How can the SWAC stand for SU''s field conditions?

If this was somewhere else, the SWAC office would ridicule the school. But since it's at SU, I see nothing. They embarrassed the conference last week with those horrible conditions and now they are going to put my school at risk this weekend.

I'll help contribute for a tarp, book cover or something to keep the field from injuring NFL draft pick Bobby Perry. That's the last thing we need.

Chile, you are beyond pathetic....

Sorry Kenn, couldn't resist this one....You can delete it if you like.

Seriously, something needs to be done (probably too late for this year) before someone gets hurt (again). I know Pete is pretty upset about the conditions. I think we can all agree that the conditions are bad.

They re-soded the field too dayum late

The field crew re-soded the field too dayum late in the summer.

When the stripped the field of sod, they took off the drainage crown which runs down the center of the field.

The new sod didn't have time to take root, thus the 2 plus weeks of rain in the area didn't help any.

It's too late in the season to do anything about it now and beside PV ain't got a chance to win anyway.

Just bring ya'll team and fan to Mumford this year and take another whipping.

BTW, bring that band of ya'll also.

edited by BgJag.

If they get the right type of sod it don't take that long to take. If they spent the kind of money I heard they did it should have been good. The drainage is probably the problem on how they have the field leveled.

The SWAC can't say nothing

The SWAC is operating in the red. What can they say?

I have an idea. Put SU out of the conference.

Re: The SWAC can't say nothing

Originally posted by thegooddoctor
The SWAC is operating in the red. What can they say?

I have an idea. Put SU out of the conference.

Doc,

Feeling froggy huh? I can't wait to hear the answer from our fellow conferees to your question, assuming it was not rhetorical. :D

How can the swac stand for su's field conditions?

The same way the swac stand for PV always embarrassing the conference in football :D

Seriously the field look's like a pig pin and is very very embarrassing :redhot:

Re: How can the swac stand for su's field conditions?

Originally posted by Big Daddy Jag
The same way the swac stand for PV always embarrassing the conference in football :D

Seriously the field look's like a pig pin and is very very embarrassing :redhot:

When I posted initially, this was not on the smack page. I will not smack now. It is unfortunate that the field was not maintained properly by the SU grounds crew. This is unfair to Pete Richardson, his players, the opposition and the league.

I was embarassed by this when I saw it on national tv. We are a prestigious conference, others who saw this will use it as part of negative recruiting. However, we must go on and pray that no other players are injured playing in these conditions (at SU or anyother venues).

Re: Re: How can the swac stand for su's field conditions?

Originally posted by MikeBigg

When I posted initially, this was not on the smack page. I will not smack now. It is unfortunate that the field was not maintained properly by the SU grounds crew. This is unfair to Pete Richardson, his players, the opposition and the league.

I was embarassed by this when I saw it on national tv. We are a prestigious conference, others who saw this will use it as part of negative recruiting. However, we must go on and pray that no other players are injured playing in these conditions (at SU or anyother venues).

Totally off the subject:

I like that picture! Let's make gumbo with that snake meat when you get back!

Earle, TimJag asked AAMU how to manage a field. We hired the company that NFL Team in Nashville used to do ours.

Dug, learned that Coop had two new practice fields, with goal posts and Dug took it out on Coop last Sat.

I had to say it again, Earle our budget is larger than SU.

Who else can afford a D1A Coach, give him a four year extension and a pay raise. We may not beat the big three, but we have more money than all you all put together.

We don't waste money at AAMU.

Football is still a student activity.

Everything that is done at AAMU is for the students.

We will never be like most SWAC Schools.

As you know AAMU will be defending its Volleyball Championship at MVSU this Saturday.

We have, soccer, volleyball and football which are played by students during this period.

We built a new baseball, softball, andwomen soccer fields for our students. We don't want our student athletes stepping in mud holes on our fields.

hey the black panther formally known as the band fan, how can this be a waste of money?

BTW all this was in the making before Coop arrived.

Back