How Important are Uniforms to Recruits?

We sell jerseys but I don't know if we got any places online that sell them (I got some throwback Rice jerseys that I haven't worn yet so I would wear those if I need to (barring I don't bump into him and get one signed))

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We sell jerseys but I don't know if we got any places online that sell them (I got some throwback Rice jerseys that I haven't worn yet so I would wear those if I need to (barring I don't bump into him and get one signed))

Aw man this is some bull right here. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!! I wished the hell PV would have a jersey sale lol. I'm calling Fidelity Investments to bust open my K deal lol. :D

My point is that Alabama gets the best of the best recruits most years even though the recruits surveyed think their uniforms are the ugliest in major college football.

Those aren't made by Russell. We did sell a Russell jersey but that is not it.

Somebody ain't gonna want too hear that. Because it doesn't fit their narrative of the level of importance jerseys actually make in a recruits decision process.

I'm okay with any jersey except army fatigues. I seriously doubt a recruit would make his/her decision based on the jersey a team wears.

Somebody ain't gonna want too hear that. Because it doesn't fit their narrative of the level of importance jerseys actually make in a recruits decision process.

C'mon bluedog!

Those 100 recruits were then asked a series of questions. 72 out of 100 of them believe that the statement “Uniforms have a great impact on my perception of a team” is either “Moderately True” or “Very True”, while just 11 recruits responded “Very False”.

Perhaps most interesting is that recruits were then asked if a school’s uniform will impact their college decision – 31 responded “Very False” to that statement, while 24 said “Moderately False,” 26 said “Moderately True,” and just 7 said “Very True”.

4 titles in 8 years + 20 plus pro players drafted in the same time frame means Alabama is an exception.

You know what an exception is, right?

Everything matters in the arms race for recruits.

Some brand name mainstream schools like Bama, Notre Dame, Florida State, Oklahoma or Michigan do not have to emphasize uniforms because they have an established reputation in the marketplace that's been cultivated for decades.

But, schools like Oregon and others, which haven't had such a connection with the public, have to market uniforms, helmets and other amenities to get recruits they desire.

I think Southern has the best uniforms because of color scheme not who made the uniform. TSU and AAMU are basiclly the same uni's accept when Tsu wears something with grey in it. Each school can work with Russell in designing their uni's, so the problem is not Russell.

4 titles in 8 years + 20 plus pro players drafted in the same time frame means Alabama is an exception.

You know what an exception is, right?

Yep I sure do. But clearly you don't like most things concerning sports .

C'mon bluedog!

So let me get this right. You're thinking 55 answers of false (meaning no it doesn't) to 33 answers of true ( meaning yes it does). Is in your mind confirmation that it has a strong influence? Is that your line of rationale?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So let me get this right. You're thinking 55 answers of false (meaning no it doesn't) to 33 answers of true ( meaning yes it does). Is in your mind confirmation that it has a strong influence? Is that your line of rationale?

I know what statistical assessment words mean brother. Try that on someone else. The part I quoted up above actually supported one's argument that a uniform DID NOT IMPACT their college decision. In the same quotation it says that it does have a high impact on a recruits PERCEPTION.

Those were basic stats... Too damn funny that you missed it.

Last edited:
I know what statistical assessment words mean brother. Try that on someone else. The part I quoted up above actually supported one's argument that a uniforms DID NOT IMPACT their college decision. In the same quotation it says that it does have a high impact a recruits PERCEPTION.

Those were basic stats... Too damn funny that you missed it.

I'm not trying anything on anybody. Which is why I asked for clarification and was very specific about what I wanted cleared up. A simple yes or no would have suffice

Everything matters in the arms race for recruits.

Some brand name mainstream schools like Bama, Notre Dame, Florida State, Oklahoma or Michigan do not have to emphasize uniforms because they have an established reputation in the marketplace that's been cultivated for decades.

But, schools like Oregon and others, which haven't had such a connection with the public, have to market uniforms, helmets and other amenities to get recruits they desire.
Let some tell it, SWAC schools have a mainstream branding connection w/ the general public lol. But then again, SWAC schools do not recruit the same caliber of athlete that notre dame, ou, alabama, lsu, et al does. :D Factoid.

Let some tell it, SWAC schools have a mainstream branding connection w/ the general public lol. But then again, SWAC schools do not recruit the same caliber of athlete that notre dame, ou, alabama, lsu, et al does. :D Factoid.
We don't SIGN them... I do know SU, GSU, Bama State, and JSU are offering some of them.

We don't SIGN them... I do know SU, GSU, Bama State, and JSU are offering some of them.

Did "SU, GSU, Bama St, and JSU" offer Daylon Mack? You're in texas, you should know who and what he is w/out 'goggling.' :-/
Did "SU, GSU, Bama St, and JSU" offer Myles Garrett? You're in texas, you should know who and what he is w/out 'goggling.' :-/

Let me bring this back home a little closer and make it more realistic. :) Did "SU, GSU, Bama St, and JSU" offer Kwame Etwi? Again, you're in texas, you should KNOW who and what he is w/out 'goggling.' :eek: And I'll bet a dollar to your dime I can look down notre dame's roster and visibly see kids originating in texas - the SWAC's recruiting footprint and know that "SU, GSU, Bama St, and JSU" et al SWAC schools did NOT offer those young men. Factoid. But you're more than anticipated welcome to state otherwise. smh

Did "SU, GSU, Bama St, and JSU" offer Daylon Mack? You're in texas, you should know who and what he is w/out 'goggling.' :-/
Did "SU, GSU, Bama St, and JSU" offer Myles Garrett? You're in texas, you should know who and what he is w/out 'goggling.' :-/

Let me bring this back home a little closer and make it more realistic. :) Did "SU, GSU, Bama St, and JSU" offer Kwame Etwi? Again, you're in texas, you should KNOW who and what he is w/out 'goggling.' :eek: And I'll bet a dollar to your dime I can look down notre dame's roster and visibly see kids originating in texas - the SWAC's recruiting footprint and know that "SU, GSU, Bama St, and JSU" et al SWAC schools did NOT offer those young men. Factoid. But you're more than anticipated welcome to state otherwise. smh

I can only speak for JSU, but no we didn't offer the guys you mentioned because texas is not our recruiting base.... nor should ppl expect it to be since we're in MS, but pv and txso should've offered. We offered Jeffrey Simmons, you should know who that is without Googling. We've offered several four and five star players but we don't realistically have a chance of getting them.

Back