If you could perform with any group one time, who would it be?

Originally posted by Legend35
Because I absolutely hate most of the comercial music today. I can't get into a song unless I can identify with the lyrics through my own personal experiences. I can just identify with his music so much and that big band sound behind him with those bright horns just does something to me. You got Sinatra singing with tremendous expression and that band matching that mood in their playing. Those cats were swinging on some serious music!!!! When I talk to people about Sinatra,....they look at me as if I have lost my mind!!! I also know that most young people can't relate to that style of music,..........................yet. :)

I'm a Frank Sinatra fan .. I have one of his cd's.

I almost forgot.

Truly one of the major reason why I like Sinatra is because at a time when it was dangerous to treat blacks and other minority races of people as human beings,.... Sinatra said screw the norm and helped a lot of people regardless of race. The one who was like a little brother to him was Sammy Davis Jr. When Elvis Presley told the black man to polish his shoes, buy his records and stay out of his way,.....Sinatra did not bow down to pressure. He paid some heavy dues and risked his career for his friends and what he believed in. So, I like Frank not only because I got an Ava Gardner in my life and I understand what he was going through ....through his music,........I like Frank because Francis liked me. :)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The best groups I would like to play for are Earth Wind And Fire, Frankie B. And Maze, THe Isley Brothers, and Stevie Wonder. I will never forget that I had my chance to play for R. Kelly if the opportunity presents its self again I am taking it no matter what.

I wudda loved to be in the 'Horn Section' for any one of these cats/groups:

James Brown (in 1970, when the Funk was at it's peak)
Parliament/Funkadelic (The Mothership 1974-1984)
Rick James and the Stone City Band (just for the after-parties and the sex)
TSOP-The Sound Of Philadelphia (when they cut the Soul Train theme)
Brass Construction (what SU band would sound like if they were a R&B group)
Heatwave (at the Heidelberg)
Maze (but I'd wanna be a backgroud singer, I know all the lyrics)
S.O.S Band (all their songs are horn-friendly)
Curtis Mayfield (just to play his original arrangements)

and

Michael Jackson (who wouldn't wanna play brass on 'Off The Wall'??)

Me and my CG Conn 63J are ready to go.......

:tup::tup:

Me, Don G, I would've liked the chance to play for Earth Wind and Fire, Duke Ellington, I'd really liked to have been born to play with Sachmo as well, but back to modern day, I hope my cousin Ricky Kinchen from Mint Condition gave me the chance on my trumpet or Drum set, but hey, Stokely is like super talented and plays them all. As far as the person who had a chance to play with Kells and didn't, don't be disappointed, it really ain't worth it, he probably would have replaced you with a guitarist or string player, the stuck up punk, but he will treat you well. Other Peeps i'd play for, the whispers, Isley's heck even D'barge( probably spelled wrong), P funk, FB&M, them cats the sing Fantasy voyage.

KOINONIA w/ Phil Driscoll guesting on trumpet and Micheal Omartian guesting on keys.

It has to be one of the greatest bands of the last 30 years. Hadley Hockensmith & Dean Parks on guitars, Justo Almario and John Phillips on woodwinds, Alex Acuna on percussion, Bill Maxwell on drums, Harlan Rodgers on keys, and Abe Laboriel on bass.

Crazy.

Besides Sinatra and the big band era of musicians,....

Otis Redding, B.B. King, Tyrone Davis, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Al Green,James Brown, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Issac Hayes, Sam Cooke, and I would love to play in the rhythm section behind Musiq, Glen Jones, D'Angelo, India Arie, Nora Jones, Seleena Johnson. This is pushing it but, I always wanted to sing back up behind Patti and the woman who I consider my mother in music.

Shut up Prof. K!!!!!!:D

Back