How????

MIA

Dose one explain to a 3yr old the story of Jesus & keep them interested? I have a 3yr old & my baby is learning how to say grace before eating & prayers before going to sleep. But I want my baby to understand why she has to do this. How can I break it down for her?

[Edited by MIA on 05-04-01 at 01:04 PM]

Mia,

There is a unique way of explaining things in the Bible to some with less understanding than you. The way Jesus did this was by speaking in parables.

Listen to what I mean by this example:

Many people do not uderstand how Jesus can be God & Man at the same time.(God-Man). But everyone has seen the movie, 'Super-Man'. Listen to the comparison:

Whenever Superman was in Metropolis City, everybody knew that everything was going to be alright. Superman had capabilities that none of the people living in Metropolis City had. He changed that city forever, remember? Now the reason why Superman had the positive effect on earth that he had was because he wasn't from here. He was from Cryton. Cryton didn't follow the laws of nature and limitations that earth lived by. The unigue thing is that when he came from Cryton to Earth, he brought the environment of Cryton with him and lived it out on earth. That's why Metropolis City was changed forever.
Cryton=Super. Earth=Man. >>>>> SUPERMAN

1.) one minute he's sitting in traffic b-cuz he's a Man,
the next he's faster than a bullet b-cuz he's Super.

2.) one minute he's getting stressed at work b-cuz he's Man,
the next he can leap tall buildings b-cuz he's Super.

3.) one minute he's trying to holla at Louis b-cuz he's Man,
the next he's more power than a train b-cuz he's Super.

WHY DID I SAY ALL OF THAT???????????????
BECAUSE:

You why Jesus had the effect that he had on earth when He came here? Because He wasn't from here. Jesus came from Heaven which does not follow the limitations and retrictions placed on earth. But the unigue thing about when Jesus came from Heaven to earth is that He brought His Heavenly environment with Him. The result is that earth has never be the same b-cuz He's not just God, He's not just Man, he's God in the form of man....the God-Man.

1.) one minutes He's hungry b-cuz He's a man,
the next He can feed 1000's with a couple of fish b-cuz He's God.

2.) one minute He's thirsty b-cuz He's a man
the minute He can walk on water b-cus He's God.

3.) one minute He's tired b-cuz he's a man,
the next He can raise Lazarus from the dead b-cuz He's God.

Heaven=God, Earth=Man.....God-Man

THE POINT OF THIS POST

Someone may not be able to understand two persons existing as one or they may not be able to understand God becoming Man b-cuz it may be too complex for them.....but, I bet they understand the story of superman. So what you have to do is find out where the common ground is and meet that person(baby) on their level. Analogies, Illustrations, Parables, Stories work well with people of all ages. Jesus used them all the time. Apply an analogy dealing with saying 'grace' over food and one of your childs' favorite stories. I think this will make it easier for them understand what you're saying.

terrence

Just Break This Down...

1 Timothy 4:3-6 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

We pray because we want God to protect us from anything that may be bad in the food and also to thank him for blessing us with some food. How's that?

Back