Hey, whatever happened to "Carlton" from Fresh Prince of Belle Aire?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
There's two actors that, for the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't make it big. #1 is/was "Big Brother Almighty" from School Daze. This guy, yall gotta admit, was a TREMENDOUS talent. #2 is/was "Carlton" from FPofBA. This guy had an array of talent. what has happened to these guys?

I don't know about "Carlton", but the guy from School Daze can be seen around on TV sometimes.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
"Big Brotha Almighteee" was just like the "Coreys" of the 80's. They all had their era.

Alfonso had too many Silver Spoon episodes. :rolleyes:

Bartram said:
There's two actors that, for the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't make it big. #1 is/was "Big Brother Almighty" from School Daze. This guy, yall gotta admit, was a TREMENDOUS talent.

He's (Giancarlo Esposito) still around. He does independent films and character rolls on tv dramas.
He was the brother in TAPS with Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn, and Tom Cruise. That movie was cold.

Giancarlo Esposito aka Big Brother Almightee was a regular on the series cop series Homocide that went off the air in 1999.

He also was in Ali with Will Smith and is in the movie released this year called '5 minutes to Midnight'.

He has also appeared on 'Will and Grace'.

Now, Carlton from Fresh Prince........I'on know. :cool:

I thought for sure "Big Brother Almighty" would have made it big, been a regular in a sitcom or movies like much of the gang from School Daze.

From "A Different World", where is Kim, Whitley and Julisa?

Bartram said:
I thought for sure "Big Brother Almighty" would have made it big, been a regular in a sitcom or movies like much of the gang from School Daze.

Bartram you must remember there are only so many avenues that are available.

As far as Whitley she was on a showtime or HBO series that did not fair well....she has not aged well

She ain't a sagging hen, either. She looks pretty good to me to be in her 40s.

jasmine.jpg

My point was not to compare her to some 30 something year old folks.. Did you know Sabrina Labeauf (sandra on cosby show) was only 6 years younger than Felicia Rashad, her mother?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Sho Nuff said:
Bartram you must remember there are only so many avenues that are available.

As far as Whitley she was on a showtime or HBO series that did not fair well....she has not aged well

yeah. you know, i would have never thought in a million years Samuel L. Jackson would have went on to startem as opposed to "BBAM". i mean,, this guy Jackson,, just odd and ends parts here and there (great great actor in the parts I would say) like the robber in "Coming To America" and of coarse the "local" in School Daze. I swear the first time I saw that seen at the chicken joint with Samuel L. Jackson, I could have sworn they shot that in Tuskegee with locals standing in. Jackson seemed so authentic in that role. I said to myself, this guy has GOT to be from the south. this can't be no californian actor playing this part.

well whitley know she was sho nuff fine in School Daze,, my GOD. I always contended that she was never the same as she was in School Daze. seems like, even in A Different World, she lost dat a%%.

Bartram said:

I do wonder what happened to Kim. She was probably a 'regular' girl who ended up acting, but is now living a regular life. As for Jalisa (can't think of her real name) you know she did Hanging w/ Mr. Cooper and then she did a Steve Harvey Show episode a few years back. And of course Cree Summers (Freddie) is just a hippie as she wants to be, but she's still doing A LOT of voice-over work for cartoons and commercials.

Did ya'll see what show Big head Malcom Jamal Warner was supposed to be on this season? I think it's the one with the sports anchor, the dude from Seinfield. But I haven't heard much about it.

Vanessa from the Cosby Show ain't doing squat either. I don't know who told her she could do that talk show a few years back. She was still looking weird.

Did ya'll see Rolo from Sanford and Son on the BET Comedy Awards. Good Lord that man was looking old. you could hear the audience gasp out loud when they realized who he was. He was looking like Grady... :(

Jag-Tig said:
I do wonder what happened to Kim. She was probably a 'regular' girl who ended up acting, but is now living a regular life. As for Jalisa (can't think of her real name) you know she did Hanging w/ Mr. Cooper and then she did a Steve Harvey Show episode a few years back. And of course Cree Summers (Freddie) is just a hippie as she wants to be, but she's still doing A LOT of voice-over work for cartoons and commercials.(

Dawn Lewis has also been doing voice over work as well.

Cree Summer had a cd a few years ago.

Dirty said:
My point was not to compare her to some 30 something year old folks.. Did you know Sabrina Labeauf (sandra on cosby show) was only 6 years younger than Felicia Rashad, her mother?

:eek: H#LL NO!!!!

Wow!!!

But on the real, Jasmine looks good!!! It was some times she looked quite beat up. When are they going to make a "Different World" Reunion - Homecoming Episode!!!!

Where the L is Freddie at (Cree Summers). She got fine towards the end of the show, when she stopped being goofy.

Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton) has been directing for the most part and has a small role in a upcoming movie called Lovewrecked.
Don't forget he was in "In the House".

Speaking of FPofBA, they should consider doing an recap episode where everyone comes back.

Jag-Tig said:
Did ya'll see Rolo from Sanford and Son on the BET Comedy Awards. Good Lord that man was looking old. you could hear the audience gasp out loud when they realized who he was. He was looking like Grady... :(
My sister thought she saw him on a regular basis at a prime panhandling spot right by downtown L.A.. Her stupid azz saw him one day and shouted "Rolo" out of her window, she said that he couldn't stop smiling.

Back