How Many Calories Per Day?

Anonymous

How many calories per day are you guys taking in... I have an app on my android phone that has just about any/every grocery store, restaurant you can think of and their menu...

I know I am not an eater per say (only do seafood for the most part, NO fried foods, no oink for 20 yrs) but I have been having trouble losing some body fat and a small pooch in my abs... After calculating, I have been taking in between 500-1200 calories per day most days... Does that seem way too small a number?

How many calories per day are you guys taking in... I have an app on my android phone that has just about any/every grocery store, restaurant you can think of and their menu...

I know I am not an eater per say (only do seafood for the most part, NO fried foods, no oink for 20 yrs) but I have been having trouble losing some body fat and a small pooch in my abs... After calculating, I have been taking in between 500-1200 calories per day most days... Does that seem way too small a number?

For a grown man, yes, if you're only taking in 500 for entire day. Some folks have 500 calories for breakfast. :lol: But I would think that 1,200 is OK and what some try to stop at when we're "dieting"? Hope you're getting enough protein in your diet.

That's great that you don't do fried foods and eat seafoods. But ain't nothing wrong with a little beef and pork when done in good moderation. Outside of bacon for breakfast sometimes, I rarely do pork either. But when I do have it, I enjoy it!

You should check with your doctor though. He/she might say that 1,200 is fine for your body type.

And if he's working out on top of that, he's burning off what little calorie intake he has.

Anonymous, do you mind me asking how tall you are and how much you weigh?

It is effective if he wants to lose weight. Personally, I think my body would feel weak if I only consumed 1200 calories a day. I am not into the counting calories things. I have found controlling the type of foods that go into my body to be more effective. Cutting out the breads, pasta's and rice was the best decision I ever made.

It is effective if he wants to lose weight. Personally, I think my body would feel weak if I only consumed 1200 calories a day. I am not into the counting calories things. I have found controlling the type of foods that go into my body to be more effective. Cutting out the breads, pasta's and rice was the best decision I ever made.

I don't think he needs or wants to lose weight. He just seems to be a healthy eater. What he's doing is what I need to do.

Thanks guys/gal for the response... I do cardio 5 times a week, and resistance band workouts... I do realize that that calorie number is low, but I hate how I feel with multiple meals, even though they may be healthy...

Cutting out the breads, pasta's and rice was the best decision I ever made.

Don't forget the potatoes too. Good job man. :tup: Feeling you on that.

In my mind, 1200 inbound is excellent, esp when you may be burning more than that throughout the day.

Don't forget the potatoes too. Good job man. :tup: Feeling you on that.

In my mind, 1200 inbound is excellent, esp when you may be burning more than that throughout the day.

Potatoes are on that list also. I use Fridays and Saturdays to eat what I want.

Had 400 calories on Sunday... It was only 10 until a baked a piece of chicken... I couldnt take anymore fish...lol.... 0 so far today, but I will eat something...

Had 400 calories on Sunday... It was only 10 until a baked a piece of chicken... I couldnt take anymore fish...lol.... 0 so far today, but I will eat something...

Not enough Calories Man..... Your Body will not thrive on that amount...

Youve gotta eat....The Right Things of Course..:lol:

I actually have been eating this way since probably 1990-ish... Not to say its right, but religious purposes initially had me changing the way I eat/exercise/what food I put in my body, as I was a member of the Nation of Islam... And although I still loosely follow the Nation and moreover Min. Farrakhan, I love what the Nation did for my health, both physically and psychologically... When you work in college sports and travel with all of the teams and young people, they do not eat correctly and I am not a huge fast food fan... I do all of my cooking, and have been cooking since I was a young kid hanging around in the kitchen with my mom... In college, I was the "chef", who would cook late night for my team mates (played collegiate football)... I cut out all red meats 3 yrs ago, and went vegetarian... But I did not do it the right way and developed a mineral deficiency... I literally was eating steaks one day and NO MEAT from then on the next day... I have a hard time holding down food period, but when I overeat, I have a serious problem with holding down ANYTHING including fluids... I dropped almost 25-30 pounds back in the summer/fall and found that stress was causing me to not be able to hold food down... I am not good at managing stress - I can admit that... Lately been having probs with energy... Really try to stay away from energy drinks because they elevate my BP, and I already take meds for that... I am also trying to get off of the vitamin D that my doc had me on for energy...

I'm using a app on my Iphone called Lose it. You can imput exersice and food and it counts you calories. Most food calories are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I put in I want to lose 1 lb a week and drop down to 220. It projected I could do this in a year eating 2900 calories or less a day.

I ate an apple,banna, granola bar and nuts this morning with water. That was577 calories by itself with no meat what soever.

I've been drinking V8 with a banna and apple most mornings with only a full breakfast with protein on sunday or Saturday.

I lift weights and do cardio 4 times a week. I would fall smooth out on 400 calories in one day and 1200 would be a stretch.

I had 0 (zero, zilch) calories yesterday... Didn't feel like eating... And i am trying to kick the habit of eating so late... I will not eat all day then cook one of my healthy meals at 10pm... I have done better today already - had the egg white/english muffin with spinach/onions bell peppers for breakfast from Subway..

Well it depends on our meal and body that how much we need to eat calories. In my opinion 2500 calories are enough in a day. I don't eat more calories in a day.

I think his in take is fine, I was told by my doc 2yrs ago to limit my caloric intake to 1200 - 1500, which if you brake it down ends up being 4 small 300 calorie meals, throughout the day. Have I stuck to it nope, but I did try and it was hard at first, but got easier as time went on. Now the not eating at all is problematic you need to eat something, otherwise you're starving you body and eating late isnt an issue either, look at what you're eating. I read along time ago that the Europeans eat late all the time, but they eat healthier, no McD's or Burger King and less calories.

I remember reading that when you dont eat properly, your body starts to store up body fat, and at the same time steals proteins from your muscles to compensate for the food loss or lack of food. Any nutritionist on here that can vouch for that?

His intake is too low and that's why he can't lose the flab...The body will store the little food he eats as fat. If he just upped that to 1500 calories a day and eat 6 small meals a day he would see the fat go away.
Women do it all the time. eat once a day or skip eating a day. But all that does is starve the body and forces your metabolism out of wack and makes you retain fat.

My counter is now down to 1760 a day. which if you eat a lot of fruit ,veggies and nuts is a lot. Add to that burning 600+ calories a day.

I have noticed that if I eat less than 300 calories for breakfast that I get light headed and sick feeling. When you are as active as I am you better eat.

Last edited:
12-1500 calories for me; 400 per meal, 100 per snack twice a day. Me and my girl do this 5 days a week. we slum on the weekends. We walk, treadmill or jog 3 times a week. ive gained muscle, my girl lost 20 lbs; i told her no more!!!! she a size 10 but she is 5 9. i told her she lose those titties we breaking up. lol

12-1500 calories for me; 400 per meal, 100 per snack twice a day. Me and my girl do this 5 days a week. we slum on the weekends. We walk, treadmill or jog 3 times a week. ive gained muscle, my girl lost 20 lbs; i told her no more!!!! she a size 10 but she is 5 9. i told her she lose those titties we breaking up. lol

Man my wife lost hers... she down to a size 8....You may not be able to stop it..SMH..LOL

To eat like that you must be preparing your meals each day. I'm around 500 for breakfast, 650 for lunch and 650 for dinner with two or three snacks 100 each. I burn 500+ 5 days a week so that would put me at about 1500 most days.

Man my wife lost hers... she down to a size 8....You may not be able to stop it..SMH..LOL

i likes em thick man. she was a size 12 and was strait to me again she 5 9 so it balanced out. she on this workout harder than me tho. i swear she lose those titties ima be sad. i guess she trying to lose it now before the kids come

i likes em thick man. she was a size 12 and was strait to me again she 5 9 so it balanced out. she on this workout harder than me tho. i swear she lose those titties ima be sad. i guess she trying to lose it now before the kids come

Man mine had some big ole tig o bities..she about 5'3" and done lost at least 40 pounds. She was a size 12 and at one time 14 but it looked good to me...Big but and bit tigs...Now she lil eveywhere.. I would post a couple before and afters but that would be wrong...

Depending on which you are, subtract no more than 500 calories from one of those numbers and aim for that everyday. A defecit of no more than 500 calories will make you lose weight yet it will be enough calories to maintain your body and activity so you don't starve yourself and 'crash diet' like you experienced.

Last edited:
Back