iPOD

SONNY

The Future of Omega!!!!
Im going out on Friday to buy the Apple iPOD. (Actually and iPOD mini)

Im not a really techy guy, this seems like a pretty nice gadget to have at the gym, when I travel or just need some Entertainment at work. I was wondering does anyone have any additional information on them for me.
I get the jist of what they do, but are they other comparable devise like the iPod that are out (cheaper, more features, etc, etc) now?

Thank you.

Getting either the Green or the White one. :D

Actually there are others out but I would stick with the ipod. Its the most popular most likely the most reliable and probably has the most accesories. I have not done my research yet but off the top of my head it would be my choice.

I want to get one and get the car charger/RF adapter so I can use it as my car stereo.

I'm thinking about getting an iPod or the Dell Pocket DJ. My MP3 CD player went out and it's hard not listening to music at work. Instead of me getting another MP3 CD Player, I think I'm going to get either iPod or the Dell.

I have an iPod and it is great! I have an iTrip which allows the iPod to play through my car radio (or my home radio).

A good place to find out more info about the iPod is at iPodLounge.

I have an IPOD (15G...holds 3700 songs) that I had for over a year before I actually used it. :)

I don't have the ITrip, but i do have the Monster Cable icarplay that I use inconjunction with the tape adapter...so that I can get clear sound AND charge my IPOD at the same time.

If I'm in a vehicle that doesn't have a tape deck, I'd then just resort to using the icarplay's FM adapter...even though I can't always find the clearest station.

Good thing to have. I currently have about 2700 songs at my disposal.

*right now at work listening to "And Love Goes On" by EWF...* :cool:

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
Actually there are others out but I would stick with the ipod. Its the most popular most likely the most reliable and probably has the most accesories. I have not done my research yet but off the top of my head it would be my choice.

I want to get one and get the car charger/RF adapter so I can use it as my car stereo.

Blaque: I just heard that iPods (Pods, Mini's & shuffles) dont have a charger. YOu have to hook them up to the USB cord and use power from the computers power cord. A full charge lasts up to 18 hours. But If Im out of town for a long period of days I will have to ride on that charge untill I get back home.
Or shell out the $29-49.99 bucks for a wall charger and/or a car charger.

Is this True?

silentrage said:
I have an iPod and it is great! I have an iTrip which allows the iPod to play through my car radio (or my home radio).

A good place to find out more info about the iPod is at iPodLounge.

Thanks Silentrage. This site looks very informative.

:D

BandFan said:
Blaque: I just heard that iPods (Pods, Mini's & shuffles) dont have a charger. YOu have to hook them up to the USB cord and use power from the computers power cord. A full charge lasts up to 18 hours. But If Im out of town for a long period of days I will have to ride on that charge untill I get back home.
Or shell out the $29-49.99 bucks for a wall charger and/or a car charger.

Is this True?

Im not quite sure on the USB deal but it is possible. The next time I go by my co-workers desk I will see if this is true with his. Now the car charger that allows you play it over your car stereo is a must have to me.

It comes with a AC charger or you may charge it with the firewire port on your computer. A car charger can also be purchased which allows you to charge it your vehicle.

I have the Belkin one which is $39.99.

FUL1_F8V7058-APL.jpg

SilentRage: Do they have a charger that plugs up to the wall? and how much is it?

The AC charger comes with the iPod . It is not a separate cost.

However, it is a separte purchase with the iPodmini. My mistake, I didn't realize the iPodmini didn't come with an AC charger. According to the Apple website the iPod USB power adapter is $29.99.

It looks the iPodmini comes with a USB adapter and not a Firewire adapter. A firewire adapter can be purchased separately.

silentrage said:
The AC charger comes with the iPod . It is not a separate cost.

However, it is a separte purchase with the iPodmini. My mistake, I didn't realize the iPodmini didn't come with an AC charger. According to the Apple website the iPod USB power adapter is $29.99.

It looks the iPodmini comes with a USB adapter and not a Firewire adapter. A firewire adapter can be purchased separately.

Im getting the iPodmini this weekend. So with the USB adampter I can only charge it through my PC?
Im sorry for asking so many questions. This is very new to me.

Yes, I think it is charged through the computer. If you want an external charger you have to pay extra. If you take a look at the iPod page on the Apple website I'm sure you can get a lot of your questions answered.

silentrage said:
Yes, I think it is charged through the computer. If you want an external charger you have to pay extra. If you take a look at the iPod page on the Apple website I'm sure you can get a lot of your questions answered.

Thank you SilentRage.

:) Can wait untill 4:30 so I can get my iPod mini. :D

Since like 6:00 pm on Friday ALL IVE BEEN doing is iPODING!!!!!

Man Apple has saved my life with this thing. I have 167 songs on it and I still have room for like 800 more.

So far my playlists are

Brooklyns Finest (all Brooklyn side songs)
Dirty Souf
NEO SOUL Groove
Ultimate St. Louis - (Nelly, St. Lunatics, Chingy, etc etc)
East Coast All Stars
2005 R&B
OUTKAST Revolution - Nothing but OUTKAST
Colaborations
The ELEMENTS - (all Earth, Wind & Fire)

BandFan said:
Since like 6:00 pm on Friday ALL IVE BEEN doing is iPODING!!!!!

Man Apple has saved my life with this thing. I have 167 songs on it and I still have room for like 800 more.

So far my playlists are

Brooklyns Finest (all Brooklyn side songs)
Dirty Souf
NEO SOUL Groove
Ultimate St. Louis - (Nelly, St. Lunatics, Chingy, etc etc)
East Coast All Stars
2005 R&B
OUTKAST Revolution - Nothing but OUTKAST
Colaborations
The ELEMENTS - (all Earth, Wind & Fire)

I want to see you post in 30 days that you listen to your IPOD at least 4 hours a week.

pv_symbiotic said:
I want to see you post in 30 days that you listen to your IPOD at least 4 hours a week.

I'own know about Band Fan...

But I use mine in the car (instead of cds)...

and I bring it in with me at work (all music all day). :nod:

Shoot...I threw on another 20 or so tracks last night that I didn't have cds for. :D

*side note*
If you like true hip hop...I recommend checking out Little Brother and Foreign Exchange :cool:

*currently listening to "Razzamatazz" by Quincy Jones featuring Patti Austin*

I need the car adaptor, and I dont have a tape deck.

Does Apple have an adaptor for the car that you can plug into the charter (cigaretter lighter) and still use your car speakers?

BandFan said:
I need the car adaptor, and I dont have a tape deck.

Does Apple have an adaptor for the car that you can plug into the charter (cigaretter lighter) and still use your car speakers?

Yes!

The iTrip that Silentrage mentioned and the moster cable icarplayer both trasmit through your FM stereo.

There are MANY different types...just get your search on!

iTrip has been garbage for me so far. I can't find a station in Atlanta to get a good signal.

JagsPride said:
iTrip has been garbage for me so far. I can't find a station in Atlanta to get a good signal.

The iTrip doesn't work well in cities that have a lot of radio stations. It is too difficult to find a station that has a weak signal. I've noticed that when I'm driving to ATL from Athens I can use my iTrip for a little while. However, as I get closer and closer to metro ATL it doesn't work very well. Once I leave ATL and get about an hour on the otherside it works again.

OKAY, iPOD mini was so 3 weeks ago.

Time to get an iPOD nano. Man that thing is so light and it as great storage capacity on it.

Time to blow that Bonus check on some crap.
:D

Back