field house!

DAYUM!!!! Is this the kind of specimen we have playing as a reserve? It ain't gonna even be close to fair. This kid is 6'5", 275 pound defensive end. My son was like, "Dad Lonnie runs a 4.6 forty...you should see him play Basketball". It's unreal the level of talent at a D1AA program...Oh that's right, I almost forgot=>[size=3.5]WE'RE THE ICON![/size]

Originally posted by GSUperTiger
Is just to all parties to have Grambling's golden boy -- Doug "Coach of the Year" Williams

Awwwwwwwwww HeLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOO.
I know you did not say golden boy. :idea: You meant trojan boy right, but then that wouldn't be quite right either now would it. :(

PEEEing monkey send help fast. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Is this the kind of specimen we have playing as a reserve? It ain't gonna even be close to fair. This kid is 6'5", 275 pound defensive end. My son was like, "Dad Lonnie runs a 4.6 forty...you should see him play Basketball". It's unreal the level of talent at a D1AA program...Oh that's right, I almost forgot=>[size=3.5]WE'RE THE ICON![/size] [/B]

Gott Dammit Mike, You keep doing this isht! It ain't fair for you to intimadate folk with our reserves. Its bad enough they got to face our starters. But you insist on scaring folks. Now cut that isht out!:redhot:

But "G", I didn't tell them about Robert Taylor's "little" cousin from Alabama that plays LB (6'3" 240) and runs a 4.3 forty...Opps, my bad!!!!

Dude, you are really pissing me off.:redhot: We ain't gonna have nobody to smack if you keep this up.

Next you will be telling folks that Doug said we so deep at the WR position that our best WR plays QB. You see, isht like that aint fair!

Originally posted by Get Ready
Uuuuh 96

The weather in Miss is fine....kinda hot though, but I can deal with it. So what is going on in your neck of the woods?

Just a lil Hot & Sticky in H-Town....

Originally posted by SAME OLD G

Next you will be telling folks that Doug said we so deep at the WR position that our best WR plays QB. You see, isht like that aint fair!

Moving a QB to reciever is good thing. Moving a reciever to QB is not.

yeah 96

Its so hot that I dont even want to go outside....I think Ill take a nap.

:sleeping: :sleeping:

GR, how is the premier HBCU in America doing?

GSU/SBN Poll

GRAMBLING -- Grambling State has received yet another preseason nod of respect as the Tigers are ranked as the No. 1 team in the Sheridan Broadcasting Network's 2001 Preseason Black College Poll.
The Tigers, the American Sports Wire's 2000 NCAA Division I Black College Champions, finished No. 2 in last year's SBN poll behind Division II Tuskegee.
GSU picked up 13 of 30 first place votes and is one of three Southwestern Athletic Conference Schools in the poll. Texas Southern is ranked No. 6 while Southern is No. 9 and Jackson State is No. 10.

Rank School Points #1Votes '00 Record
1. Grambling State 259 13 10-2
2. Florida A&M 241 1 9-3
3. Tuskegee 323 11 12-0
4. North Carolina A&T 206 4 8-3
5. Bethune-Cookman 147 -- 9-2
6. Texas Southern 106 1 8-3
7. Winston-Salem State 87 -- 9-3
8. Hampton 78 -- 7-4
9. Southern 69 -- 6-5
10. Jackson State 57 -- 7-4

I am not fan of Sheridan, but for the sake of arguing, shouldn't a non-rebuilding, premier program be a little more respected on the national level? Even doing our rock-bottom years, Icon Gram received votes because we are Grambling.

Most coaches, at the very least, would be losing sleep or pulling their hair out over such a similar situation. Not JSU coach Robert Hughes, at least not on the surface.

"It's not going to be a panic-type situation," Hughes said. "It will work itself out."

And if it doesn't?

"We'll go for it on fourth-and-short," Hughes said. "And we've got the two-point conversion in our repertoire."

ROTF! Does this mean if the situation id 4th and inches at the goal line before the half or at the end of a game -- Buffalo goes for it (when down by 2pts)?

This is pitiful. :( I have seen armadillos on the road decay slower than this.

It feel good!!! LOL

Dayum man..it just in't fair for one program to be sooo dayum talented. And with all the talent we have just waiting in the wings....I would hate to be one one of your mede-okra progarams.

Now I understand why we are Grambling, and you are just the rest of the SWAC!

Alcorn you are on the clock!

Back