• MILES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALBANY STATE

• CLARK ATLANTA UNIVERSITY

• Total voters

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I would rather see Albany State instead of MO B. Morris Brown isnt good in ANY sport. They would become another PV or UAPB (minus football) if they got in the SWAC. Albany St has as better overall program than MO B.

With Tenn St, they have a good football team, but that is ALL they could bring the SWAC. Well the womens track team is good also. They are horrible in every other sport.

Tennessee State & Tuskegee.

Because of the past couple of years and seeing how Skeegee's football program is moving forward, I would rather see them instead of Morris Brown. Last year they were 12-0.

Originally posted by G-QUE
Tennessee State & Tuskegee.

Because of the past couple of years and seeing how Skeegee's football program is moving forward, I would rather see them instead of Morris Brown. Last year they were 12-0.

The SWAC consist of more than FOOTBALL.

DH,

Your Football Program is your Primary money-maker. The success of your Football program sometimes carries the weight of your other sports.

Originally posted by Get Ready
kick out A&M and bring in MOB, TnSU, and Tuskegee.

I was going to agree with G-Que until I saw this. I think TSU and TU are the better teams and schools. I feel we need an ATL presence but with the Peach State Classic we may be getting ready to receive that. Since MBC is 1-AA, I would choose them over CAU, but not by much. So yeah let's get rid of A&M and bring in three more....
but then we would be giving up that great volleyball and bowling team :shrugs shoulder : Oh well....:(

Piss on 'dem "tiny tiggers'.............

Kick that lil 'tiny tigger' poon tang arse out and bring on TN St,
Mo Brown and 'Skeegee.

From a geographical standpoint, Paul Quinn and Langston. Both have SWAC history and are in the <b>SouthWest</b>. Tennessee State, well...

I'm still trying to figure out why SWAC expansion was allowed into an EST timezone :confused: . Seems like 2 conferences need to be created or new divisional alignments (true eastern vs true western along w/ 2 competivity tier levels - upper vs lower). I'm sure that all current SWAC school budgets can weather the escalating travel costs associated w/ sending non-revenue producing teams half-way across America :rolleyes:. On bus mind you :rolleyes:.

I stand behind the PQ and LU addition. A 2,000,000 mile commute to Talla, Fla is not attractive nor is a 1,000,000 mile commute to Atl. <b>SouthWest</b> Athletic Conference or South And East Athletic Conference?

Tennessee St. and Florida A&M

Yes, Florida A&M.

FAMU has left the MEAC before (around 1984), so don't be totally shocked if they do it again.

It makes more sense geographically for them to be in the SWAC, than the MEAC. FAMU is closer to Alabama State than they are to any MEAC school other than Bethune.

Tuskegee would also be a good choice.

Originally posted by DAHILL
With Tenn St, they have a good football team, but that is ALL they could bring the SWAC. Well the womens track team is good also. They are horrible in every other sport.

DAHILL, you sound as if the SWAC has a reputation for great teams in other sports. So we couldn't compete with the SWAC in anything else?:confused:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Panthro
From a geographical standpoint, Paul Quinn and Langston. Both have SWAC history and are in the <b>SouthWest</b>. Tennessee State, well...

I'm still trying to figure out why SWAC expansion was allowed into an EST timezone :confused: . Seems like 2 conferences need to be created or new divisional alignments (true eastern vs true western along w/ 2 competivity tier levels - upper vs lower). I'm sure that all current SWAC school budgets can weather the escalating travel costs associated w/ sending non-revenue producing teams half-way across America :rolleyes:. On bus mind you :rolleyes:.

I stand behind the PQ and LU addition. A 2,000,000 mile commute to Talla, Fla is not attractive nor is a 1,000,000 mile commute to Atl. <b>SouthWest</b> Athletic Conference or South And East Athletic Conference?

Pis...er ahhh Panthro....,

You mean you want this????
PAUL QUINN OR PRAIRIE VIEW
Usually I try to refrain from picking on poor Prairie View. Their struggles
have been well documented. But Paul Quinn? All I could find out on their
web site was their schedule, which in seven games includes teams like
Ranger Junior College, Southwest Assemblies of God and Southern Nazarone
University. Are they kidding with those games? Was Sister Mary's School for
the Blind unavailable? Think about it...Prairie View is the best quality
team they play. I wouldn't doubt if this was a money game, with Prairie
View the one paying. Imagine that - Prairie View paying for a win. [/qoute]

Oh okay I get it this is the SMACK zone. Whew for a moment there I thought you were serious. Paul Quinn.......hahahaha

LOL like Panthro @ Panthro bwahahahahahahha.... got dog!!!:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Mkay........

Okay, I'll bite.

BengalE, #1, I didn't know that PV was poor? :confused: Hell, Hines is probably figuring that we SHOULDN'T increase our scholarship cnt because we're ACTIVELY competing w/ other teams in the SWAC. LOL Your 2000 SWAC champs struggled to score 40, your 2000 2nd place Western div team struggled to score 17, we beat a scholarship laden Eastern div team. Shall I continue? LOL Hell, we're competitive in every sport w/out full allotment of scholarships (check the records). Is it that we're "poor" or SWAC competition is dismal at best? LOL :D

#2, I say PQ and LU because of proximity. C'mon now. We all know dayum well that NOBODY from Tx will WANT to go all the way to Fla or even Ga for a football game and vice versa. Realistically. PVers and TxSUers are the most western teams and travel would be a struggle for teams, right? It's no secret that Cooley wants PQ to go I-AA and I could've sworn that I caught the same sentiment from LU a few months ago. So, why not realign or add them?

Nashville is a stretch (to me) and Atlanta is w/out a doubt too far of a stretch. Too much distance. We'd do better to add SHSU, SFA, McNeese (+), Nicholls, ... before adding FAMU or TnSU.

My .02.

I would say TNSt and Tuskegee.

TNSt will bring another highly recognized team to the conference and they would also bring together four of the top teams in Black College history (SU, JSU, GSU), which would be great for HBCU football. They would also give more credability to the SWAC in the 1-AA eyes.

Tuskegee would be great for their recent success and also the amount of alumni support that they get. Adding them would be the Cinderella story of D2 power moving to the big time. The only problem with them is that they do not like the tag of being an athletic school. The only reason that they are enjoying the success that they are having on the grid-iron is because Comegy is the Coach/AD. Maybe moving up will be good for them. I have heard rumors down in Booker T Land

Originally posted by Bengal E

But Paul Quinn? All I could find out on their
web site was their schedule, which in seven games includes teams like
Ranger Junior College, Southwest Assemblies of God and Southern Nazarone
University. Are they kidding with those games? Was Sister Mary's School for
the Blind unavailable?
You sure that wasnt the Texas Southern schedule?

Panthro's suggestion isn't so far-fetched in terms of geographical attractiveness for all Western Division schools. They are especially appealing to PVU and TxSU because of the exisiting rivalries.

TN. State for Now.

If FAMU ever decides this would also be a good choice.

About Skeegee: We already have mid and lower tier teams and across the board (basketbal, football ect.) the choice would impact our conference power rating adversely.

My opinion with no pun intended: A New D-2 league should be formed in the Southwest: Prairie View, Mississippi Valley, Skegee(proabably would stay in the SIAC) P.Quinn, Langston, Arkansas PB.

JROCK kicking knowledge.

If the level of support and competivity dictates, I couldn't agree w/ JROCK more. "L", you may as well throw TxSU in that mix too. Kinda' looks like the old SWAC. :)

The existing rivalries/money games could still be maintained (GSU, SU, JSU, ... - hopefully). I'm still not 100% sure if PV should still be in that mix though. We seem to compete w/ what we currently offer (to a certain degree).

Currently, we do have and had a Div 2 squad. I'm not certain that we're maintaining that level in the future though.

Back