IPOD

Jam Piper Jam

Truth Seeker
i crashed the drive on my 10 gb IPOD and got a 30 gb last nite. It seems to be alot more user friendly than previous models. I just hate that I can't use music match to load it anymore. Also the suckers don't include an ac adapter with it.

I'm hoping they have improved the life span of the battery. I reached the point where I was charging it for 4 hrs to get 45 minutes worth of playing time:sick:

I received the 3rd Gen 15G a couple of years ago.

In the past 2 months three of my friends have the 20 and 30 gig with color monitors! :rolleyes:

When I'm connected to the computer, mine doesn't recharge....but theirs does! :mad:

I'm just about out of room on mine and I would LOVE an upgrade, but I think it's senseless that you can't trade it in for a more updated model and pay whatever difference they decide...as opposed to just flat out buying a brand new one! :shame:

My battery life is okay while I'm listening, but when I'm connected...terrible! :dead:

My car adapter sucks.

The battery life on mine seems to have gone down. I used to could rock it for a day nonstop without recharging, now I can only go half a day at the gym without hooking it up back to the adapter on my computer.

I have the Mini, I think I am going to trade it in for a nano.

:(

I've got to get me one of those...but since I'm a gamer...I'll get the PSP.

Dr. Freeze said:
I have both (iPod and PSP) and I don't have a problem with them.

How big is the "hard" drive in the PSP with respect to the mp3 player? Is it 512 mb? 1g? 2g?

I have both an ipod and a PSP, but I only use my PSP to play games when I travel. But with my ipod I am having the same issues as others. I have a 3rd generation 20GB, and I hav emore music on it than I could ever listen to. And the battery is starting to not last very long. I can have it charging all night, and as soon as it is unplugged, the battery meter goes to 1/2.

I'm like you Ntel, I want a new one too. They are smaller, sleeker, color screen, and they can play movies, etc. But I just can't justify the new one with no real plan for the old one.

See that's part of my problem. I just went through this with my first digital camera. The LCD went out after the warranty had expired and it would cost more to fix it than to purchase a comparable camera. I just feel with all the advances in technology & stuff, I'm going to spend 300 bucks on something and after a year and a half it's gonna be obsolete or be like you guys and need to purchase new equipment. So I've held off.

One of my little cousins got a IPOD for Christmas and over the holiday I was checking it out. Man I was tripping out looking @ That's So Raven like it was TV! Plus, it was one of those black ones and it had me like whoa! I'm thinking about just getting and IPOD, but I really want that Creative Labs Zen Vision or Vision:M. Those are sweet and would really fit what I want to do and would probably last me a while.

But then Apple would come along and top that for cheaper....oh the pain!

Sonny I remember when you used to be so happy with your IPOD...............

Jax said:
How big is the "hard" drive in the PSP with respect to the mp3 player? Is it 512 mb? 1g? 2g?
The PSP doesn't have an internal hard drive. You use memory cards with it, and as far as I know, you can get memory cards up to 4 gigs or perhaps more. I have a 1 gig and a 2 gig card for mine.

Jax said:

My fault frat. I just got to this thread. The PSP doesn't have an internal hard drive. You have to buy the memory sticks for it.

UAPB '97 said:
Has anyone tried the Creative Zen Nomad (40GB or 60GB)???

I use the creative zen micro. Before I bought it I did plenty of comparison research between the Zen's and iPods and the Zens almost always ranked out higher. It has a longer battery life as well as a swappable battery. You get more for your money (a radio which is recordable, voice recorder, personal information manager that syncs with outlook, etc) and with all that the one's that i was looking at were cheaper than the iPods. They play WMV files as well as MP3s and are compatiable with the music services Rhapsody and Napster. I pay $15 a month for unlimited transers between my Zen and Rhapsody as well as unlimited play when I'm streaming (I can hook up my computer to my home system so that comes in handy). You can also purchase the music like iTuens for like 89 cents per song. It's definately a nice alternative to have and I'm loving it.

Suge said:
I have both an ipod and a PSP, but I only use my PSP to play games when I travel. But with my ipod I am having the same issues as others. I have a 3rd generation 20GB, and I hav emore music on it than I could ever listen to. And the battery is starting to not last very long. I can have it charging all night, and as soon as it is unplugged, the battery meter goes to 1/2.

I'm like you Ntel, I want a new one too. They are smaller, sleeker, color screen, and they can play movies, etc. But I just can't justify the new one with no real plan for the old one.

Suge:

Actually, I DID upgrade last month! :D

I am now owner of the new 30G joint (in black) that plays videos...in color! :jump:
Got the hook-up from this DJ I know here, and he also threw on a few thousand songs for ya boy! :nod:

I justified the new one by relinquishing the usage of the old one...:lol: :swink:

I still have to copy a lot of the music over...I had some GOOD isht on the old one! :eek: :cool:

I am looking @ buying an MP3 player and you guys have me sold on the Zen. How much is the memory sticks running for the PSP? I bought my son one over christmas and not he is worrying me about memory.:smash:

I've got a 20gig one and it usually holds me for a long time. I also recently got a modulator so I could play it through my car's speakers. Works pretty good but you can't adjust the sound on the ipod while doing that, only the car stereo sound.

Back