I pledge allegiance to the flag....

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
Yesterday the 9th district court in San Fransico ruled that the pledge of allegiance was determined to be unconstitutional.

However, the Supreme Court approved random drug tests for many public high school students Thursday, ruling that schools' interest in ridding their campuses of drugs outweighs an individual's right to privacy.

We can't say the pledge because it contains the phrase "One Nation under God"...yet we can invade student's privacy by drug testing? And you know they're going to target "US" in this drug screening.

What the hell is going on in America? If we can't be one nation under God...then why ask us to "PRAY" for the victims of 9-11. Isn't that an oxymoron? Aren't we still one nation under God praying for the lives of fellow victims??? But we just can't say it in the classroom until something bad happens.

Osama send help!!!!

The original Pledege of allegiance didn't have "One Nation Under God" in it. That was added later.

One Nation Under God?

Does anyone on the board care that the federal 9th circut court of appeals has declared "one nation under God" in the pledge of allegiance to be unconstitutional in 9 western states? It seems to be a big issue in the news today.

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Yesterday the Supreme Court ruled that the pledge of allegiance was determined to be unconstitutional.

However, the Supreme Court approved random drug tests for many public high school students Thursday, ruling that schools' interest in ridding their campuses of drugs outweighs an individual's right to privacy.

We can't say the pledge because it contains the phrase "One Nation under God"...yet we can invade student's privacy by drug testing? And you know they're going to target "US" in this drug screening.

What the hell is going on in America? If we can't be one nation under God...then why ask us to "PRAY" for the victims of 9-11. Isn't that an oxymoron? Aren't we still one nation under God praying for the lives of fellow victims??? But we just can't say it in the classroom until something bad happens.

Osama send help!!!!

Nasty,
it was not the Supreme court it was the 9th district court in San Fransico. They are right under the Supreme court. But this ruling will get thrown out.

Why thank you!!! The Pledge I said in 1st grade had "One Nation Under God" I'm not blowing up any buildings so I guess me and my classmates came out alright.

Theodore Kaczynski send help

Originally posted by jelli
The original Pledege of allegiance didn't have "One Nation Under God" in it. That was added later.

Originally posted by jelli

If we do allow them to keep it that way, then I guess that I will have to write them about my 10 legitimate concerns with our paper currency. Like to hear them, hear they go:

1. Take those Dead Presidents off the front of my money. I dont want to see "Dead People" anymore.

2. Take that lower case "L" off the dollar bill. They need to put a real number one on it.

3. Take "Federal Reserve Note" off my money. A note these days refers to "repayment". Ex. Car Note, House Note, etc.... I dont want to be reminded that I owe money to the government.:redhot:

4. Paper money need to be recycle everytime a new person is placed in the office of Treasurer of the States or Secretary of Treasury. I dont want no one names on my money if they are no longer in office.

5. On the dollar bill, take off that pyramid. Since we are having so many problems with third world countries, I dont want pyramids on my money to remind me that they are over there laughing at us about the controversy over our "Pledge of Allegiance".

6. When that lower case "L" is replaced, do not put the word "one" over it. I know my numbers and I do not need anyone to write it out for me.

7. Take off those Latin words over and under the pyramid. Very few people over here can barely speak correct "English" and I dont need Latin on my money. :redhot:

8. Take that eagle off my paper currency also. Since this "West Nile virus" thing is going around and killing all these birds, I dont want to look up one day and see a dead bird on my currency.

9. Put new designs on my paper currency. All those squiggly lines make my eyes hurt.

10. Last, but definitely not least. Take "The United States of America" off my money. We are definitely not "United" and I believe that it is a fraud to say that. The new reading should be "The States of America." :redhot:
Now if you all can vote on the Pledge of Allegiance, then you all need to look into these concerns and vote on the paper currency issues.

Signed
A concerned citizen

Black, U dun went and sed some thangs

Originally posted by Blacknbengal

If we do allow them to keep it that way, then I guess that I will have to write them about my 10 legitimate concerns with our paper currency. Like to hear them, hear they go:

1. Take those Dead Presidents off the front of my money. I dont want to see "Dead People" anymore.

2. Take that lower case "L" off the dollar bill. They need to put a real number one on it.

3. Take "Federal Reserve Note" off my money. A note these days refers to "repayment". Ex. Car Note, House Note, etc.... I dont want to be reminded that I owe money to the government.:redhot:

4. Paper money need to be recycle everytime a new person is placed in the office of Treasurer of the States or Secretary of Treasury. I dont want no one names on my money if they are no longer in office.

5. On the dollar bill, take off that pyramid. Since we are having so many problems with third world countries, I dont want pyramids on my money to remind me that they are over there laughing at us about the controversy over our "Pledge of Allegiance".

6. When that lower case "L" is replaced, do not put the word "one" over it. I know my numbers and I do not need anyone to write it out for me.

7. Take off those Latin words over and under the pyramid. Very few people over here can barely speak correct "English" and I dont need Latin on my money. :redhot:

8. Take that eagle off my paper currency also. Since this "West Nile virus" thing is going around and killing all these birds, I dont want to look up one day and see a dead bird on my currency.

9. Put new designs on my paper currency. All those squiggly lines make my eyes hurt.

10. Last, but definitely not least. Take "The United States of America" off my money. We are definitely not "United" and I believe that it is a fraud to say that. The new reading should be "The States of America." :redhot:
Now if you all can vote on the Pledge of Allegiance, then you all need to look into these concerns and vote on the paper currency issues.

Signed
A concerned citizen

My favorite of the ten is #10. U hit the nail right on the head with that one...cuz ain't a dayum thang "UNITED" about America.

Preach on brotha, preach on!!!!!!!

:tup: :tup: :tup:

The plaintiff who won that case was athiest. Does that have part of this issue? :confused:

I agree w/ the judges ruling in this case.

It SHOULD NOT be forced on anyone. I stopped saying that pledge after my 3rd grade year after listening to what I was saying. Blah blah blah with liberty and justice for all? Please. We were FORCED to recite it every freaking morning. I started having flashbacks about my first year of school-nursery or pre-K(integration started that year in 1971). I still remember those guards in those green suits walking around campus w/ their guns and being taunted by white folx. <i>Ruby Bridges</i> brought back a lot of memories... :(

There's NOT too much Godly about this country currently. There HAVEN'T been too much Godly about this country in the past either (as history has shown us). And, there CERTAINLY wasn't and ISN'T anything UNIFIED about this country currently. :mad:

Same jokers who are now "Godly" due to 9/11 are the same jokers that we don't see Sunday mornings. The most SEGREGATED day of the week is.... *drumroll please* And this is supposed to be a Christian based society? :confused: Please. I don't want my children reciting that mess. And to the republic for which it stands, one nation... Please. I'll also allow the school districts to teach them that Columbus discovered America and made a way for our ancestry to become civilized. Please.

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
Now if you all can vote on the Pledge of Allegiance, then you all need to look into these concerns and vote on the paper currency issues. Signed A concerned citizen

Uh.....technically, the States are united.

Originally posted by GramTigress

Uh.....technically, the States are united.

But what about our people? If mot the racist, we probably have one the the racist countries on earth.

But if you think about it at least we're not having civil wars about religions.

"One Nation, Under God" was added to the pledge in the 1950's. I remember that from my History professor in college. Kinda strange that none of them ofay's who "taught" me in high school managed to add that part. :rolleyes:

The guy is an Atheist, and his child can feel free to not say the dayum pledge.

Madeline Murray O'Hare, send this guy a clue!

On second thought, DON'T ... :rolleyes:

It is not a law that students have to say the pledge. I don't say it. I stand up to show respect for the flag that so many of my ancestors and family have died trying to protect (even though the same damned flag hardly protected their asses).

I feel if you don't want to say the pledge of allegiance...then don't. Mumble the words. Show up to school 15 minutes late everyday. Don't make such a big stink out of it just because YOU don't want to do it.

That's like people forcing religion down one's throat. Everyone should have a choice of what they want/don't want to do. I don't think it should be a law affecting everyone.

Originally posted by gramalum
The man that brought this case to trial is now receiving death threats.

He must dont know that the lady that fault the courts and successfully won and took prayer out the schools....they havent found her body yet. :eek2:

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! :redhot:

**just kidding**

W.T.F.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 Thursday that with using public funds to pay for students to attend religious schools posed no constitutional problems.

The decision came a day after a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled the phrase "under God" makes the Pledge of Allegiance unconstitutional. The ruling came from a Sacramento, California-area case.

Back