How do you feel about this?

Originally posted by jag4life
You have insurance. Totally different. There wouldn't be a problem if they had insurance. These people are using "free" hospitals, like Ben Taub in Houston. You and I can't use those because we have insurance or a way to pay.

I see you have Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Yesterday the whole Memorial Hermann hospital system decided to no longer accept that insurance. That's 3000 doctors and 150,000+ patients. That's just the ones working for the city.

I'm glad I have Aetna now. My BCBS ends at the end of this month.

Continue with the topic at hand.

Amen to what JD said!

Now look at where the needy folks are located? I would say that 75% exist in urban settings while additional 14% live in rural areas. Now if funding has to be set aside on a local level to enforce these type of laws AND regulate and navigate the SYSTEM, then who the Hell will feel the crunch when additional taxes are levied? It sure as hell won't be Buffy & Biff living in suburbia! They will insist that those facilities that are prevalent to those folks WITHOUT insurance must pay to uphold the law "because it just doesn't happen over here!"

I was wondering if anyone would've cited that true to life example. Suburbia never feels the "crunch" because it really doesn't happen over here. So, why should we shoulder the burden for someone else? I'm not liking what I'm seeing. I feel that we SHOULD continue to support. Those peeps pay taxes like the next guy. Legalize their arse or deport. Plain and simple.

<u>I just have a problem with categorizing and segregating folks!</u> Who's to say that they won't stop with citizenship? What about "How much have you paid in taxes since you were 15 y-o?" or gross income? The more you pay, the better "treatment" you deserve! I'm tellin' yea! Once that ball gets to rolling, it ain't nuffin nice!
Ditto!!!!!! I've ALWAYS had a problem w/ people 'categorizing' and/or segregating themselves away from others purposely. Creating their own little exclusive world until they need/want something from you, i.e., 2 shopping malls built in far north Dallas where we know most of us cannot afford to live, but, they want our $$$$$$ to be BUSED in.

This isht is very, very deep.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
How about this scenario?

All who live in Tx know about the Robin Hood plan. Taking the previous feelings or thoughts into account, how do you feel about 'property rich' school districts having funds taken from them to fund the 'property poor' school districts? (Robin Hood plan)

Just yesterday, an affluent school district, well - actually it was the municipality of Coppell, in the DFW area (Coppell ISD) voted to raise the sales tax percentage to make up SOME of the 22 million dollars that was being taken from the local school district annually and given to poorer school districts by the state. They (Coppell ISD) stated that they've had to cut their budget by 5 million dollars AND even w/ the increased sales tax percentage, it still won't make up for the 22 million shortfall that the state is taking from them. But still, in order for the students to "maintain" their quality of education, those peeps backed an increased sales tax percentage KNOWING that if they voted to increase their properties' tax rates, that would mean even MORE money being taken from them and given to other districts that aren't as fortunate.

This one hits home w/ me 2 fold as the district in my hometown (where I also pay school district tax) was also forced to deal w/ this same scenario. They had a surplus of $$$$ and were told that the surplus would go to another district not too far away. Their answer not too long ago? Buy up land all over the place and build school after school after school and create this HUGE budget shortfall. Even now, the local school district that I currently live in is following suit and purchasing land to build another high school and athletic facilities where the last high school was built some 1.5 years ago and another newer elementary and an intermediate and.... Creation of a budget shortfall is what they're seeking.

Am I for Robin Hood? Yep.

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Why should illegal aliens receive any type of medical assistance when there are million of Americans who don't have health care. If those illegal aliens want health care...try going back to your original country or trying to become a naturalized citizen. Laws are laws. It's too many illegal aliens over here anyway. They must be giving away driver's licenses. There's enough of em driving around crashing into folk.

NUPE....HOMEBOY......2nd SAX MENTOR......You GOT DAYUM RIGHT!!!!! "L" that's who FICA is..........

Panthro,
I do not want to change the discussion. But Texas had a huge surplus that does not exist anymore. (WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?) It existed just a couple of years ago.

BTW kids that live in poor districts, especially poor rural ones, do deserve to have access to quality educational facilities in their hometowns.

All we have to remember is why the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION was established. Our decision makers probably never heard of the WHO. It was primarily set up to ensure that we as humans do not destroy the human race by allowing diseases to spread among nations. The WHO is now underfunded. America who were the leaders in attacking deadly diseases are turning their backs on the world.

I agree with those who understand the basis need of all humans. Please note that many childhood diseases we had under control are on the upswing.

Good topic Pison.

Originally posted by MightyDog
All we have to remember is why the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION was established. Our decision makers probably never heard of the WHO. It was primarily set up to ensure that we as humans do not destroy the human race by allowing diseases to spread among nations. The WHO is now underfunded. America who were the leaders in attacking deadly diseases are turning their backs on the world.

I agree with those who understand the basis need of all humans. Please note that many childhood diseases we had under control are on the upswing.

Good topic Pison.

This is true. It is so true.

Back