Indy Won?

Re: Re: Re: Forget that call on Uncle Ben's Rice......

Originally posted by DAHILL
Yes.... u must not have seen Terrell Owens play lmao

T.O. is such a baby :whine: I wouldn't give him 25 MIL to play for the 49ers

Re: Leaping penalty on Rice was correct

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
NFL: Leaping penalty on Rice was correct
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) _ The NFL upheld the penalty on leaping Simeon Rice, a call that gave the Indianapolis Colts a second chance at a field goal that beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in overtime.

STILL ........................ This had to be the all-time b.s call in history. He jumped up without assistance ...... and by the time he came down, the d-line had been pushed back to where he jumped up. What was he going to do ............ flap his arms and stay up in the air. I'm glad the Colts won, but that was a garbage call.:cool:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Re: Leaping penalty on Rice was correct

Originally posted by jstate83
STILL ........................ This had to be the all-time b.s call in history. He jumped up without assistance ...... and by the time he came down, the d-line had been pushed back to where he jumped up. What was he going to do ............ flap his arms and stay up in the air. I'm glad the Colts won, but that was a garbage call.:cool:

I think that the penalty would not have been called if he wasnt 5-6 yards away from the line of scrimmage. If he was closer, than he would have gotten away with it.

Originally posted by Suge
Man that was one helluva game last night. I am glad that I flipped back over after wacthing Derek Lowe punk the A's!! And to think I almost went to sleep!!

Yeah we can all say that it was a bad call on S. Rice. But according to the rule book, it was the right call. Similar to the "Tuck" rule with Brady 2 years ago. It was actually the right call. We all complain about refs blowing calls and not making the right calls, but when they do, we still roast them for that. Regardless of if you agree with the call or the timing of the call, it was the proper call........

But it shouldn't have come down to that anyway. the Bucs defense just got worked in the second half. And I have to disagree with you Tone about the Prevent defense! The prevent works, you have to play deep and guard against the deep ball at the end of games. It was more blown coverages by the Bucs than it was the prevent defense. Plus you have to give Manning credit. he made the right reads and his WR made the tough catches in te 4th quater when they needed to!

I like Key, so yall get off his back. Somebody said there are 15 better WR in the league than Key? Come on, you have got to be kidding me. The man catches nearly 100 passes a year. On a consitent bases. just because he doesn't make the spectacular catch al R. Moss, or is the fastest like Coles, doesn't mean he isn't one of the best. he is still a Top 10 WR in the league. Only Moss, Owens, Coles, Smith, Harrison, K. Robinson are better than Key.

Sapp..is just mouth. He has had 2 good season in his career, the rest has just been sound bites. McFarland is the better DT on the team.

Suge, catching a 100 passes nowadays is the equivalent of a rb getting a 1000 yards. It doesn't carry the same weight it once did. Kinda like the 3000yd Qb. Just think Vinny Testaverde just passed up Johnny Unitas to get in the 40k club. And we know he was not that good. Just benefitted from the new offenses these days.

Anyway, Keyshawn is still way overated. He only caught 100 passes one year and that was in 2001 when he caught 106. He also has had only 4 1000 yd seasons in 7previous seasons and has no more than 10 Tds just one time. So he aint lived up to the hype he talks. He may be in the top 25, but here are the guys ole JR would take over him anyday.

1. Randy Moss
2. Terrell Owens
3. Jimmy Smith
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Eric Moulds
6. Torry Holt
7. Hines Ward
8. Laverneous Coles
9. Koren Robinson
10.Plaxicco Burress
11. Isaac Bruce
12.Joe Horn
13.Rod Smith
14. Jerry Rice (still had a better year than Key and is on pace for another one)
15. Charles Rogers (rookie)
15. Anquan Boldin (rookie)

I do agree with you about Sapp vs "Booger" Mc Farland. His DL helps his cause. D Brooks is the man on "D"

But here is overated K. Johnson career stats.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1265

Re: Leaping penalty on Rice was correct

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
NFL: Leaping penalty on Rice was correct
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) _ The NFL upheld the penalty on leaping Simeon Rice, a call that gave the Indianapolis Colts a second chance at a field goal that beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in overtime.

Rice was penalized Monday night for unsportsmanlike conduct after jumping in an attempt to block Mike Vangerjagt's unsuccessful 40-yard field goal. Vanderjagt received another chance and made a 29-yarder that caromed off the right upright.

The Colts won 38-35 in overtime after rallying from a three-touchdown deficit in the last four minutes of regulation.

The league confirmed Tuesday what referee Johnnie Grier said after the game: The rules ban running forward, leaping and falling on a player, as Rice did.

Rule 12, section three, article two calls for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on a player ``clearly running forward and leaping in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or try-kick after touchdown and landing on players unless the leaping player was originally lined up within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped.''

Now, having seen this, I agree with the call the refs made. I wasn't sure what the rule was. I thought that the player had to use a team mate to get the extra leverage. Now that I see what the rule says, the refs made the correct call. However, the Bucs should have never got to that point!!

The Bucs choked and that's all that matters!!! Best defense my arse!!

That was an incredible comeback. After Barber scored the TD, I went to work on my computer. But when I saw the score over ESPN.com, I turned on the TV.

As for Keyshawn, he is good but not great. He overrates himself. It is good to be confident. But if one is going to talk the talk, they need to walk the walk. As for the T.O. and Keyshawn comparison, at least T.O. produces catches and touchdowns on the field. Clearly, the best receiver on that field Monday night was Marvin Harrison.

As for bad calls, the Colts got a bad call on the ruffing the kicker. The Colt defender did not touch the punter. Or said another way the punter did a good job of acting in overtime.

Remember how Dungy was let go. There were the Parcells' rumors, and Dungy was shown the door in a rude way from Tampa Bay. I am sure that this went through a few minds.

Originally posted by JR

1. Randy Moss
2. Terrell Owens
3. Jimmy Smith
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Eric Moulds
6. Torry Holt
7. Hines Ward
8. Laverneous Coles
9. Koren Robinson
10.Plaxicco Burress
11. Isaac Bruce
12.Joe Horn
13.Rod Smith
14. Jerry Rice (still had a better year than Key and is on pace for another one)
15. Charles Rogers (rookie)
15. Anquan Boldin (rookie)

Come on JR, you have got to be kidding me...........I love the saints, But Joe Horn is not better than Key, Neither is Isaac Bruce anymore. Jerry was better, and Charles Rogers hasn't done anything yet, and Boldin had 1 big game.......I'm not buying into that hype! I'll give you the rest though......

Back