"I love you Kobe"

SAME OLD G

A product of Greatness
Staff member
Thats what Shaq said.

"Right back at him, right back at him!" Thats what Kobe said.

This series is so over! Might as well call it a sweep!

SOG,

Have you heard anything from the Philly fans? I was on my way home a little after midnight and I saw the Philly Bandwagon loaded with fans running about 100 mph. Allen Iverson was driving and Mutombo was riding shotgun. People were jumping off. I know the body count is going to be high. Iverson could have slowed down to let them jump off. Keep an eye out for Mighty Hornet, EB, Mr. SWAC, and J-State. I know they were on the wagon.

Kobe one assist away from a Triple-Double! Bring the brooms out, the SWEEP is on.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Ice Man,

I aint necessarily a Sixer fan and if you look anywhere on TSPN, you won't find a single post where I said so. :p

I am DEFINITELY a Laker hater, specifically Kobe! :D

btw, Kobe aint nuthin but a role player!!!
Kobe, Lue, Horry=the same thing LMAO!!!!!

2 championships
2 MVP trophies for Shaq

Shaq has done all he can to end the "fued"with Kobe. Hopefully this series has helped Kobe learn to appreciate and accept that he has the most unstoppable weapon in the league as a teammate.

I'm still with Philly, but let's be real...there's no denying Shaq with the cast that Philly has. I think that this series has proven that Shaq is definitely awesome and that A.I. truly deserved the MVP this year.

You Kobe fans won't admit it, but I think Iverson has proven to be a better baller than Kobe. That's no knock on Bryant, but A.I. is simply better and is more of a leader than Kobe is at this stage of their career. That doesn't mean you can't still be a Kobe fan.
Similar to when Drexler and Jordan was in the league. I was more of a Drexler fan, but had no problem admitting that Jordan was better. I thought Clyde had the same ability, and could be just as exciting...but Jordan just had the edge!

MH,

Glad to hear you're ok. Kobe a role player! I'm LMAO at that one. Man you're fully jokes this morning.

For those who want to question Phil Jackson coaching ability, note his choice to leave Issiah Rider off the roster and add Ty Lue. Great move that paid off.

btw, I think Philly is the weakest team in a long time to make the Finals!!!

And to think that this team had the best record in the East!!!

smh

Originally posted by mighty hornet
btw, I think Philly is the weakest team in a long time to make the Finals!!!

And to think that this team had the best record in the East!!!

smh

I don't agree. Philly just ran up against a hot Laker team that has swept all of the so-called good teams in the West! I think the combination of Shaq playing well, role players stepping up, and fatigue/injuries caught up with Philly!

On top of that, the only place where Philly has an edge is at the
two guard (Iverson vs Kobe)...Even the Laker bench players have
contributed more on a consistent basis in this series. Other than
Snow, none of the other Philly guys have contributed offensively.

Remember: San Antonio had the best record in the league and they were swept by the Lakers...don't get down on Philly, just give props to the Lakers!

PS: I STILL HATE THE LAKERS!

Mike,
Please tell me how Philly is a good team.
After Iverson, they have little to nothing. When Iverson is off (and he has been very off lately), they have absolutely NOBODY to hit a shot consistently. Last night, while I was watching that horrible performance, I really looked at Philly's roster. That aint a championship caliber team AT ALL.

Ice,
Leaving Isiah Rider off the roster aint necessarily a great move. It's common sense!! :D

First of all, Rider was left off the roster for Lue, he was left off the roster for Harper. It wasnt a tactical move, it was a move out of spite. Harper isnt half the player that Rider is but Jackson chose to spite Rider by choosing Harper. He is teaching Rider a lesson about who needs who before he cuts him Saturday morning.

Dr. Sweet Nupe

Why is it that I expect to hear that from you?

Mike Big

How the hell did Iverson show Kobe anything? In which of his 10 for 30 shooting games should Kobe have learned a lesson from? Kobe is under control. He is much more mature than Iverson and understands what he has to do to win, not just to score. Kobe can score at will, but will his efforts harm the team. Iverson has no control of himself, his emotions, his shot, or his game. He is just out there throwing up bombs while the rest of his team watches from the perimeter. Iverson has proven to me that he is not the player everybody wants him to be.

For instance, last night......

The sixers were down by 15 or so points. Iverson hits about 3 consecutive shots and the commentators and crowd goes wild. Thats good for the average fan, but look at the closer picture. Iverson is the reason they are so far down. He misses too many shots and causes his team to fall behind. Thats OK for them sorry teams in the east, but once you start playing the real teams in the west. its a different story.

One more thing for you...The Lakers are not hot....last nights game was the best they have played since San Antonio. They are just showing that the east is so weak. If Sacramento was in the east, they would be in the finals. Hell Minnesota or Portland or San Antonio or Dallas and definitly Utah would be in the finals if they were in the east.

What happen to all this talk about heart. Philly got heart, Philly got heart, that's all I heard. Call Dr. J because somebody need to check for a pulse.

GR,

Phil Jackson said that he chose Ty Lue over Rider and Mike Penaberty because he needed some depth behind D. Fisher. It was never a question about Ron Harper being on this roster.

I'm still a 6ers fan. I picked them to win the championship at the beginning of the season. Are you still sore about that sweep you predicted? I said I apologized.

Ice...

Thats what he said..

Read between the lines....then why activate Harper who is not a quick point gaurd?

Mr. SWAC,

We're cool, you were the one who mention emotions. BTW, I'm still predicting a SWEEP. This was for 1983.

GR,

Harper brings the intangles to the table. Experience, which paid off in game 3. His basket and steal was big. Last night he provided good support. Don't get me wrong Phil could have played it that way. I just recalled an interview when he was question about leaving Rider off the roster.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
There was no reason to kept Rider, you never know when he will do something dumb. He is like a poor man's Dennis Rodman. In that roster spot, all we needed was some who will keep team harmony and give a few good minutes when needed and not do something dumb, and Harper does that.

Get Ready,

Be serious! If Iverson doesn't launch shots Philly has no offense.
His teammates look for him to get things started. Without his
scoring and the threat of scoring, teams latch on to the other guys straight up and stifle the offense.

Kobe has the luxury of going against single coverage. He does not get doubled. The entire Laker defense is schemed to stop Iverson. He has to pull up to take jumpers or he would get beaten to a pulp driving to the basket and taking hits from Shaq, Horry, Grant in addition to being yanked and pulled on by Fisher.

Give Phil Jackson credit, he realized early (game one) that he could not play Iverson man to man with Ebay! You saw the game, you saw what happened. As you say, the numbers speak for themselves. Iverson had his best shooting night and highest scoring game when Kobe Bryant matched up against him.

Instead of being Get Ready, You need to Get Real!

Mike

Are you still harping on game 1? Do you see those trees? Thats the forest.

Are you telling me that you would rather have Iverson over Kobe? Is that what you are saying? Kobe is the most complete, most talented player in the world today covering all aspects of basketball, but you would rather have someone that can only shoot 33%? You would rather have someone that is 6 feet tall than to have a player that is 6'7" and is an all defensive selection? You would rather have someone that is frequently out of control at the age of 26 than to have someone at the age of 22 that has almost mastered all aspects of the game? Is that what you are saying? You would rather have Iverson on your team than Kobe? Is that your take?

I like Iverson. Unlike some of the other fakers in the league (Pippen, Carter, Garnett, Robinson) he has heart. When the game is on the line, he wants to do it. No problem with the kid cause he never ever says die. Thats all good. But his game is inconsistent at best and he doesnt know how to control himself. Watch Kobe. If his outside shot is not falling, he is going to the hole. On the other hand, its bombs away for Iverson, cause he is bound to make one, right? Nevermind that his team is falling more and more behind.

And you mentioned that the Lakers are grabbing and running two people at Iverson and bumping him in the lane. Well excuse them, its called defense. Better yet its called playoff defense. Nobody is going to let him have his way, and the refs arent going to call everything and give him an unfair advantage. He aint Jordan.

I can readily admit that Iverson is the reason the 6ers have gotten this far. But the fact is also that Iverson is the reason the 6ers have a losing playoff record. He has 1 good shooting game, then he has his normal 3 games of 12 for 35 shooting. That got by with some teams, but you cant do that with the Lakers.

I was talking to a friend that is a 6ers fan. He said that the reason the 6ers lost game 3 was because Tyrone Hill missed a dunk with 4 minutes left in the game. He missed a shot. Nevermind the 19 shots that Allen missed, thats OK. Thats just a part of the 6ers game. But let somebody else miss a shot and oooooh lord, what a terrible player.

You guys....Man the media could tell you that slavery aint so bad and you would be right down at the courthouse trying to sign up.

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Kobe has the luxury of going against single coverage. He does not get doubled. The entire Laker defense is schemed to stop Iverson. He has to pull up to take jumpers or he would get beaten to a pulp driving to the basket and taking hits from Shaq, Horry, Grant in addition to being yanked and pulled on by Fisher.

Excellent Point!

Shaq is being doubled teamed but he's so dominant that when he's doubled, he can still "bulldoze" himself into the paint, or find the open man.

I still hate the "Fakers"....
(I think they're over the salary cap as well)

I see that the myopism that you suffer extends beyond JSU football. It's a clear case of "see what I wanna see". Unlike you,
I recognize that the Lakers are playing good defense...but you refuse to admit that it's team defense geared at stopping the league MVP. If Iverson had as many open looks as Kobe gets, his shooting percentage would be very high.

Regarding your comments on shot selection:

1. Iverson HAS to take the outside jumpshot...he cannot always drive to the basket. Those jumpshots are not open looks. They are always contested (usually by a taller opponent) because defenders are playing on top of him. They know that when he drives he will be met by even taller defenders who are knocking him around. They also know that when forced to pass due to the help defense, his teammates (inside guys) are not real good finishers.

2. Often gets the ball late in the shot clock. Forced to take a shot that is difficult! Since the referees are not calling the furious clinging and grabbing (I guess you call that playoff officiating...but have you noticed how Shaq's big azz gets calls for relatively minor contact), it's often less than 10 seconds before A.I. gets the ball. At that point the defense is set (see #1 above)

I realize that those myopic lens you wear during football season are being used extensively during this playoff matchup. But objectively ask yourself why was the great defender Kobe Bryant removed from Iverson. Don't say it's because he needs to rest for offense. Hell your offense is being ran through Shaq so Kobe's offense is not that critical. It's because Iverson torched his azz and made it obvious that Kobe is not on Iverson's level.

Let me settle this, let Shag and Mutumbo switch team and you will see who is more valuable between Kobe and Iverson. Or better still, how many guards do you see getting double/triple teamed in the NBA.

All Iverson need is a little help so that teams would be afraid to leave there man. It amazes me that Iverson can that a long range three surrounded by two/three Lakers and the Lakers get the rebound, now that's no help.

Even the Great Michael Jordan didn't see the kind of defense the Lakers are throwing at Iverson because of the support he had; Pippen, Harper, Paxson, and Kerr loved taking wide-opened threes.

Bigg/Rich,

Kobe gets double team all the time. I'm not sure what game you're watching but check it out tonight. The Sixers use the same scheme to stop Kobe that the Lakers use for Iverson. Iverson inability to shoot while going left is his downfall. Kobe does not have any weakness. When Iverson is forced left, he spends a lot of energy trying to square up so he can shoot.

He needs to develop a fade away jumper falling to his left side. Will he spend the summer working on his game? The answer to that question is no. Iverson and Kobe should spend the summer lifting weight.

Iverson size prevents him from driving the lane. He can get his shot off, but the price he pays running into those big bodies takes it toll.

Shaq might be the reason Kobe will have two rings, but before his career is over Shaq will have a few thanks to Kobe. Anybody in their right mind would ride Shaq for a few years. Phil Jackson knows the best of Kobe is yet to come and that in a few years Shaq will be move valuable to the team as a defenses weapon.

Originally posted by Ice Man
Bigg/Rich,

Kobe gets double team all the time. I'm not sure what game you're watching but check it out tonight

Kobe, I'm sorry, Ebok hasn't seen a double team this series. The only time Ebok sees another person is when he "stupidly" tries to take over the game and run into another players man, like Shaq's, and get's him shot smacked my "Mutumbo"! Wed., was the first time that the Lakers went to Shaq in doubt, and that's why they won big.

Shaq might be the reason Kobe will have two rings, but before his career is over Shaq will have a few thanks to Kobe.

Shaq is the ONLY reason that the Lakers will have two rings. He's the most dominant player in the league right now. Although he camps in the lane, is all that, a bag of chips, and a pickle on the side.

Let Shaq twist an ankle in the first quarter... The series will then go to 7 games... with Philly on top!

I still hate the "Fakers"

You guys are talking out of hate for the Lakers. I dont hate the 6ers. As a matter of fact, I like them. They are about the 8th best team in the league, but they cant help it if the east is weak. Im just trying to be objective about a team that spends too much time running an offense for a guy that can't shoot that well. If you guys would stop being so hateful, then maybe you would see. You guys act like Iverson is shooting over 7 footers all night. That is far from the truth and you know it. He misses a lot of wide open jumpers. What do you want the Lakers to do, just move out of his way in the lane. Wouldnt you rather they contest his shot. I havent heard this many lame excuses since that Texas Southern Fan tried to explain why their non-conference football schedule is so weak. "well we aint that advanced yet...blah blah blah"

And what is up with this "knocking him around" stuff. THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO KNOCK HIM AROUND. Derrick Fisher is bigger and stronger than Iverson. He is suppose to put that flipper on his ass as much as possible. Now if Iverson wants to stop him, he needs to get in the gym this summer instead of the studio making rap records and lift weights to get ready for next year. Nobody is crying for Iverson just cause everybody is bigger than him.

And I get so tired of hearing...."Iverson is the only shooter." Thats bull. McKie can shoot, that Jermaine kid is pretty good, I will bet you that Snows shooting percentage is much better than Iverson, and they could even run more offense for Mutombo. He has a nice mid range jumper. Knowing that Shaq is not going to step out to defend that shot, why not run that play more often. No No they cant do that. We got to get off Allen and fall farther and farther behind.

Allen Iverson ..... The Cancer.

Back