Inter-Racial Dating

i don't and i wouldn't. i mean i just don't think i would be feelin the situation. plus it seems as if i'm only attracted to black men(especially the dark skinned ones) so if there is no chemistry, there's nothing. i've always been around my culture, up until now(cause i go to school with the pinks) and really i don't think any other race or culture can relate to me like a black man could, ya know. we wouldn't see eye to eye with a lot of things, a that a conflict from the start.

"L" yes!!!

The woman I am falling in love with is Indian (Not American Indian). But it goes beyond that. We are just feeling each other.

I say u like who u like, but as someone else previously stated, folks act like outside your race is only white, u have a whole lot of other races aside from black and white. I need to go to Texas, Florida, or New York, and see what's up with the Latin mamis:eek2:

Interesting question.

My current philosophy is that you should date who you wanna' regardless of skin tone/ethnicity. I never dated a sistah before the age of 23, so... (while @ PV or Howard) Even now, I'm the only male, of my maternal grandparents, of 16 other male first cousins who even married a sistah. My male cousins either married or exclusively date women of non-color. Even several of my female cousins are either married or exclusively date white/latin guys. Our family reunions are a trrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiippppppppp.... The elder family units be looking @ the mixed kids like :confused: <b>"Who's half-breed bab-eeee is dat' one rat' dere!"</b> :confused: :mad: My wife feels somewhat "uncomfortable" visiting my hometown because of the "atmosphere" and my past (which I cannot deny). It's almost like interracial is perpetual amongst the younger generation. I <b>hope</b> my nieces there don't follow suit. As for the guys, well... :shame:

red and yellow, black and white, they are all precious in his site

I say talk to whoever regardless of color.

Love knows no boundries

If God can love us all regardless of skin color than so should we.

Some say that only black men/women can relate to us which is true to a degree. Some times we act as if we are the only ones with problems. What about the Indians, Arabians, and Orientals. Hell even white folks have their problems.

So to sum it all up just open your hearts and let love work its course. You never know what you missing out by holding one's skin color against them. They may be all you ever dreamed of in a partner but because they are pink (as the young lady referred to white people) or yellow, or red, we can't relate. Relating to some one is not the basis of a relationship. If it were than you would have alot of miserable couples that only grip and complain. Their reason being because the other "feels where I come from"

My brother is gonna marry his white girlfriend pretty soon and my brother-in-law married a white woman. I personally LOVE to see interracial couples. It tears down more walls than it 'puts' up.

I also don't see a problem with black guys who only date white girls, just like I don't see a problem with black girls who only date black men. What ever your preference is, good!

People don't ask you who they can date, but still have the nerve to look at you funny when you walk by them in the mall with someone of a different color.

I have a black female cousin who HATES to see black men with white women. She gives interracial couples ugly stares and makes rude comments where they can hear them.

She's like, "These white girls are just trying to take our strong black men and the brothas only go for it because white girls put up with stuff that sistas don't put up with." I told her that I went to PVU and saw first hand our 'black queens' putting up with ANY & Everything from our 'brothas' everyday. I also know that my brother treats his white girlfriend like the 'queen' she is. I look at all of God's females as queens, not just black women, and think all should be treated as such. It goes both ways. I've never heard of a good reason for people not to 'mix' when dating or marrying.

I say, Pray:idea: about who God wants you to be with, let Him lead you to him or her, and go for them. Forget what people think, especially since most of the haters don't have anyone themselves.

Anyways, I love to see Real relationships with Real commitment nowadays, even interracial ones.

;)

It's ironic because my white friend has a puerto rican wife, and my other black friend has a hispanic wife. My future wife is black.

We hang out a lot and just find out little difference between our signicant others, nothing major. Except they say their wives would probably pull out a knife if she got mad enough......hummmm....

Looking at their current situation I would probably give it a try if I were single, but I'm not, so I won't. So my answer is No/Yes

I don't have a problem with it personally, because I have done it myself. I haven't received any negative feedback from it or maybe I have and just chose to ignore it. I don't know.

I don't care if someone choses to date outside of his or race. It's about what an individual likes, not about what society as a whole believes although they do play a major role in the situation.

luv sees no color.....

I would date someone out of my race; It's not my first choice, but if he's not on some bullcrap, then I'd give him a chance.....He at least deserves that. There are men of all colors that are dogs, as well as men of all colors that are gentlemen that know how to treat a woman.

But there's nothing like being in the arms of a man with that chocolate/ or carmel complexion and smooth skin.

Sure I would. Just so long as we on are the same planet. Don't get me wrong. I love my sistas, but they aren't the only ones that give love, strength, a challenge, wisdom, and will be by yourside. Don't be fooled into thinking that ALL black women will have your back, as with all women for that matter.

Just my 2 cents.

If I were single, I wouldn't. Never have, never will.

I lived in NW Arkansas for 2 years and couldn't bring myself to even hold a 15 minute conversation with someone outside the race. That's a place where if you are over 25 and single, YOUR WHITE.

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
If I were single, I wouldn't. Never have, never will.

I lived in NW Arkansas for 2 years and couldn't bring myself to even hold a 15 minute conversation with someone outside the race. That's a place where if you are over 25 and single, YOUR WHITE.

Man You Shole is right. I spent a week in Fayetteville once and boy talk about being a fly in the milk..... :smh:

Back