I'm diabetic

It's all good fellow Jag.....

Originally posted by Timbuktu Jag
Dtown

Every time I see the D-town I think of downtown. I don't know why....:cool:

I didn't think you meant anything bad TimJAG...just messin' with ya.

:p

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man, I need to come over this way more often........

I need to check this stuff out. The last time I was checked, everything was normal, but I do catch a couple of symptoms that Kenn had every now and then.

My father and father's mother both had diabetes. My grandmother (God rest her soul) had to take the injections. My father just watched his diet, was on pills for a couple of years, and is fair. He has been having problems with circulation that I'm sure is a by-product of diabetes.

I'm going to check the site posted because anything that could potentially mess with me drinking out of my Big Arse Glasses is going to piss me off to the highest of piss-tivity.

:D

And I'm not giving up my 15% stake in Popeye's neither ! :)

Look at the time, I've got to hit the gym !!

Dtown,

You know I feel bout that "D" in Dtown !
:ebrow:

Re: Man, I need to come over this way more often........

Originally posted by phatback

Dtown,

You know I feel bout that "D" in Dtown !
:ebrow:

Hey Phatusbackus....:wavey:

Re: Re: Thanks bruh....

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

It only stands for the city I'm representin' right now, which is Dallas....of course others will have difference of opinion, just for the sake of doing so.:p

:p :p It could stand for what this thread is about .... Diabetics

Ok, Downtown......

Ken, this is very unfortunate news. Yet, you can still manage just as someone mentioned above. I did a rotation in Diabeties Care, and I can't stress enough the importance of sticking to the plan. But I think you've heard enough about that.

One thing I wanna leave with ya is....

It takes a combination of both you and the medication to keep things intact. Remember that your diet and excerise habits from this day forward hold the key to success in managing your diabetes.

Take care of yourself. If you have any questions about your medications (if they choose to start you on one), feel free to ask me.

Wow Kenn, I'm sorry to hear that. But, as the experience responses have stated, it all depends on how well you follow your doctors instructions. You are a smart guy with a family that loves you, so I know you will do the right thang.

To be honest, I'm scare of what I'm doing to myself, especially for as long as I've know you (around 1998). I've been so involve with my alumni, the black college alumni association here in Dallas, my job, the kids and a couple of other things until my eating habits have become very bad and my excercising doesn't exist anymore. Yet, the doctors and Carter Bloodcare don't find any problems when they check me. I count it a merciful blessing and I'm starting to work on doing better. Diabetics run in my family. Most of moms sibblings have or had it. See has put herself on a form of a diet to prevent herself from joining them. this is why my bad habit lifestyle is a big concern of mines.

Do what the doctors say my brother. I look forward to seeing you again.

PEACE!!!

All by myself.....

Well, I'll throw in this little joke:

I guess it's safe to assume that all the Dallas-area folks with Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Poor-Eating-Habits, Overweight, Unfit, Fallen-Arches, and Iron-deficient Blood, WON'T be meeting me for lunch today at the Whataburger on Northwest Highway across from Sam's.......:D :lmao:

I hate eatin' alone......

Re: All by myself.....

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90

I guess it's safe to assume that all the Dallas-area folks with Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Poor-Eating-Habits, Overweight, Unfit, Fallen-Arches, and Iron-deficient Blood, WON'T be meeting me for lunch today at the Whataburger on Northwest Highway across from Sam's.......:D :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: All by myself.....

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! That's too far from me in N. Dallas and Addision.

PEACE!!!

Back