Im not a prophet

Get Ready

But I play one on the internet. Last year I posed the question on the board, "Can JSU and SU save the SWAC from itself?" Unfortunately, we did not. When the SWAC office dreamed of the SCG, they did it with the thought that JSU and SU would participate in this game every year, or at least until it got off the ground. It would have been an novel idea, if this game had been initiated 5 years ago. Last year was the worst case scenario for the SWAC office. Before the game partially got where it needed to be, two teams that were not well coached, had poor fan support, and were about as exciting as a Chrysler K Car, slipped into this game. This was the nightmare that Rudy hadnt planned for.

Im telling you guys right now, the SWAC office can not stand another performance like last years. We can not have two teams in this game that couldnt draw flies if they were rotting on the field. No one is interested enough to watch this mess on TV. If you were at home, and GSU vs. AAMU was on channel 5 and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman was on channel 8, what would you watch. Exactly, you would watch Dr. Quinn Medicine woman too. BET knows this. But I digress :emlaugh:

If the SWAC is going to be saved, and if the SCG is going to have any life, any interest, any chance, then Robert Kent must be the feature presentation. Now, it would be nice to play SU, but Kent will be enough to draw the crowd needed for the SWAC and for the viewing audience. If you guys love the SWAC, you will be cheering for the best team, the best player, the best QB in the SWAC. His name is Robert Kent.

Can JSU and SU saved the SWAC from itself? The audience will want to see Kent and Hayes. Will they be stuck with uuuh that dude and that other dude. If JSU/Robert Superman Kent and SU doesnt save the SWAC, who will. If WE dont, WHO will? The Man above knows we cant stand another year like the last one.

bbvine.gif

Still swinging.

Let's face the fact, a SU-JSU game would draw well simply because SUcks travels with it's team when they are winning. The majority of the fans at all JSU-SU games are always Jaguars...even in Jackson.

You need to realize that folk are LTAO at your ridiculous assertions about attendance when you could only get 9K at home against your traditional rival.

I guess we will only speculate what "could have been" because neither you nor SUcks will be advancing to the Championship game [SIZE=5.5]AGAIN![/SIZE]

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So there were more SU people in Jackson, The SCG, and SD than Jackson folk? whaaaateva....your hate shows again.

Please dont talk about attendance Graaaaaambling.

Originally posted by Get Ready
So there were more SU people in Jackson, The SCG, and SD than Jackson folk? whaaaateva....your hate shows again.

Please dont talk about attendance Graaaaaambling.

You know it's true...The two highest attendance home games for you is SUcks and GREATNESS. You're good at finding numbers, go to your archives and prove me wrong. Why does proving yall wrong equals hate? Bruh yall really need to get a grip over there in the Sippi!

Everyone sees it but you Mafians and Saggs...both of your programs are becoming the also rans of the SWAC. SUcks was able to put off the inevitable for one season. Our streak of kicking your spam cans began last season. We're gonna beat yall again this year. SUcks will get their's this year...oh yessuh!

Let's not forget the 3,200 at the New Haven game, and the 9,000 at the TxSU game. I hear women could have picked berries in the pasture on the day of the TxSU game. Even the New Haven game was a berry-pickin day.

It rained cats and dogs during Gram/Alabama St., and we had 14-15,000 umbrellas in the stands. Everyone saw the 1999 contest featuring Buffalo/southern was dominated by su.

GR, Gram and an Alabama school will be in the SCG again.

Having been to Jackson, BR and Monroe, I can understand why so many attend your games. There is nothing to do in any of these cities. If it wasn't for the McDonald's and Dairy Queens the cities would go broke.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Having been to Jackson, BR and Monroe, I can understand why so many attend your games. There is nothing to do in any of these cities. If it wasn't for the McDonald's and Dairy Queens the cities would go broke.

Mighty Dog...

You really haven't been to "Monroe". I'm talking about THE REAL Monroe. The part that is known as FUNroe...You would have had a good time (up until you go out of line and got your azz whipped and woman took)!:cool:

Mike,

Why are you always trying to project Grambling as some type of attendance interest. I can take the smack, no problem, but dont just flat out lie. Nobody comes to watch Grambling play at home or on the road. Be honest with yourself, because your lies wont make it with me man.

The only way Grambling is even our third highest attended game at home is when yall are out homecoming beyotch. This year, it will go as follows: SU, Alcorn, Homecoming, Grambling, Pine Bluff. So take that usual garbage you are talking somewhere else.

Since the SCG last year, Grambling should be the very last team talking about attendance. I walked in 30 minutes before kickoff and the only Grambling fans there were players parents.

MD

Did you say something about nothing to do is a city? You must not live in Huntsville or Bham.

My point is that, if JSU does not make the SCG this year, the SWAC may not survive as we know it. I know for sure that we cant stand for a team like Grambling to make it again. The game, attendance, and the whole show was a shame. As poor as that game was, the people who did go last year certainly wont go back. And then when you mixed two invalid teams, you get the travesty we witnessed last year. Unprofessional Unplanned Unwatchable

Last year proved that the SWAC is only as strong as JSU. As JSU goes, so goes the SWAC. You should all be pulling for JSU if you want the SWAC to survive. We might be the only team that can survive on our own.

We can save the SWAC beacuse we have:

The most fan support

The most tradition

The best player

The most marketable team

The SOG without JSU is just another meaningless classic.

Even though AAMU outnumbered GSU, I still think that AAMU was the problem. Sure the BAMA's came out because it was in their state. If JSU meets Gram, the simple tradition of these two teams will pull out the BCF fan. Half of those BAMA's would still come to the game but you would also get more Gram fans interested and even some SU fans would travel to see this game. No one wanted to see Gram play smalltime AAMU but some BAMA's. JSU would also pull support from Alcorn and Valley. JSU-Gram would attact a lot more than AAMU-Gram.

The SCG without JSU is like cornflakes without the milk and suga. you just got plain ole cornflakes.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Shaking my head on this one........

That's TP if I've ever read any of his posts.

If JSU would've, could've, and in your eyes 'should've' taken care of business last year, you wouldn't have any of these problems.

The way I see it, look for JSU to be sitting at home doing some Christmas shopping again this year.

Apparently fans would rather do Christmas shopping than suffer through a game like last year's.

GR, during the basketball trip to GSU with a stop over in Jackson, I did a little survey while at GSU. I walked the campus during practice and talked to a lot of folks. At Ryan's the only eating place in town, I discussed political questions with some GSU students and alums who were eating out. Most of the folks didn't know GSU had a basketball team that night. They asked us what are you all doing in Grambling? They had no idea that I was conducting a survey.

The reason, I visit your campuses is that we must understand the enemy, how you think, what you eat (very important because we could take advantage of you while you take care of a personal matter) what type of cars you drive( 7 of 10 drive pickup trucks), and the amount of gold around the neck and in the mouth.

Those of you know I like to gather facts for the SWACPage. GR, said that smack is funny if you have facts and add 10% of smack.

For example, the frist time I visited Jackson, they had a few NAIA banners in the gym, but on my last visit, they put up new banners of all the championships they have won. I pointed this out to robber, and he tried to tell me they had been up for year. No dust or fade could be seen on any of the banners. But he did not know I took pictures on my first visit. I even gave robber a little token of my appreciation.

One of the key questions I asked.

Did you attend the SCG?

90% of them said No.

I asked why?

They said after attending the BC, they didn't have any money.

It was not about which teams played.

While at SU, doing my survey in the parking lot, 70% of their fans did not spend one day at SU. They support SU because of the total dislike for LSU. They mentioned something about not being able to attend the Boy Scout Jamboree that was held every year on the campus of LSU.

See I talk to the old folks and the young.

Back to Mike Bigg, if you find something to do in Grambling I will be at the Holiday Inn with my hat on my head. If My sister............

At the corn, the student were protesting, so I didn't get a chance to talk to any of them on our first visit.

I'm not surprised about the apathy towards Men's Basketball at GSU. Our record has not been very good the past several seasons, and also North Louisiana is predominantly football - with heavy emphasis on High School Football.

However, I find it "odd" that students of the University did not know about the game. Afterall, SWAC games are played on a "set" day each week. Either you are the biggest liar to leave Alabama since George Wallace changed his racial views, the students were "bs"ing you, or these were not GSU students... (Did they have on La Tech gear? Were they African American?) You Bamains are so easily "hoodwinked"!

Originally posted by MikeBigg
I'm not surprised about the apathy towards Men's Basketball at GSU. Our record has not been very good the past several seasons, and also North Louisiana is predominantly football - with heavy emphasis on High School Football.

However, I find it "odd" that students of the University did not know about the game. Afterall, SWAC games are played on a "set" day each week. Either you are the biggest liar to leave Alabama since George Wallace changed his racial views, the students were "bs"ing you, or these were not GSU students... (Did they have on La Tech gear? Were they African American?) You Bamains are so easily "hoodwinked"!

:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

MD, you have only visit the "Corn" once. I'm appalled.

Next time, let me know before you go and I'll arrange a meeting between you and "Sam." If you do not know who "Sam" is, just ask anyone on campus;)

Is Sam like the official greeter at PVAM. Now that guy took care of us. He told security he was in charge. He helped park the bus and gave us a quick run down about the campus.

DC, the students were protesting and if it had not been for the JSU folks who drove down from Jackson, no one would have been on your side of the field.

Big Mike, when I am doing my official visits, I make sure those I interview are for real. I can normally tell if they are GSU folks, because of they have a #6 wrinkled brown paper bags in their hand with LA wine. It was worst than being at UAPB. UAPB fans came over on our side last year and were giving us pure "L". They had some of those skins taken from pork shoulders and grease on their shirts and so on. I have to admit the skins looked good. But I don't see how the guy with no front teeth were eating them. I do take pictures.

Big Mike if you need another chance to make a good impression let me know before Sep. I am not going back down in the lower seat again. This is the first game I watch underground. In addition, I am going to ask coach not to have the players leave the field, because of that hill. Also make sure they put AAMU on the scoreboard and not the University Of Alabama.:D

KA, life is good.

Originally posted by Get Ready
My point is that, if JSU does not make the SCG this year, the SWAC may not survive as we know it. I know for sure that we cant stand for a team like Grambling to make it again. The game, attendance, and the whole show was a shame. As poor as that game was, the people who did go last year certainly wont go back. And then when you mixed two invalid teams, you get the travesty we witnessed last year. Unprofessional Unplanned Unwatchable

Last year proved that the SWAC is only as strong as JSU. As JSU goes, so goes the SWAC. You should all be pulling for JSU if you want the SWAC to survive. We might be the only team that can survive on our own.

POPPYCOCK!!!

Back