How much do you exercise in a "normal" week?

Panther88

Banned
All of us are <b>gittin'</b> old. To keep that bod and mind fit, sharp, in shape, etc., of course, we need to exercise.

How many hours/days a week do you exercise? What exercises do you do? Walking? Jogging? Etc... I'm not talking sexercise either :rolleyes:. That mess don't count. :mad:

Panthro!

I exercise about 4 hours a week. (one hour Sun-Wed). Either I go to Bally's or I pop in Taebo.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Let's see......
After getting off work, going home to my baby, cooking and eating dinner
I'd say I exercise about......

0 hours/days per week.

need to cancel that 24 hours membership:(

I excersise 6 days a week! MWF's are for muscle tone,and TuThSat are for jogging. I do 4miles when I jog.

I work at least 5 hours a week, and 2 on the weekends.

Mon- Chest/Arms
Wed- Back/Shoulders
Thurs- Legs/Thighs (My favorite to work)

I rust on Tues and Fridays and I run in the park on Sundays.

The only problem I have is consistancy.
Ill have my body back in to "Fighting Trim" in about 8 months. With 2 lil boys running around, I have little to no energy sometimes.

For the summer months

4 miles of walking and running about 4-5 days a week.
Two days of weights.
One hour of aerobic dance about twice a week.

Ask me again next week. Things will be different. Time's running outtttttttttttttttt.

Monday,Wednasday & Friday
One Hour Each Day

My regimine includes:
walk/run 1.5 miles
20 minutes on the stair master
3/20 reps of arm pulls
3/20 bench press
etc.

It's knocked off almost all the excess left from carrying Rhys. ;)

I don't know the time limit...but when I'm not busy at home...

I have either jogged/walked for 25-30 minutes on the tread mill.

If I don't get on the tread mill...I spend an hour at the beach either fast/walking on the trail or walking slowly in the sand. Believe it or not, walking in the sand is tiring.

I have issues with consistancy. BUT I am trying my best.

Kudos to those of you trying to do "something"

My workouts begin at 4:45am. I'm a morning kind of guy.

Currently (alternating workouts every three weeks) I am doing the following:

MWF- Chest, abs and back (alternating weeks with machines and free weights...love those dumbbells)
high reps (20+) 3 sets

TTh- Legs, arms and shoulders (alt. machines and free weights)

high reps, 3 sets

Sat- Cut grass...whut???

Next week...heavy stuff...gon' BLOW UP!!!

M-Legs and abs + 30 min's on bike
T-Chest + 45 min's on elliptical
W-Back and abs + 2 miles on treadmill (yuk)
Th-Shoulders + 30 min's on bike
Fr-Arms and abs + 45 min's on elliptical
Sat-You got it!!! Cut grass...whut???

Been doing this for a year since my arm injury...ripped bicep tendon clean off!!!

Now if I can just drop the fried chicken and hamburgers, I'll probably lose these last 10 pounds, but I ain't bout to diet for nobody!!!:lmao:

Killing Myself.......

I've been back in the gym 6 weeks now, and I am killing myslef.

I lift 5 days a week, My breakdown goes like this....

M - Chest, Calves, 10-15 minutes on bike
T - Tri's and Bi's,
W - Shoulders and Traps, 10-15 minutes on bike
T - Back(Delts and Lats)
F - Lower Body

I am doing a killer workout, trying to jump start my growth again. I do 5 sets of 10-12 reps on all upper body lifts.

On Friday, I go all out. I warm up with 5 minutes on the bike. Then 10 quick leg extensions and curls to get the blood flowing to my thighs. I do 8-10 sets of squats at 15-20 reps per set. I'm doing light weight and only squatting 315 on the first 4 sets, and down to 275 on the last 4-6 sets. Then leg extention-5 sets of 20, and leg curls-5 sets of 10. On alternating weeks I do leg press, and hacks. Would do lunges, but my knees won't let me.

Every 2 weeks, I increase my weight on all lifts by 5-10 pounds. And by labor day I will increase all my sets by 2.

You're gonna move to 3X if you keep that up........

Originally posted by Suge
I've been back in the gym 6 weeks now, and I am killing myslef.

I lift 5 days a week, My breakdown goes like this....

M - Chest, Calves, 10-15 minutes on bike
T - Tri's and Bi's,
W - Shoulders and Traps, 10-15 minutes on bike
T - Back(Delts and Lats)
F - Lower Body

I am doing a killer workout, trying to jump start my growth again. I do 5 sets of 10-12 reps on all upper body lifts.

On Friday, I go all out. I warm up with 5 minutes on the bike. Then 10 quick leg extensions and curls to get the blood flowing to my thighs. I do 8-10 sets of squats at 15-20 reps per set. I'm doing light weight and only squatting 315 on the first 4 sets, and down to 275 on the last 4-6 sets. Then leg extention-5 sets of 20, and leg curls-5 sets of 10. On alternating weeks I do leg press, and hacks. Would do lunges, but my knees won't let me.

Every 2 weeks, I increase my weight on all lifts by 5-10 pounds. And by labor day I will increase all my sets by 2.

Dang Suge, you trying to be Arnold around this camp ?? That sounds like a routine straight out of one of his books.

I'm trying to get my Jaguard Diehard on or like BandFan with the routine stuff, but I'm only averaging 1-2 times a week. I need to get back in the gym on a regular basis.

Suge, I must say that your exercise and diet are certainly paying off my brother....keep up the good work. :tup:

Now, as for me, well ugh, I exercise about ugh let's see......maybe less than 2 hours a week. :rolleyes: I just do it when I feel like it and that ain't much. When I do exercise, it usually consists of walking/jogging and/or crunches.

mostly running and the "show muscles"

Simple routine....

I have to do 35 (treadmill) miles per week while working my chest, arms and abs 3 days per week. When I work my whole body, I tend to put on too much muscle and I don't want to look too different.

Note: the 35 miles are broken into chunks of 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 mile runs, sometimes twice a day. So on a Monday, I'll run 3 miles in my 6am workout and then comeback to the gym at 7pm and do another 5. I can usually stay ahead of the average of 5 miles per day, however some weeks when I'm way behind on my weekly goal, I'll have to run back-to-back days of 1o miles each. Those are killers.

LaMont

Note: I still have much more success controlling my weight through controlling my diet. Workout is more about refining what you have and not reducing what you got.

Also, some of those "treadmill addicts" have been at it for years and still look the same (and some worse) than they did 2 and 3 years ago.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: You're gonna move to 3X if you keep that up........

Originally posted by phatback

Dang Suge, you trying to be Arnold around this camp ?? That sounds like a routine straight out of one of his books.

Man I read FLEX, and Muscle Mag. I got a new flex on my desk right now. :D The high reps are from some mags, but even doing 5 sets doesn't compare to those cats.......

Dude I was doing well for a while, then I started school and got lazy for the past 8-9 months and I blew the hell up. I weighed 340 lbs. And after getting back down to sub 300, I have vowed to myself to never get back to that point again. So now I am going above and beyond what I used to do. And I do so much on legs because when you burn more fat when you use your lower body. Plus I started on HydroxyCut and Creatine this week, so we will see how that helps!

Suge, Hydrox is okay, but creatine is soso

Suge,

if you are trying to maintain, and/or lose weight, then try to take it easy on the creatine. when you take that stuff, you tend to hold too much water and it hurts in your production to get the weight down. (everyone is different, but just be aware)

frankly, the best way to stay thin is to stick with "God's foods" and that means fruits and veggies. Try to get in your 5 fruits per day and have a green vegetable in one or more meals and you should be fine.

LaMont

BTW - don't get me started on my CONSPIRACY THEORY on why supermarkets in black neighborhoods don't have health sections. I have to drive 30 minutes to the suburbs in order to find a decent selection of foods that will allow me to live well. In the hood, every product they're selling is filled with greece, sugar, etc.

Re: Suge, Hydrox is okay, but creatine is soso

Originally posted by LaMont
Suge,

if you are trying to maintain, and/or lose weight, then try to take it easy on the creatine. when you take that stuff, you tend to hold too much water and it hurts in your production to get the weight down. (everyone is different, but just be aware)

Thanks for the advice, but I have tons of creatine info, and I have seen the same thing that you just said. I don't really care anymore about what my scale weight is. I'm just trying to grow. The more muscle I create, the more fat I will burn. So the water weight isn't a big deal for me anymore. I am going to deal more with my % of body fat from here on. I take it more for an endurance issue. Sometimes after getting to set 3, the last 2 are murder on my muslces, and the creatine is going to help in that area. This is only my first week on creatine...so it is going to take a couple more weeks for me to really start to feel the difference.

As for Hydroxycut. I have done that once. So I know how it affects my body. I am only doing half the rec. dosage for the first 3 weeks to give my body a chance to adjust.

Plus I don't need to be super cut. I'm just trying to get to World Strongest Man Big, not Ronnie Coleman, Flex Wheeler, Vince Coleman Big.

Since I am a lot older, I definitely need the exercise. I do not need nor want to weigh 275-300 pounds. I am not trying to win the Mr. Universe contest. But I do not want to look like an overweight former offensive linemen either.

I exercise at least five days a week.

Walking - most of the time it's about two miles
Jump rope - three-four days a week
Bleachers - If my walk is the short route, I will run up and down some bleachers and jump rope. But I must say that the stands are small. :rolleyes: But my legs are benefiting.
Jogging - I have not done this in a while. When I did it, I did not go far. :eek: But I could and need to increase the distance and speed.
Push-ups - About 3-5 days a week.
Sides and triceps - about three days a week. I use small weights for the triceps. The sides still need a lot of work. It is a hard part of the body to get in shape.
Sit-ups - I could so a lot more. :eek: :eek: :eek:

A couple of weeks ago I was under the weather. But I am about to get up to where I was for exercising.

I have been off my little health kick for a few months, but when I am on it. I run, not jog but full speed run 2 miles per day 3-4 times a week depending on the weather. Follow that up with a small set of push ups and sit ups. Try it for two weeks you will see a major difference!

I've been back in the gym for 8 weeks now, and I'm just getting myself back in the shape that I need to be in, I just have to get rid of this gut.

These past 8 weeks all I did was lift, but starting next week, I'll be in my routine full swing. That's lifting at lunch 4 days a week, with cardio, & swimming in the evenings.

Suge, if you're looking to get rid of the water, and add good lean mass, try Cytodyne, I've found it to be much better than Creatine, and it doesn't give the me the headaches that Creatine gave me. Plus, my energy level went up more, and I had less tissue breakdown after my workout, and no lingering soreness.

Along with Cytodyne, I drink a Myostat Juiced Protein shake (by Pinnacle) in the mornings, and I drink a Whey Protein at night (CytoPro by Cytodyne technologies).

If you're buying your supplements from GNC, or over the counter, stop. They charge entirely too much money.

Try Pro Source, they're 30-40% cheaper than any store, and they deliver to your house. If you want a catalog, the number is 800-310-1555, or you can go online at www.prosourceonline.com. Trust me, you'll save big bucks, and discover some stuff you've never heard of.

They also give you information on the supplements that you're interested in, and a 5-Star supplemental breakdown of every brands supplements.

Not meaning to sound like a commercial, but I shake my head, when I compare prices, and I always save with PS.

NICE

Speaking of supplements

Read up on and try EAS products that are associated with the Body for Life Program. I do Myoplex low carb drinks, Betagen, and Precision Protein. Protein builds muscle.

Gotta watch that, though....

Protein builds muscle.

That is not a true statement! Protein provides the necessary nutrients to allow the muscles to grow back stronger. Not dealing with the semantics, but for those of you wanting to lose weight, this can be a very deceiving situation. If there is no muscle to repair, guess what happens to excess protein?

Working out properly with a good mix of cardio and weightlifting can help you to achieve the optimal results IF you have pre-conceived goals. We all know the ..."heavy weights build muscle mass...higher reps increase muscle definition" staples.

Now if you are trying to lose weight, guess what will NOT help you do that? You're right, PROTEIN!! Why??? Because the muscle density is a lot heavier than the fat. So, if you replace fat with muscle mass and do SOME aerobics, then you may not see a loss of weight, BUT you will notice a loss of inches in certain areas and a gain in others!!! So a svelte 235 lbs. is not the same as a chubby 230 lbs. Forget about all that recommended weights for recommended heights crap. Look at your body build and your family! Make a determination of your ideal weight by utilizing your ANNUAL physicals...cholesterol counts, body fat, blood pressure, flexibility and your ability to recover from exercise. The rest of it is just generalities!

Back