Hey JSue - Just Reported on Bham TV News

Da_Sperm said:
Well, I recall everyone downing UAPB's decision to hire Mo Forte, who last winning season as a college coach was 1986. His team will finish no lower than 3rd overall in the SWAC this year.
After loosing to JSU at home I still think you could have made a much better choice for coach. I know there were much better candidates. I will say that you did better than TSU.

mighty hornet said:
hmmmm, he didn't exactly give SIAC powers "fits", but now he'll give the SWAC east "fits", huh?

If he was from any school other than SU, I wonder would you be singing his praises like this.

food for thought.....

carry on

:read:

mighty hornet said:
hmmmm, he didn't exactly give SIAC powers "fits", but now he'll give the SWAC east "fits", huh?

If he was from any school other than SU, I wonder would you be singing his praises like this.

food for thought.....

carry on

MH,

Your comment has more to do with you not wanting JSU to get a quality coach that know what he is doing. Your reign in the east is going to be very short. Stevie wonder can see once jsu get their shiat together your program cannot compete. You're just Alabama State :lol: (it has been a long time for jsu though)

I hope after this weekend y'all don't mess w/ Coach Frazier and staff. :mad:

Man, he's the best thing to happen to this program in eons read decades. :|

enswaclopedia said:
After loosing to JSU at home I still think you could have made a much better choice for coach. I know there were much better candidates. I will say that you did better than TSU.

Better choice, well maybe. It was either him or Spears. To have a team ranked in the top 10 in one poll most of the year and recieving votes in the ESPN Top 25 in another poll is far better than the past 5 years at UAPB. Finishing 2nd or 1st in the SWAC West and actually contending for the SWAC West title is far better than the past 5 years at UAPB.

If losing to JSU at home is the only thing we have to be ashamed about this year, we'll take that. Some teams in the SWAC didn't win a home game at all. Some teams in the SWAC didn't win any games. Some teams in the SWAC will only win 1 game.

I actually don't think 2 years is enough for a coach to turn a program around.

Da_Sperm said:

Preach!

That's why we @ PV are happier than "L" right now considering how QUICKLY we became more competitive. Coach did say earlier this summer that that was one of our goals! :tup: And it became true. We're proud of these guys/coaching staff! :tup:

Panthro said:
Preach!

That's why we @ PV are happier than "L" right now considering how QUICKLY we became more competitive. Coach did say earlier this summer that that was one of our goals! :tup: And it became true. We're proud of these guys/coaching staff! :tup:

I also agree with that. It takes more than 2 years to know how effective a coach has been to a program. You have to look at it this way. JSU has won more games this year than previous years. I actually think they should atleast let Bell finish his contract out then evaluate his success with his lose. You also have to look at he still has some of Hughes recruiting class there. Hughes could have been receiving good rep from Big Daddy Carson recruiting classes. So there really isn't any comparison with Hughes and Bell.
Plus look at what they players are doing. Maybe the faults lie within them. No one wants a losing season or program but this has to happen to bring them back down to reality. All have had their season of downfalls.

Da_Sperm said:
Better choice, well maybe. It was either him or Spears. To have a team ranked in the top 10 in one poll most of the year and recieving votes in the ESPN Top 25 in another poll is far better than the past 5 years at UAPB. Finishing 2nd or 1st in the SWAC West and actually contending for the SWAC West title is far better than the past 5 years at UAPB.

If losing to JSU at home is the only thing we have to be ashamed about this year, we'll take that. Some teams in the SWAC didn't win a home game at all. Some teams in the SWAC didn't win any games. Some teams in the SWAC will only win 1 game.

PB has had an excellent season and have much to build on. I agree with the sentiments of others that it takes more that 1 or 2 years to get a better gauge of what type of coach you have. We can however say that it appears that he is headed in the right direction. His continued success would benefit APB in particular and the SWAC in general. I am not sure though that anyone should make a hasty assessment of Melvin Spears coaching prowess. He has encountered some serious personnel issues that has encumbered his ability to compete for a title. I believe it is just unfortunate that he may not be able to redeem himself. IMHO he should have made the Grambling administration make more of a commitment contractually or not accept the job.

JROCK said:
MH,

Your comment has more to do with you not wanting JSU to get a quality coach that know what he is doing. Your reign in the east is going to be very short. Stevie wonder can see once jsu get their shiat together your program cannot compete. You're just Alabama State :lol: (it has been a long time for jsu though)
He's sced of us. :scared:

Panthro said:
I hope after this weekend y'all don't mess w/ Coach Frazier and staff. :mad:

Man, he's the best thing to happen to this program in eons read decades. :|

No, scholarships are the best thing to happen to that program in eons.

Da_Sperm said:
Well, I recall everyone downing UAPB's decision to hire Mo Forte, who last winning season as a college coach was 1986. His team will finish no lower than 3rd overall in the SWAC this year.

Did I get this right? UAPB hired a coach that had not had a winning record in 18 years? I was familiar with the fact that he had not had any success in recent years, but I did not know that he had gone that long without a winning record. I think we need to wait and see if this year was merely an abberration before we laud the decision to hire him.

I don't think JSU ought to follow UAPB's example and hire a coach on the hope that his future will be better than his past. They should hire a a coach with a proven past and who has good prospects for the future. That's L.C. Cole or Comegy, if they can handle a strong-willed coach.

JROCK said:
MH,

Just because I see through your crap aint no reason for you to attempt to bring ASU into this.

So, tell me JROCK
exactly what has Streeter done that will lead you to say he'll cause "fits" in the east (notice, you didn't say in the SWAC, just in the East).
Name ONE team that he has beaten that has impressed you to that extent. You really need to stop trying to prop up SU at EVERY single turn.

as for ASU's "reign in the east", go take a look at ASU's roster kid. Besides, to counter that crap, I could just as easily tell you that SU's "reign in the west" will end once Grambling "get their shiat together"

I can distinctly remember when Bell was hired, folks were ready to crown JSU as worldwide champions. Weren't you also one of those folks JROCk?

beans,
Your comment doesnt even merit a response kid. Before you get to the competitive level, yall will first have to get to the respectable level!

mighty hornet said:
beans,
Your comment doesnt even merit a response kid. Before you get to the competitive level, yall will first have to get to the respectable level!
Mh, that's just your fear :scared: talking.

Tigerpride said:
Hiring Hughes was our first sin.....and we are still paying for it.

Since JSU fans were so high on Shannon, why don't the fans push for one of Carson's good assistants as head coach and have him bring Shannon back as oc? That's a less desirable scenario than obtaining a proven head coach, but it might improve JSU's team somewhat.

Oracle said:
Since JSU fans were so high on Shannon, why don't the fans push for one of Carson's good assistants as head coach and have him bring Shannon back as oc? That's a less desirable scenario than obtaining a proven head coach, but it might improve JSU's team somewhat.
Dude, Shannon ain't coming back to JSU to be OC. He left because he wasn't named head coach.

MH,

Stop your lies. I am the one that gave "DUMBBELL" his name. Dude, my comments have nothing to do with "propping up" your SUperior. S.U. needs no help running this conference as evident by the consistent commissioner cup wins. I notice you have become emotional and throwing "crap" around. But whether you like it or not your football program has only won 1 football championship the last quarter of a century. It's nice that you all are having a little success but JSU is still yall DADDY. You and I know your worse fear is jsue getting someone over there that knows what they are doing. Wade Streeter would run the east easily. Of course I did not say the SWAC. Apparently you forgot that S.U. and Grambling still reside in the west. Whether you like it or not Jackson State and Alcorn in the east are really the only teams as a whole we somewhat respect. Watch the way we handle up on you all in the SCG. Like I said, you all are just Bama State. :lol:

Panthro said:
You gotta' know how to use'em TP. We haven't had too much of that around here.

But if you did not have them, how could you know how to use them? Dorsey had 15 scholarships? What did you expect him to do with that? Johnson only had the promise that he would get some. You are making an unfair comparison.

just like I KNEW all along, you can't name a single thing to back up that statement about Streeter would "cause fits in the East".

carry on....

mighty hornet said:
just like I KNEW all along, you can't name a single thing to back up that statement about Streeter would "cause fits in the East".

carry on....

Please,

You people in the east would not know a good coach if you saw one and have not won a football championship in 8 years. It is because the east has been permeated with "c**n logic and play." I am sure you are one of those confused people leading the charge with the Joe's to run LC out of Montgomery. BTW, Valley gonna kick yall arse :lol:

Oracle said:
Shannon was Carson's only good assistant. If he comes back, its gonna be as HC.

I wish JSU luck. JSU have the athletes. When it come to coaches, it's all about communication, preparation and personel. Bill Parcell has 2 Superbowl's but now the Dallas Cowboys are struggling;Danny Ford won a national championship at Clemson but when he was at Arkansas half of the players either quit or transferred to UAPB.

Look at Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden; they both go to different teams and have some what of a success.

Trying to find the right coach that can "hit it off" with his players is hard today. Good Luck JSU.

JSU/99 said:
Shannon was Carson's only good assistant. If he comes back, its gonna be as HC.

Unfortunately, I can't see JSU hiring Shannon. It will be interesting to see how deep JSU decides to go in their pockets. I don't believe 80K is going to get JSU what they need. As quiet as it has been kept, JSU has definitely began a search.

Back