I saw the funniest thing last night...

ravel74

I went to the insight.com bowl in phoenix az. last night and the Cal bears marching band's halftime show started w/ the DM kicking out to the 40, doing a back bend, they did a step two drill to"in the stone" went into block band played a song i couldn't reconize, then cplelled Cal in cursisive (same as us putting school initials on the field) then marched then marched off 8by5 to their fight song....

Now i know some PWC's have our style but same drills and song selections?

Plus they were playing "crazy in love" in the stands...

We (hbcu bands) have really crossed over.

Also...

I was in Baton Rouge last October when Florida Gators played LSU and Florida's band was playing Trick Daddy... I was like WTF?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by ravel74
I went to the insight.com bowl in phoenix az. last night and the Cal bears marching band's halftime show started w/ the DM kicking out to the 40, doing a back bend, they did a step two drill to"in the stone" went into block band played a song i couldn't reconize, then cplelled Cal in cursisive (same as us putting school initials on the field) then marched then marched off 8by5 to their fight song....

Now i know some PWC's have our style but same drills and song selections?

Plus they were playing "crazy in love" in the stands...

We (hbcu bands) have really crossed over.
Ya'll must remember that the 18, 19, 20 ,21 years old white bandmembers grewup when the black culture really went mainstream about 10 or 11 years ago. the age of the traditional is out the window....yeah they still will have it in their system because that is them and that is their thang, but now we are in their system too. ............ain't it funny how the very thing you look down upon somehow seems to comeup and kick you in the azz.......do ya'll remember when pwc's dancers use to dance in them dam white cow girl boots and hoops with streamers???????????? not no more, they are dancing "MAJORETTE STLYE"....times have changed.

Re: Also...

Originally posted by ravel74
I was in Baton Rouge last October when Florida Gators played LSU and Florida's band was playing Trick Daddy... I was like WTF?

Shidd I am all for it.

With schools like FAMU moving to Div IA....it's cool to have some diversity in the competition.

Of course they don't do it better than we do.:D

When Florida played Arkansas this year, inbetween a timeout they played "Hey Ya" from Andre 3000. I guess they relate to the Rock n' Roll feeling of the song or somethin'? I don't know??:confused:

Back