Is CNN (the media in general) biased?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
This is one of the greatest tools of the conservative right-wing and ultra-conservative talkshow hosts.

What I find interesting, though, is that for decades we, black society, have ALSO accused the media of being biased,,, AGAINST BLACKS! So which do you think it is? :confused:

I find myself looking at CNN these days,, and it's hard for me to argue with right-wing ultra-conservatives. I have come to the conclusion that the local media (in Alabama) is biased against blacks just as we have argued for decades (but that's changing) and the big national media outlets like NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN are biased against the conservative agenda.

CNN, I would have to agree with ultra-conservatives, is liberal biased.

And another thing on CNN/FOX etc,,,,, why did they bring in all these former NBC/ABC/CBS icons like Paula Zaun(?) and Connie Chung? It's like NBC/ABC/CBS has simply taken on the CNN name! What gives?!

I can't remember if he is on CNN, but Bill O'Riley is biased and possibly racist.

Originally posted by Sonic98
I can't remember if he is on CNN, but Bill O'Riley is biased and possibly racist.

Rupert Murdock is a conservative and is making sure that the news on Fox is conservative.

O'Reilly is not as smart as he think he is. He is an example of a person who one should not believe everything that he (O'Reilly) says.

FOX etc

yeah,, it seems FOX has the most "conservative" reputation in the current market. CNN, I would contend then, is the alter ego of FOX (or FOX of CNN since CNN was first).

Originally posted by EB

Rupert Murdock is a conservative and is making sure that the news on Fox is conservative.

O'Reilly is not as smart as he think he is. He is an example of a person who one should not believe everything that he (O'Reilly) says.

So true.

Yeah but,,,

what about all the other networks? would you say they are conservative or liberal biased?

most conservatives would say they are liberal biased, of coarse, but then I would say, what about black society's contension that the news "always shows black folk in the worst light"???? :confused:

I think for the most part main stream media IS more in line with moderate to liberal views on things, but the conservatives have a strangle hold on (AM) talk radio.

Man yeah the media is biased. Prefect example, the Iverson case. The made him look like a serial killer or something. All the talk but really no proof or evidence. A week later Scott Erickson of Baltimore Oriels beats up his girlfriend and what do you her about it, nothing.

Ok,,, now here's my point!!

Man yeah the media is biased. Prefect example, the Iverson case. The made him look like a serial killer or something. All the talk but really no proof or evidence. A week later Scott Erickson of Baltimore Oriels beats up his girlfriend and what do you her about it, nothing.

This is the SAME media that the right-wing conservatives would contend is biased, alright, BUT biased in the favor of non-white males!!!! Right Makaho??!!!

How da hell can they be biased against US,, AND biased in favor of liberal, special interest groups ("US") as the conservatives would contend?!!!:confused: :confused:

I just don't know HOW the media does it; piss off US and the conservatives!! :confused:

Back