Is An All Male Marching Band Better?

TBone2

Boom 84-88
Southern is the closest to an all male marching band. Is a mostly male marching band better than one that has a large number of females?

Originally posted by TBone2
Southern is the closest to an all male marching band. Is a mostly male marching band better than one that has a large number of females?

I would say so....

less B.S., less relationships.....

More time for business (RAIN, SLEET, or SNOW).....

Girls: " I can't go out there in the rain and practice, I will mess up my hair"

Less girls: means more aggresiveness......

Band directors can really SPEAK their mind...WHERE THE BAND CAN GET THE TOTAL POINT!!!!....

JUKES I know yall have more.......

no its my time of the month

no relationships which means no drama

no crazy opinions

no Bull ish plain out

i know from my dawgs i talk to at other schools, they hate having girls in the band....

glad i came to southern.....
:flippy: :flippy:

Hell Yeah

Even though SU was my first marching band experience, I help out at my old HS with their new program. Man, the girls in the band over their are ridiculous. Out of all the bandmembers, the girls are the worst players, the biggest whiners, and the least driven. I AM NOT SAYING THAT FEMALES SHOULD NOT BE IN MARCHING BAND, but I am sayin' that I'm grateful to be in the SU's band where we can avoid all that drama.

Oh...and I don't think it looks right for a girl to be crabbin' me...:rolleyes:

we dont run across many... im not saying that we havent had a couple......but i mean those that are sus.......as we say.....usually get zipped cause doc dont play that...........but we dont have any queers in our band........... sorry to dissapoint you.

thats why when girls come to our hotels we jump on them like vultures on dead meat!!!!

Originally posted by C-Murder
we dont run across many... im not saying that we havent had a couple......but i mean those that are sus.......as we say.....usually get zipped cause doc dont play that...........but we dont have any queers in our band........... sorry to dissapoint you.
There have been a handful of gays at the "S" that I know of(handful....compared to the hundreds of thousands of members who have come thru).

But, I can't stand it when people say..."since SU is all male...they turned him gay"

:rolleyes: ....my arse!

If he is gay after the Classic....then, he was like that coming out of HS. And, you best believe he kept that isht "tibbity-top" secret......cuz, the Jukebox don't play that isht.

If you hang around SU band hall for a day....I garuantee you'll know that's BS. He11, you'd think the gay dude is David Coppefield, from being able to perform magic by keeping it under wraps.

I think it's just all around better to have an all-male band. No BS...and, no accessories to BS

women are too opionated, when you got dudes theyre easier to control and they dont ask no questions. women always read to deeply into stuff and want to ask questions...........and then they want to give an opinion on what you told them.............southern just isnt the place for that.....anubody who knows doc knows what i mean...........his word is law round them parts!!!!!

Originally posted by SUtrp96

Band directors can really SPEAK their mind...WHERE THE BAND CAN GET THE TOTAL POINT!!!!....
That's one thing that surprised the he11 out of me, when I got there.....but, I loved it to death.

Im talking straight DEF JAM in there sometimes.

Fugg' around and don't play one of Knighten's ballads right....you gon' get your crab brother in trouble, cuz they laughing at yo ars. And, if you keep making the same mistake...........Ima just lean waaaaaaay back in my seat, and just LMMFAO (he11, I don't even have a particular story in mind, and Im dying laughing now). :lol:

See, if you have a room full of girls in there (or, maybe you're a band with flags.... :bawling: ), you'd have to pardon and excuse yourself too many times. :smh:....ain't none of that there. Cuz, that slows down progress.

Thank God for SU.

:)

Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
That's one thing that surprised the he11 out of me, when I got there.....but, I loved it to death.

Im talking straight DEF JAM in there sometimes.

Fugg' around and don't play one of Knighten's ballads right....you gon' get your crab brother in trouble, cuz they laughing at yo ars. And, if you keep making the same mistake...........Ima just lean waaaaaaay back in my seat, and just LMMFAO (he11, I don't even have a particular story in mind, and Im dying laughing now). :lol:

See, if you have a room full of girls in there (or, maybe you're a band with flags.... :bawling: ), you'd have to pardon and excuse yourself too many times. :smh:....ain't none of that there. Cuz, that slows down progress.

Thank God for SU.

Amen

I agree with all of you. I feel you can get more done,.....all work and less mess.

however, there have been times inwhich you run across girls who can hold their own. I have known girls that can out play and out march some of the strongest males,..... and didn't keep up a whole lot of crap. If I didn't have to worry about a lawsuit, these are the only types of female I would allow in the ranks. But yes, over all,... it would be better all male.

yeah all that is fine and dandy.... but i do enjoy he occassional head shot on a road trip... i'm all for the females. Now I'll say the less in my section... the better.

Originally posted by solophone96
but i do enjoy he occassional head shot on a road trip... i'm all for the females

This dude is wild..........thats the only thing i miss about high school.............ahhhh the days!!!!!:D :D :D

I've never been in an all-male band. I am sure that things would be a bit more efficient as described in previous posts...but there is more to the experience than being efficient.

Would they be better? I hope I never find out.

Originally posted by dacontinent
I've never been in an all-male band. I am sure that things would be a bit more efficient as described in previous posts...but there is more to the experience than being efficient.

Would they be better? I hope I never find out.

why wouldnt you want to be a part of a well-oiled machine? there are too many kinks thrown into the band when women start puttin their 2 cents in, and as for you never finding out, you never will..........................:wavey: :wavey:

Originally posted by solophone96
i'm all for the females. Now I'll say the less in my section... the better.
So, you'd rather infest the other sections in the band....cuz, you want head shots on roadtrips? :smh:

This is why it's nothing to us......

1....6+ to 1 w/m ratio on campus.

2....Women waiting in lobbies of the hotels when you get there.

3....Women (who loves a soldier in uniform) at the games.

4....Women everywhere.

5....And, you get to be in the most fiya band on earf.

.....we win. :nod:

why wouldnt you want to be a part of a well-oiled machine? there are too many kinks thrown into the band when women start puttin their 2 cents in, and as for you never finding out, you never will..........................:wavey: :wavey:

I have no problem being part of a "well-oiled machine". I have done that before WITH females. I enjoyed the total experience. There are some musical positives that come along with having females in the mix. There is something to be said for all-out aggression AND for sensitivity. Females help us with the latter a great deal.

ole' sensitive arse dude!!!! who needs sensitivity in band??? we do have built up agression and we let it out erry saturday...........:redhot: :redhot: :D :D :cool: :cool:

ole' sensitive arse dude!!!! who needs sensitivity in band??? we do have built up agression and we let it out erry saturday...........:redhot: :redhot: :D :D :cool: :cool:

We have to release on Saturdays cuz we DO NOT release on the crabs.....:D

There is something to be said for all-out aggression AND for sensitivity. Females help us with the latter a great deal.
Don't take this the wrong way, but........

.....that's sounds like a loud of isht. :smh:

Men can't be smooth and/or soft on an instrument?

Now, if you wanna base your arguement on SU's concept being different....then, do that. But, now you're being rediculous.

I enjoyed the total experience. There are some musical positives that come along with having females in the mix. There is something to be said for all-out aggression AND for sensitivity. Females help us with the latter a great deal.
I have no problems with females,.... if they can carry their own weight. You lost me in your last two statements...........What does that mean???

he dont know either.....he probably was the twirler in 83!!!!!!!

:nod2: :nod2:
:shh: dont tell........nobody!!

Back