Is holistic health witchcraft?

mistercda

I need some advise about this big time because it is troubleing my spirit. This was introduce into our church and it seem like I am the only one who disern a warlock spirit on this gentleman. His website is www.detoxinternational.com and I just do not see this as a gift from God. The spokesman kept stating "Nothing can heal you but your body" during his whole presentation. I saw the ying yang sign in his brochure. I think this is a form of witchcraft. My father is an Apostle, but he is taking the herbs this man is selling. The church gave me scriptures because I ask where in the Bible does it states that we get healing from herbs? They gave me a scripture in Genesis that explains that God gave herb yielding seeds and trees that bear fruit with seed in it for food. I don't see how they get healing out of that. I also went and did more research to find out that there are two types of herbs; annuals (seed-bearing) and perennials (grow from a root). So I'm assuming that we are not to consume the perennial herb because God found favor in the annual. Well, I went to the website and pulled up the herbs in this Detox to find out that most of the herbs are perennials. I need some advise. Quick. They are claiming that this stuff makes them feel better. The man also claims this stuff cures, HIV, diabeties, hypertension, etc. It is so much I got to ask but I'll wait for some advise on this matter.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I could be mistaken but I don't think all of those things are witchcraft. You have to realize that some of the techniques have a scientific basis but because people did not understand them and were not as advanced at the time of discovery they attributed these things to the "gods" and what not. Signs like the ying and yang(sp) go back to oriental culture....I don't know that they are tied to witchcraft exactly.

I don't believe acupuncture or yoga or even hypnosis (if it works) are evil. They have scientific explanations. Now about them herbs....I don't believe in it.

mistercda said:
I need some advise about this big time because it is troubleing my spirit. This was introduce into our church and it seem like I am the only one who disern a warlock spirit on this gentleman. His website is www.detoxinternational.com and I just do not see this as a gift from God. The spokesman kept stating "Nothing can heal you but your body" during his whole presentation. I saw the ying yang sign in his brochure. I think this is a form of witchcraft...

Holistic medicine can be a wonderful thing. Herbs and such were certainly put in the earth by the Lord for our preservation. There are several good Christian holistic medicine enterprises out there. Detox International is not one of them. Just check out their webpages on Taoism and yoga and you will know that this enterprise is closely associated with New Age/occultism.

Mistercda, I would say that discerning is working in you. Run the other way.

"Herbs and such were certainly put in the earth by the Lord for our preservation."

True, this goes back to Genesis. Adam and Eve were vegetarians, before the were allowed to eat meat.

I understand herbs are for food. Like I said, the bible gave Adam and Eve "herb yeilding seed" (KJV) for food. Look in an enclopedia and look up herbs. You will see that there are 2 type of herbs. Look at those scriptures in the First chapter of Genesis also. If God finds a specific thing (herb yeilding seed) or (seed-bearing) NIV good, there must be one that is not good. I'm assuming rooted herbs ie, Ginsang are not to be consume, yet the Detox if full of rooted herbs. If God give us something to be good, you best believe the devil will use something for evil. You see where I'm going with this? They also had something call structure water that they were selling 20.00 for about 16 ounces. They said you had to mix up the water with drinking water. The last time I looked at a Nutritional Guide, water was and is the only thing that is absolutely pure. If anyone have time, type up structure water on the Internet if you need more understanding. Make sure you have your spritual eyes on in Jesus name and check it out. This new age movement stuff is creeping up on Christians and it is not of God. I'm about to go to bible study.

Ge. 1:11 Herb = `eseb {eh'seb} = grass, green plants

"If God finds a specific thing (herb yeilding seed) or (seed-bearing) NIV good, there must be one that is not good. "

You are mis-understanding the word good.

Good: Hebrew = towb {tobe} which means: to be good, be pleasing, be joyful, be beneficial, be pleasant, be favourable, be happy, be right.

In the beginning everything that God created was "good" meaning that He was pleased [satisfaction] with what he created.

Back