I do not believe this!!! Man, something's gotta give!!

Antroy

I'm quite sure most of you all remember my post last year about my sister getting married the same day as the first home game for Alcorn.
If you can recall, I was pretty p.o'd at the fact that I wouldn't be able to make it to the game because I was in the wedding.
Well, it's happened again!!!

My homeboy is getting married on September 20th!! That's all fine and good. I'm initially happy for him. Then, I think about it. September 20 is well into football season (games start August 30). So, I decide to do some research.
I look for Alcorn's football schedule to see who we play and I find that we have an open week (as of right now). So, I'm straight with that. Then, I go to check JSU's schedule to see when the Southern Heritage Classic is. And this is when I get 38 and hot!!
Since I can't find JSU's schedule, I decide to look at Tennessee State's schedule for the classic (for those of you that don't know, Jackson State and Tennessee State play each other in the Southern Heritage Classic each year in Memphis). I find out that it's on September 13, which is the weekend before my homeboy's wedding. I'm still cool with that. Then, I make the mistake and scroll down and what do I see....
TENNESSEE STATE AND FAMU PLAY EACH OTHER IN THE ATLANTA FOOTBALL CLASSIC ON SEPTEMBER 20 IN THE ATL!!!

Man, I don't believe this isth!! This is the second year in a row that I will be at somebody's wedding when there is game that I want to be at going on. The wedding is in Senatobia, Mississippi (or something like that) so there is no logical way that I will be able to leave the wedding and make it to the game. This is a trend that I'm going to put and end to after this wedding.
I can't believe this!! My homeboy wishes to get married on the same day that the Atlanta Classic is being played!! I was at the Classic last year and it was off the hook!! I didn't plan on missing it this year!!
And for those of you wondering why don't I just skip the wedding...I can't because I'm the Best Man!!!

Why women? Why? Out of all of the days in the year, you pick days when football is being played!!

Why are you asking the women why WE pick to get married during football season? Last I heard it takes TWO people to get married...why your weak azz boy chose to get married during football season? From the posts I read on this board, you guysn believesin physical abuse, i.e. Ike-n-a-broad, to control and women and be the "man" :rolleyes: in the house. So according to TSPN standards, your brother-in-law and your best friend are punks. And obviously women accept this behavior, so tell your friend to knock the sheit out of his fiancee and change the friggin' date to December.

BTW, real women who love football don't schedule/participate in weddings, births, NOTHING between August 22 and November 30.

Originally posted by Seeing Spots

BTW, real women who love football don't schedule/participate in weddings, births, NOTHING between August 22 and November 30.

:lmao:

And obviously women accept this behavior, so tell your friend to knock the sheit out of his fiancee and change the friggin' date to December.

And there you have it! Tell your friend to "Ike" the broad and move the date. He still have time left. :mad:

Punk arse Men.....SMH

SS you said it best......Alcorn Warrior, as much as I love to point out women on their bullisht, I love even more to point out punk arse men like your brother-in-law and now this dude. You may want to find you some new friends with some backbones!

There is no way in hell any woman is going to get me to marry her between August and Jan. Just not happening at all. See if you do that, then not only do you miss this season, but all future seasons you will miss some valuable times because you have to celebrate your anny. This is a no win situation! Your boy is a punk! And he better het it together of this woman will always run him over!!

A woman has a few windows for marraige.........

Feb.-Mid March, after the Super Bowl, but before March
Madness!!

April - Mid May, After March madness, but before the Conference Finals of the NBA

Mid June - July, Man she has all summer until Labor day

I'm getting Married this year, and that was one of the stipulations I set from the start. People tried to tell me it's only one day, you can scarfice one game, blah, blah, blah. But, you have to think about anniversarys and other things. So my wedding date is Dec 27.

We are due August 29, 2003. :(

Originally posted by MasterRattler
I'm getting Married this year, and that was one of the stipulations I set from the start. People tried to tell me it's only one day, you can scarfice one game, blah, blah, blah. But, you have to think about anniversarys and other things. So my wedding date is Dec 27.

Man, do you know how much football is on at that time of year??? When I got hitched, I picked Memorial Day weekend. Easy weekend for family and friends to travel, no football to conflict with, the NBA finals have not started and it's a great weekend to celebrate the aniv.

(By setting this date, I never forget our anniversary.):swink:

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag

Not much you can do about that. Both my boys were born at the start of football season. One in Aug and the other in Sept. I had the blues each time.

Cat Daddy: :) Well, you are right about that. I did pick a good date for our wedding date. August 4. It is <i>before</i> football season. :)

Cat Daddy, I know NFL is going strong with the playoffs. But I don't go to many NFL games live, so it will be okay for me. Now, Rattler & HBCU football is something different for me, since I haven't missed a home (or southern) game in almost 6 years. If I got married during college football season, I could see myself standing at the alter trying to get scores on my cell phone or mad because I missed a game.

Now sports wise the best time for me to get married would be mid-June through Late August, but since I'm a big man I didn't want to get married in the heat .

Originally posted by MasterRattler
If I got married during college football season, I could see myself standing at the alter trying to get scores on my cell phone or mad because I missed a game.

Man, I was in a wedding once that was Thanksgiving weekend. I was hot. I can't understand how a HBCU graduate could schedule their wedding on Bayou Classic Weekend. Me and sveral of the guys were in the back of the hall where the wedding was taking place watching the game. The camera man was pissed because we all disappeared after the wedding was over. Of course, we were back in front of the TV.

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag

Girl don't worry, Mikema will be two weeks early, so that means she will be born August 15, 2003. At least she will be "out" and Mike can make it to the games and Mikema will be ready to roll by homecoming! And next time you and Mike procreate between March and October! :redhot:

Imma come see the little darling Friday night before the game! :D

This is going to be the last time I miss a football game for a wedding. If somebody else decides to get married during football season, I'm going to tell them not to even put me in the wedding because I'm going to be at somebody's football game.
I don't care if it's my other sister!! Get married during football season, I will not be there. Send me some pictures and the video.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: @ weddings during football season!!!

Back