How to change your paycheck-to-paycheck reality

Olde Hornet

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-your-paycheck-to-paycheck-reality/679412001/

You can absolutely change your current paycheck-to-paycheck reality by re-examining instances which you’ve mistakenly held onto as truths. I’ve watched families of four struggle to make ends meet, all the while unflinchingly spending $1,100/month on exclusively organic groceries. And you wouldn’t believe the number of six-figure earning families I’ve seen bang their heads against a wall with $900 worth of monthly car payments.

I don’t really care what you spend your money on — it’s your money. A long time ago I stopped giving the ubiquitous “stop drinking lattes” advice. But if you want to end the paycheck-to-paycheck phenomenon, which isn’t a phenomenon at all, then some habit — any habit — has to change.

If you didn’t already know by now, my favorite financial tool is your monthly bank statement, or your credit card statement if you happen to use your credit card as the primary means of spending. Your monthly statements consist of every piece of behavior and information about your lifestyle that you can possibly imagine. So much so, that you may refuse to look at your monthly statement because you don’t want to see the details of your behavior struggles.

Back